Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

HELMET SIZING AND BUYING TUTORIAL. Please read before asking all the answered Qs

• 354 Replies

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Most Bo buckets are Jango sized. TMA (Kebiit'ra Verda) has Hondo's old moulds.

22 pages.... Quite the thread...
Ok, I *thiiink* I have this figured. I'm 5'5'' tall(or, y'know, short), weigh 115-ish, and my natural shoulder width is 16''. I'm using pauldrons, which add 2 inches onto either side(20''). I also have a fairly long face(don't know how to measure that, though). I'm thinking, right now, that the Jango 2P size is right, and... I'd likely want to go with Saz's, which is 9.5(?)'' wide, so should fit my size ratio. Sound about right?

"If you want something to shine bright, it has to be polished hard."
Kal Skirta

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Yes. Don't worry about anything except shoulders and height is basically what this thread is saying. Any Jango helmet will fit you well. :)

Awesome!!! :D Thanks, vode!! This was extremely helpful!!!!

"If you want something to shine bright, it has to be polished hard."
Kal Skirta

MrMetalArm

• Chaos Marks Us All
What about the helmets made by headshot props?

Has one awesome arm :D

Aliit orishya taldiin (Family is more than just blood)

Kayne Summikad WiP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110721.msg1539411#msg1539411
Kayne Idea Bucket: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110722.msg1536374#msg1536374

Saz

• Hodor'alor
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Best Blaster - Official Member with best looking Verpine Shatter Rifle Order of the Ori'Ramikad
As Hondo made the buckets, you can't go wrong with a helmet from Headshot.

Helmet builder and custom Maker, PM me for details or click here.

ITYS Counter now at 177.
Is nme props still selling helmets ??

Siryn

• The Stylish One
So I'm looking to make a Legacy style Tes Vevec helmet (it's my first ever mando i'm working on), and I'm a plus size so I guess going by the fist post I would be a don 95/96? But I don't feel the dome is large/round/high enough to make the slits in it without it looking weird/squashed. I feel the rubies 2 piece would be a better shape, but might be too small for my body.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm a little overwhelmed with all of the options :) (oh and I would like a resin bucket since that seems to be the way to go)

Thanks!

Xolad

Any words of wisdom for measuring our heads to find the best sized Helmet?

I am looking for a Late Era Rohlan Dyre helmet...
« Reply #334 on: Jun 17, 2014, 12:23 AM »
Can anyone point me in the right direction on who to contact?

Thanks!

Any words of wisdom for measuring our heads to find the best sized Helmet?
It is actually not your head you should measure. You want to measure your shoulders across the back at the base of your neck. Your helmet size is generally half that length. This is not a perfect way, but it is the best that has been figured out so far.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on who to contact?

Thanks!
That depends on what you are contacting them about. If it is for a Buy'ce then that depends on what style you want. If it is for something else, it depends on what you want.

“There’s no point being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes.” – The Fourth Doctor

Aliit ori’shya tal’din -"Family is more than blood"
This is the Way

Matlas669

• New around here
So yes I'm new to the forums and looking at the tutorials for advice and ideas while I plan my armor design. My concern is my glasses for the helmet. I have had bad luck with contacts in the past and can't see without my glasses more than a few feet, and that's all blury. What sizes, or types would be good for use over top glasses, if any?

New here, haven't started to build armor yet, any suggestions feel free to give them

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
You don't size yourhelmet to fit glasses, size it to fit your body, Most helmets are kinda spacious, I have a jango 2 piece size helmet and (in my opinion) a kindabig head, I can still fit my glasses in even when wearing it with fans installed in the back. If you mention to  helmet builder that you have glasses someof them will try and keep as much space in the visor as they can. Another option is to take a pair of glasses, cut offthe legs leavingonly the frames (use very thin ones) and glue them into your helmet at eye level.

I sell awesome armour in the Hawkers Guild
CHECK IT OUT!.

Live Action Deathwatch Build.

Custom Copper Covert Mando.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014
Does anyone have a link for gypsyboy so I can check out his helmets? thanks!

"People make choices. Choices make people."

MrMetalArm

• Chaos Marks Us All
It seems HeadShot Props isn't selling helmets on their Etsy anymore, where can I find a good helmet?

Has one awesome arm :D

Aliit orishya taldiin (Family is more than just blood)

Kayne Summikad WiP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110721.msg1539411#msg1539411
Kayne Idea Bucket: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110722.msg1536374#msg1536374

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
It seems HeadShot Props isn't selling helmets on their Etsy anymore, where can I find a good helmet?

I believe their etsy is just on active hibernation. you might be able to message Hondo (the OP) and buy one directly.

I sell awesome armour in the Hawkers Guild
CHECK IT OUT!.

Live Action Deathwatch Build.

Custom Copper Covert Mando.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014

Vaati

Check his facebook, he is still selling through there. I just bought one from him over the weekend.

Gra'tua Adenn

• "Long memory, short fuse, big revenge."
Was wondering if anyone could help. I'm pulling the trigger on a 1:1 Boba Fett from Saz and need to ensure sizing would be right. My measurements are as follows:

Head Circumference Above Ears = 24 Inches
Head Height from Crown to Chin = 10 Inches
Shoulder Width = 18 Inches
Height = 5 Foot 9 Inches

Pretty much sure I'm right, especially looking at page 16. But, appreciate any help.

« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2016, 06:33 PM by GDENSHAM » Logged
Gra'tua Adenn: Warrior of House Bes'bavar of the Vok'chi Clan.

Gra'tua Cuun!

WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=119159.0

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
Your helmet should be roughly 1/2 your shoulder width - so 9-10 inches for you. A 1:1 may be a hair too big, but not outside the reasonable range. Add a little bulk to your shoulders and you'll be golden.

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

mirsylus

• Love your NME...
Is nme props still selling helmets ??

NME Props is DEFINITELY still making helmets...  ;)

I am looking to start my own character and trying to figure out helmet size. Reading through what I could I believe a 1:1 helmet would fit me. I don't have my measurements but hat size wise I wear a large / extra large. Any suggestions on if I should do a 1:1 style helmet or look for something slightly larger. Height wise I am around 5'10 and about 225 pounds so average size and slightly larger frame.

There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
I am looking to start my own character and trying to figure out helmet size. Reading through what I could I believe a 1:1 helmet would fit me. I don't have my measurements but hat size wise I wear a large / extra large. Any suggestions on if I should do a 1:1 style helmet or look for something slightly larger. Height wise I am around 5'10 and about 225 pounds so average size and slightly larger frame.
A simple hat size like large doesn't give us any information. If it was a size 8 or 8-3/16 that would be more helpful because that's roughly the diameter of a persons noggin.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084
Ok I will try and see if I can get some measurements done soon

There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

Kyram Sorenn

• Wampa Clan, Maine
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Would anyone happen to know the sizing difference between a Tomvader Juggernaut and a 1:1 boba? I'm trying to look into a new helmet, but I'm not sure what might fit me or not.

Six-barreled rotary cannon capable of solving 6,000 problems per minute. I love assault cannons.

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
Would anyone happen to know the sizing difference between a Tomvader Juggernaut and a 1:1 boba? I'm trying to look into a new helmet, but I'm not sure what might fit me or not.
The juggernaut is bigger.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!