Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

binders

• 6 Replies
binders
« on: Apr 30, 2017, 09:17 PM »
ok heres a question, are imperial binders the only  ones  we can use? as my mando is a hidden jedi who only dose bountys and contracts for the rebels i feel that imperial binders would be to.... weird?

for a free mandalor.

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: binders
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 03:29 AM »
No Jedi Mandalorians.  I feel this has been made explicitly, abundantly clear.

Functional weaponry and gadgets have no allegiances, only practical applications.  A Mando isn't going to care much about the provenance of his tools, so long as they get the job done.

Karl Dha'Werda

• MMCC Karl & Rex Dha'Werda &RL/TDE Karl Darklighter
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Donated four quarters of 2023. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 11:42 AM »
Functional weaponry and gadgets have no allegiances, only practical applications.  A Mando isn't going to care much about the provenance of his tools, so long as they get the job done.

Well said.  Ya, you can use Jedi or Imperial binders whatever you need to get the job done.

Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
OM Troops: 84
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit
B.E.A.R.D.S#137|Mando Rider#038|ALUMINATI#036 FMM|MLCS#026|Oribru Akaata#54|MVS#100

grantaire

• Steve Buscemi rhymes with Mom's Spaghetti
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 11:47 AM »
You can always add greeblies and add paint to binders so that they look less imperial. I'm sure that if you make a thread where you adjust your binders, you can always get feedback about whether or not they'll be accepted.

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 10:01 PM »
No Jedi Mandalorians.  I feel this has been made explicitly, abundantly clear.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tarre_Vizsla i would agree with you if this was a legend, but canon and all.

for a free mandalor.

Berit Haran

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 08:51 AM »
Vod, he means in the MMCC. According to the CRLs, "No Jedi-Mandos or Sith-Mandos. “Force-adept” or “Force-sensitive” Mandos are acceptable."

However, as long as you don't have a functional saber hanging from your belt, then your character's backstory can be whatever you want to it be.

Khorkhe Ori'tor

• Gent’alor
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 10:05 AM »
Hello Vod ... If you apply to the Mercs, a Jedi or Sith Mandalorian is not allowed according to the CRLs, but if your suit will not be approved, you can be what you want ...

You can even have a story behind your costume, for example: you are a Jedi who retired and became Mandalorian, as a command you stop using force, but you use your training to hunt the enemies of the Order ...

Here's my Mandalorian Binders:

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=120248.0

Regards,

Grey Brigade - OT Guard 106

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!