Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Velke's Upgrade/2.0 WIP PRE-APP PICS ADDED 5-18-19

• 78 Replies
Re: Velke's Upgrade/2.0 WIP UPDATED 6-1-18
« Reply #30 on: Jun 02, 2018, 12:29 PM »
This looks awesome. Great work.

Velke

• They won't see me coming....
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Velke's Upgrade/2.0 WIP UPDATED 6-1-18
« Reply #31 on: Jun 03, 2018, 01:33 AM »
Thanks vod! I'm finally at  the point where everything's in the pack except the batteries. Eventually, each switch will turn on its own green LED, and the switch on the left side will turn on the blue LED next to it.

The green LED bar is actually a name badge that is rechargeable. Here's a pic with the lights dimmed, showing that LED bar a bit better.

But now it all comes back out so I can paint and weather it. I also still need to attach buckles to hang it from the harness I'm making.   

MMCC OM #1630 
M.A.J.I.C. #180
Grey Brigade OT Guard #54
M.M.R.S. #34

Brigades Upgrade/2.0 WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=132875.0

Tion'ad hukaat'kama? Ni.
(Who's watching your back? I am.)

Vor'en Marr

• Vor'en Marr
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member
Re: Velke's Upgrade/2.0 WIP UPDATED 6-3-18
« Reply #32 on: Jun 03, 2018, 04:08 AM »
Great work Vod..

MMCC #1437 | B.O.M.B #069 | MiB #018| B.O.O.M #027

Torolf Goran

• Take what you can, give nothing back.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #33 on: Jun 04, 2018, 05:29 PM »
It's looking great vod!

Bes'uliik Clan - Arkansas   OM #1545  
Brigade Member - Striker Division, Privateer / Heavy Melee
501st Diamond Garrison - TA 15450
M.M.R.S. - 001 (founder), W.B. - 003, QMU - 055, L.O.B. - 015, O.S.B.A. - 004, B.o.B.B. - 015, N.O.S. - 018

If you're new to the club and in Arkansas go here.
Official Invasions: 18

Velke

« Reply #34 on: Jun 05, 2018, 12:31 AM »
Thanks! Iím on vacation this week, so hopefully Iíll have the time to get it painted.

MMCC OM #1630 
M.A.J.I.C. #180
M.M.R.S. #34

Brigades Upgrade/2.0 WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=132875.0

Tion'ad hukaat'kama? Ni.

Velke

« Reply #35 on: Jul 29, 2018, 12:49 AM »
Okay, so I finally got up off my shebs and got some more comms pack work done.

She's all painted, weathered, and has the machete sheath attached.

If things go my way, I'll have pics with ALL of the LEDs wired up and working tomorrow. In other news' my new flight suit is almost done. I'm getting close to being ready to submit my brigades app!   ;D

MMCC OM #1630 
M.A.J.I.C. #180
M.M.R.S. #34

Tion'ad hukaat'kama? Ni.

Torolf Goran

• Take what you can, give nothing back.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member
Re: Velke's Upgrade/2.0 WIP UPDATED 7-28-18
« Reply #36 on: Jul 29, 2018, 10:11 PM »
Itís coming together nicely.  :like:

Bes'uliik Clan - Arkansas   OM #1545  
Brigade Member - Striker Division, Privateer / Heavy Melee
501st Diamond Garrison - TA 15450
M.M.R.S. - 001 (founder), W.B. - 003, QMU - 055, L.O.B. - 015, O.S.B.A. - 004, B.o.B.B. - 015, N.O.S. - 018

If you're new to the club and in Arkansas go here.
Official Invasions: 18

Velke

Re: Velke's Upgrade/2.0 WIP UPDATED 7-28-18
« Reply #37 on: Oct 07, 2018, 03:07 AM »
Greetings all. I feel like I've been working almost nonstop for the past few weeks, but in the midst of all that I've finally managed to 100% complete my comms pack. Please disregard the view of the kitchen sink in the background.

The LEDs on the front panel look white in the photo, but they're actually green. Each switch is meant to access a different common radio frequency (Rebel, Imperial, Mandalorian, & Hutt).

This second shot shows the power indicator light. It was originally going o be blue, but I tried out this amber light and liked it better.

Lastly, this is a shot of the bedroll that I attached to the bottom. I'm extremely pleased with my final result on this thing!

