Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Velke's Upgrade/2.0 WIP PRE-APP PICS ADDED 5-18-19

• 78 Replies

Velke

• They won't see me coming....
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Velke's Upgrade/2.0 WIP UPDATED 7-21-17
« Reply #15 on: Jul 26, 2017, 09:59 PM »
It was pointed out to me that my visor was a tad high, which made it look as if it stopped a bit too short of the edge of the opening. I went in and adjusted that.

I've also started reattaching armor to my vest, using the Chicago screw method. Just shoulders and collar for now, but I plan to have all the rest of the plates on tomorrow.

MMCC OM #1630 
M.A.J.I.C. #180
Grey Brigade OT Guard #54
M.M.R.S. #34

Brigades Upgrade/2.0 WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=132875.0

Tion'ad hukaat'kama? Ni.
(Who's watching your back? I am.)

Velke

Re: Velke's Upgrade/2.0 WIP UPDATED 7-26-17
« Reply #16 on: Mar 04, 2018, 01:32 AM »
Hello all. This post is just to let everyone know that I'm still alive and kicking. I was working an incredibly good job, but ended up getting laid off last August. Since then, money has been a huge issue. Fast forward to last month. I got put back to work, and after playing catch up on bills, I'm back to getting my Brigade work/upgrades finished!

MMCC OM #1630 
M.A.J.I.C. #180
M.M.R.S. #34

Brigades Upgrade/2.0 WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=132875.0

Tion'ad hukaat'kama? Ni.

Havelock

• The Motivat'alor | I've got a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #17 on: Mar 04, 2018, 11:23 PM »
I'm really sorry to hear about your work woes.  That's never a good place to be, but I'm glad you seem to have weathered the storm, and are getting back to it.

I like what you're doing - your upgrades look really nice, very well constructed, beautifully painted.  Great job.  And you may not be a leatherworker, but you're faking it incredibly well.   :P

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett | Mk I | Mk II | Havelock Fiction | Invasions - 23

Velke

« Reply #18 on: Mar 05, 2018, 01:00 AM »
I'm really sorry to hear about your work woes.  That's never a good place to be, but I'm glad you seem to have weathered the storm, and are getting back to it.

I like what you're doing - your upgrades look really nice, very well constructed, beautifully painted.  Great job.  And you may not be a leatherworker, but you're faking it incredibly well.   :P

Thanks vod, I appreciate the kind words. And speaking of leatherworking, I banged out a new pouch for my Aker box this evening.

Simple, yet effective. Also, I've been toying with the idea of making a slicer's terminal interface kit, which in my mind would be a sort of programmable keycard for locked doors. Anyway, I found a copy of The Bounty Hunter's Code for sale, and used the keycard from that as a base.

So far all I've done is paint it, but it'll eventually have some sort of wiring port attached, allowing me to connect a removable wire to it, the other end of which will attach to my left gauntlet. There will be a 3-4 push button interface on the gauntlet, which will be how/where the card is programmed. So....yay, progress!

MMCC OM #1630 
M.A.J.I.C. #180
M.M.R.S. #34

Tion'ad hukaat'kama? Ni.

Velke

Re: Velke's Upgrade/2.0 WIP UPDATED 4-26-18
« Reply #19 on: Apr 26, 2018, 02:08 AM »
As per the Sniper BRLs:

"Secondary Accessories - - choose at least two of the following:
Mid sized knife, beskad, or machete"

So I drew upon the Praetorian Guard weapons from TLJ as inspiration, and came up with this design for a machete.

The side panels are the same shade of green that I used on my kit. I think it turned out pretty well. More updates are coming soon!

MMCC OM #1630 
M.A.J.I.C. #180
M.M.R.S. #34

Tion'ad hukaat'kama? Ni.

Havelock

• The Motivat'alor | I've got a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #20 on: Apr 30, 2018, 06:56 PM »
Niiiice.  Very, very nice.  To all of the above.   :laugh:

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett | Mk I | Mk II | Havelock Fiction | Invasions - 23

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #21 on: Apr 30, 2018, 08:47 PM »
Yeah! These upgrades are looking fantastic :). I can't wait to see it all put together.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Torolf Goran

• Take what you can, give nothing back.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2018, 10:56 PM »
It all looks great!

Bes'uliik Clan - Arkansas   OM #1545  
Brigade Member - Striker Division, Privateer / Heavy Melee
501st Diamond Garrison - TA 15450
M.M.R.S. - 001 (founder), W.B. - 003, QMU - 055, L.O.B. - 015, O.S.B.A. - 004, B.o.B.B. - 015, N.O.S. - 018

If you're new to the club and in Arkansas go here.
Official Invasions: 18

Velke

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2018, 01:28 AM »

MMCC OM #1630 
M.A.J.I.C. #180
M.M.R.S. #34

Tion'ad hukaat'kama? Ni.

T_Jay00

• Aeon Lassiter
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2018, 12:33 PM »
Where do you get your leather? I'm looking into doing my own leatherworking, but I don't know where to get any.

Velke

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2018, 06:05 PM »
Where do you get your leather? I'm looking into doing my own leatherworking, but I don't know where to get any.

I order it online from Tandy Leather.

MMCC OM #1630 
M.A.J.I.C. #180
M.M.R.S. #34

Tion'ad hukaat'kama? Ni.

Velke

Re: Velke's Upgrade/2.0 WIP UPDATED 5-20-18
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2018, 01:14 AM »
Well, it's time to show a bit more progress! I have the very rough beginnings of my comms back pack.

This is the view from someone behind me if I had it on. Currently, it's little more than an aluminum box, but it's a start.

This is the top view. It's a bit hard to see, but there's a plate with rounded ends welded on there, on the right side. That's a reinforcement plate for other things to be added later.

This is the right side. The machete I posted earlier will be in a sheath that'll hang on this side.

Here's the left side. I designed what I think is a pretty cool ventilation plate here. Eventually, I'll put mosquito screening inside behind this. Also, there's a toggle switch and a blue LED in there. They'll have to come out before I paint this thing, but I just wanted an idea of what they'd look like.

And lastly, a shot of me holding this thing up to my chest. I know, I know, it goes on my back!  :laugh: But I just wanted people to get an idea of the size of the pack.

Anyway, this is where mu time is going right now. I hope to have more updates/finished product soon!

MMCC OM #1630 
M.A.J.I.C. #180
M.M.R.S. #34

Tion'ad hukaat'kama? Ni.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2018, 08:08 AM »
Nicely done! I'm interested to see what the final product will look like :D

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Velke

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2018, 02:44 AM »
Thanks vod! I got the front panel installed today.

Again, there's still tons of work to do on it (and my kit as a whole) but I'm still very happy with how things are going!

MMCC OM #1630 
M.A.J.I.C. #180
M.M.R.S. #34

Tion'ad hukaat'kama? Ni.

Velke

Re: Velke's Upgrade/2.0 WIP UPDATED 6-1-18
« Reply #29 on: Jun 01, 2018, 01:10 AM »
Well, I think it's starting to look like something....

And a view of the back showing the access panel for batteries.

I'm gonna try to wire everything up and have it ready to paint this weekend. I think it's gonna be awesome when it's done!

MMCC OM #1630 
M.A.J.I.C. #180
M.M.R.S. #34

Tion'ad hukaat'kama? Ni.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!