Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Super Secret Squirrel Build - Soft Parts

• 3 Replies
Super Secret Squirrel Build - Soft Parts
« on: Apr 27, 2017, 06:09 PM »
okay so this may need to be in a mash up section. Just letting Admin know in advance. I've decided this time around I'm not going to share my concept art. Its gonna be a SURPRISE!  :P :P :laugh: :D 8) However, I am taking some soft part basics and adding them to what I'm doing. For instance, I started my girth belt today. I have all the goods laying around so I thought, why not? I used the basic girth tutorial except instead of the clothing line cordage, I used some flat plaited cordage from Michael's jewelry section. I'm going to end up backing it with some quilted material though, because I have a general hourglass shape and the belt will basically sit right at my waist. I thought about having it sit lower, but the pics I'm referencing have it sitting high so I figure I'm alright. I also want it to keep a good shape. In other news, I hit up the thrift store and scored on a 3" elastic belt. And the latch is perfect.

To be continued...

SO today didn't go as planned. Which allowed me to have a lot more time on my hands. I was able to sew the inner bellyband for my girth belt together and dyed the rope portion. It didn't really like being submerged...and it kinda looks like someone got murdered in my bathroom...note to self....dye stuff outside... :o :o :o so when it finishes drying, I'm gonna have to glue a few pieces back on. The plan is to take some heavy linen and use it to cap off the ends of the rope. The dying also caused some fraying and I wan't to nip that in the bud right away.

I am aware that the back is coming up a bit. the rope portion will have addition securing mechanisms so it'll lay flat in the end.

« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2017, 10:22 PM by Laaran Kar'ta » Logged
"It makes me happy that I make you nervous...that tells me you aren't stupid."

Armor:

Helmet:

Techblade a.k.a Dral Tracinya : http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=111300.0

Erio J'uni

• Trust me. All you are to me is a paycheck!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 75 official invasions.
Re: Super Secret Squirrel Build - Soft Parts
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2017, 01:38 AM »
Gotta follow this build!

MMCC #899 | B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor | M.A.J.I.C. #132 | K.O.M.S. #17 | B.O.O.M. #11 | The IT-Mando Society #11 | Grey Brigade #59

Jun'yar Ikaad

• The mando formerly known as Bata Aden
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 75 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 2017, 12:54 PM »
Oh thats looking nice!

« Reply #3 on: Apr 28, 2017, 02:44 PM »
I can't wait for you guys to see the end off all this madness vode!! LOL So the dye came out pretty good. Its not as bright as will show in the pictures. More a washed out scarlet than bright red. I was also able to cap off the ends...while my sewing machine decided she wanted to work :-X....gonna take it to my buddies house now and see if we can't put some one inch eyelets in each end. Stay tuned.

UPDATE 04/29/17

Okay so before anyone freaks out...The ribbon is not the ribbon for the end product. I am also not planning on a corset design. Its just that I'm broke right now and pretty much using whatever's in the house. 

My buddy helped me out with the eyelets so that was a major help. gonna weather them up when I do everything at once. Am super happy with how this came out. Even found a length of rope that compliments it really well.

Next stop. Leg and arm wraps.

« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2017, 08:38 PM by Laaran Kar'ta » Logged
"It makes me happy that I make you nervous...that tells me you aren't stupid."

Armor:

Helmet:

Techblade a.k.a Dral Tracinya : http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=111300.0

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!