Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

HELMET SIZING AND BUYING TUTORIAL. Please read before asking all the answered Qs

• 354 Replies
I am looking to start my own character and trying to figure out helmet size. Reading through what I could I believe a 1:1 helmet would fit me. I don't have my measurements but hat size wise I wear a large / extra large. Any suggestions on if I should do a 1:1 style helmet or look for something slightly larger. Height wise I am around 5'10 and about 225 pounds so average size and slightly larger frame.

There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
I am looking to start my own character and trying to figure out helmet size. Reading through what I could I believe a 1:1 helmet would fit me. I don't have my measurements but hat size wise I wear a large / extra large. Any suggestions on if I should do a 1:1 style helmet or look for something slightly larger. Height wise I am around 5'10 and about 225 pounds so average size and slightly larger frame.
A simple hat size like large doesn't give us any information. If it was a size 8 or 8-3/16 that would be more helpful because that's roughly the diameter of a persons noggin.

QMU#084
Ok I will try and see if I can get some measurements done soon

There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

Kyram Sorenn

• Wampa Clan, Maine
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Would anyone happen to know the sizing difference between a Tomvader Juggernaut and a 1:1 boba? I'm trying to look into a new helmet, but I'm not sure what might fit me or not.

Six-barreled rotary cannon capable of solving 6,000 problems per minute. I love assault cannons.

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
Would anyone happen to know the sizing difference between a Tomvader Juggernaut and a 1:1 boba? I'm trying to look into a new helmet, but I'm not sure what might fit me or not.
The juggernaut is bigger.

QMU#084

Kyram Sorenn

• Wampa Clan, Maine
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
 :( dang
I was hoping they wouldn't be much different. I've had a skirata arms "foxxtechj intimidator" and it squashes my nose. I'm looking for a Boba style buckect that would fit.

Six-barreled rotary cannon capable of solving 6,000 problems per minute. I love assault cannons.

Bowfanny

I think there's a larger boba style helmet out there on the market, either Tom Vader, or even One of the other makers I'm thinking their initials are KV or something.

QMU#084
Just a quick question about shoulder width. How do you guys measure? across the back?

thanks

So, measured my head and it comes in at around 26' inches in circumference if I'm measuring correctly. I'm a 240ish lb dude standing at about 6ft even last time I checked. Guessing I'll need to buy a bigger helmet, like the one from Tom Vader?

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

Bowfanny

So, measured my head and it comes in at around 26' inches in circumference if I'm measuring correctly. I'm a 240ish lb dude standing at about 6ft even last time I checked. Guessing I'll need to buy a bigger helmet, like the one from Tom Vader?
Correct, or have someone 3d print one to your size!

QMU#084

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!