MMCC OM #1630 
M.A.J.I.C. #180
M.M.R.S. #34

Tion'ad hukaat'kama? Ni.

Velke

Re: Velke's Upgrade/2.0 WIP UPDATED 10-7-18
« Reply #38 on: Dec 03, 2018, 02:16 AM »
Hello all, I'm still here and still working on my upgrades. I had a nice hefty piece of aluminum that I did some grinding on, and came up with a decent belt buckle. I then drilled holes in it, and used Chicago screws to attach it to a belt.

I drilled the outer sides of the holes big enough to create a counter sink effect, causing the Chicago screws to drop down below the top surface of the buckle.

I then put in the backs of the screws. You'll notice that I set a snap in the belt, right at center of the back of the buckle. This will eventually snap into my (in progress) girth belt, to keep the gun belt from moving around when I walk/move.

Anyway, I'll be filling the countersinks in with weld, then I'll grind them, sand them, then I'll have a belt that "appears" to buckle in the front, but that will actually snap closed in the back.

MMCC OM #1630 
M.A.J.I.C. #180
M.M.R.S. #34

Tion'ad hukaat'kama? Ni.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Velke's Upgrade/2.0 WIP UPDATED 12-3-18
« Reply #39 on: Dec 03, 2018, 07:29 PM »
Excellent detail on the comm pack, and nicely done on the belt :D.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Velke

« Reply #40 on: Dec 04, 2018, 02:20 AM »
Thanks vod! I'm actually doing a bit of fine tuning to the comm pack, pics of the FINAL final results are coming soon. Same for the belt, once all the pouches are done.

MMCC OM #1630 
M.A.J.I.C. #180
M.M.R.S. #34

Tion'ad hukaat'kama? Ni.

Velke

« Reply #41 on: Dec 05, 2018, 02:43 AM »
I got started making a set of aluminum knees.

They still need a bit of work, but I should have them completed by the end of the week. My soft parts are nearing completion as well. I'll have pics of the flightsuit and girth belt soon.

MMCC OM #1630 
M.A.J.I.C. #180
M.M.R.S. #34

Tion'ad hukaat'kama? Ni.

Velke

Re: Velke's Upgrade/2.0 WIP UPDATED 12-5-18
« Reply #42 on: Dec 31, 2018, 12:12 AM »
I spent the last few days fine tuning the shape of my armor plates, as well as weathering and sealing them.

Also, I recently posted pics of my completed comms backpack. However, the more I looked at it, the less I cared for the "boxy" look of it, so I went back to the drawing board and redesigned it....

painted it....

and added Mando'a lettering and weathering.

Currently, all of the lights I'm adding are installed and wired. I have just a few other things to install tomorrow, then I'll add pics of the completed pack. Things are starting to move along much quicker now!

The revised comms pack is complete.

I had some leftover Warnammer 40K decals that I thought would look cool on my kit, so I used a few around the dial.

I can't state enough how much happier I am with this pack than I was with my first one. More to come soon!

« Last Edit: Dec 31, 2018, 12:41 PM by Havelock » Logged
MMCC OM #1630 
M.A.J.I.C. #180
M.M.R.S. #34

Tion'ad hukaat'kama? Ni.

Havelock

• The Motivat'alor | I've got a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Velke's Upgrade/2.0 WIP UPDATED 12-31-18
« Reply #43 on: Dec 31, 2018, 12:42 PM »
As part of my moderation duties I must request that you please avoid Double Posting in the forums.  This is against forum rules as documented HERE.

Double Posts - Please refrain from posting immediately after yourself, also known as 'double posting'.
If no one has replied use the "modify" button to update your post.
WIP threads and other similar threads that have new content being added are exempt from this rule, provided the posts have useful new posts being added.
In such exemptions, replies to multiple questions when attempting to catch up should still be combined into single posts.
Moderators will exercise their best judgement, if you feel an error was made please contact the Moderator Lead and Tech Officer via PM.

The posts have been combined.

Now that that's out of the way....this all looks absolutely amazing!  Great work, vod!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett | Mk I | Mk II | Havelock Fiction | Invasions - 23

Velke

Re: Velke's Upgrade/2.0 WIP UPDATED 12-31-18
« Reply #44 on: Dec 31, 2018, 02:49 PM »
My apologies....and thank you!

MMCC OM #1630 
M.A.J.I.C. #180
M.M.R.S. #34

Tion'ad hukaat'kama? Ni.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!