Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Visual References to elements of Mandalorian Kits

• 25 Replies

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Visual References to elements of Mandalorian Kits
« on: Apr 18, 2017, 03:52 PM »
I've been asked a lot about various components of the Mandalorian Kit.  It got me thinking that it might help some folks to have some visual references to the bits and bobs mentioned in the CRLs, in WiPs, and in just general topics. So here's a down and dirty breakdown of the various parts of a Modern Era Mandalorian kit, with visual references.  Bear in mind that since this Club allows customizations, the visuals I'm including are for the most typical examples of the various bits and bobs.

If you're interested in any of these pieces being more custom, draw up your idea, or find a different visual reference, and post it in your WiP thread for feedback, or you can ask the App Team directly using this form.

(All the following images were found via Google, and are assumed to be public domain.  Any pictures of MMCC members and their kits will be noted when I'm aware of the provenance.)

I'll start at the top and work my way down.  First, we've got the helmet, also referred to as a bucket. 

You'll see references to different parts of the bucket.  The visor or T Visor, the RF or Range Finder, the Earcaps, dome, cheeks, brow ridge, and the Keyslots.

Bear in mind that if you're going to include a range finder on your bucket, there's a different ear cap.

Earcap for the RF:

Standard Earcap:

Rangefinder:

A common question that gets asked about the visor is what do you use for the visor itself?  The thing that most people use is a welding shield, typically a shade 5 visor:

Then you cut the welding visor down to fit the shape of the bucket's T.

I'll go through the soft parts next.  For your soft parts you need a flight suit - a single piece garment that covers you from feet to neck - or something that looks like it's a single piece garment when you're all kitted up.  As long as the shirt and pants are made from the same material and are the same color, feel free to use separate garments.  And you can't have skin showing under your bucket - so you might need a neck seal if your flight suit lacks a high enough collar.

You'll also need a flak vest, a girth belt or sash, and an ammo/gun belt, and of course boots.  You're free to use a sash and a girth belt and a gun/ammo belt, but the CRLs - Costume Requirment List - only requires you to have any two of the three.  Although I personally highly recommend that at least one of those three is a gun/ammo belt.  If you're going to wear boots with laces, you need to cover those up somehow - either with armor, wraps, or spats/gaiters.

Flight Suit:

Neck Seal:

Flak Vest, with and without built in neck seals:

Girth Belt:

Gun/ammo belt:

Leg wraps:

Spats:

Kama:

Sash and boots not pictured.

As to the armor itself, it's made up of several different pieces.  There's the collar, chest plates, diamond or chest diamond, back, ab or abdominal, cod, shoulders, thighs, knees, shins, and boot plates.

Torso Armor Reference:

Collar:

Chest:

Diamond:

Back:

Shoulders flat and shaped:

Ab:

Gauntlets/Vambraces:

Cod:

Kidney Plate/Backside of Cod:

- borrowed from Shammah's WiP.

Alternate Kidney plate image:

- borrowed from Raestin's WiP.

Leg Armor:

And there's the breakdown.  Keep in mind that this is a very basic rundown, but if anyone sees anything I missed, let me know and I'll happily add it.

« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2018, 04:10 PM by Havelock » Logged
"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Fi-8015

• Awards 40% increase or more Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Visual References to elements of Mandalorian Kits
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19, 2017, 06:31 AM »
Great idea, in my oppinion this could be linked in the CRLs.

Maybe you can find a good reference pic for a kama to add to the list.

Helmets for Sale in the Trading Station

electriFi - Mando Electronics English / German

Havelock

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #2 on: Apr 19, 2017, 10:47 AM »
Added.  And thank you, Fi

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett

Tek Sa'an

• OM #1005 - QMU #007 - Vinyl'alor
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #3 on: Apr 20, 2017, 01:33 PM »
Very nice!

ORIíRAMIKAD 2020 | OM #1005 | QMU #007 | VINYL'ALOR | IG-85736

Khorkhe Ori'tor

• Gentíalor
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2017 Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #4 on: Apr 20, 2017, 07:58 PM »
Excellent topic Havelok... Very complete and explicative...

Regards,

Grey Brigade - OT Guard 106

Havelock

« Reply #5 on: Apr 20, 2017, 11:00 PM »
Thank you, vode. 

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #6 on: Apr 21, 2017, 12:27 PM »
Very handy info Havelock!!  Great work.  :)

** Gonna move this one to the Armor Concepts board.  It makes more sense to have it there.  :)

Reginmund

• Gar taldin ni jaonyc; gar sa buir, ori'wadaas'la
« Reply #7 on: Apr 25, 2017, 12:00 PM »
As usual, great job vod! I know when I first became interested in this club I did a lot of Google searches and cross referencing on this site to make sure I was getting the terminology correct, and matching it to the correct piece of kit.

C.A. #67 | M.A. #160 | M.A.D. #69 | M.A.R.S. #64 |M.L.C.S. #32 | VABS

sxrojasb

• Death dodges the brave ones
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Special Operations Brigade Member Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 02:07 PM »
Excelent its a great job

Og' Reh

• Ugliest Mandalorian you've ever seen!
  • Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2017, 04:36 AM »
Any chance for kidney plate? I've spent a while looking for an example. I believe having it in this place'd help a lot.

- My Lord! The field is lost! Army in disarray. This may be the end of the war...
- Desperate times need desperate measures... Call Mandalorians!
- Like... BOTH of them?

WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=105164.0
Bucket (complete): http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=106492.msg1782976#msg1782976

Havelock

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 03:54 PM »
Added it for you, Ogre.

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions Award for 50 official invasions.
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2017, 07:20 PM »
Pretty sure that RF cradle has to be covered :p

Great job vod.

The only stupid questions, are the ones you're too afraid - or too proud - to ask.

MMCC International Costuming Standards - CLICK HERE

MQ+A FAQ - CLICK HERE

MQ+A Question Form - CLICK HERE

Og' Reh

• Ugliest Mandalorian you've ever seen!
  • Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #12 on: Jun 09, 2017, 04:28 AM »
Thank you very much!

- My Lord! The field is lost! Army in disarray. This may be the end of the war...
- Desperate times need desperate measures... Call Mandalorians!
- Like... BOTH of them?

WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=105164.0
Bucket (complete): http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=106492.msg1782976#msg1782976

Shammah

• Vhett Manda
  • Awards 40+ hrs of Charity Work Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #13 on: Jun 09, 2017, 05:21 AM »
Say, I recognize that kidney plate. Final version I put velcro on the top of it and the back of my vest to hold up the weight of my beskad and side blaster while fastening everything down, works great. Once it was painted it doesn't look so big and clunky. ;)

Vhett Manda Clan - Iowa, USA
MMCC # 1013

Two things left for sniper... TIME! GIVE ME TIME!
Cabur Akaata #38     M.A.B.E.L. #042... Perfect!
VRCA #067                 M.A.C.K. #43
M.A. #175
Sniper WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=90431.0

Havelock

« Reply #14 on: Jun 12, 2017, 09:36 PM »
Mal - should be fixed.  Thank you.

Shammah and Raestin - thank you (retroactively) for the use of your pics.   ;D

« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2018, 02:02 PM by Havelock » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!