Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Amp Users - Where Do You Hide 'Em? And Other Probing Questions.

• 24 Replies

Neomandalore

• I would like butter on that croissant of doom
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ invasions in 2018 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Special Weapons
Re: Amp Users - Where Do You Hide 'Em? And Other Probing Questions.
« Reply #15 on: Jun 20, 2017, 01:00 PM »
I've got an aker 1506 in a surplus ammo pouch on my belt. I use a memorex mka382 wireless unit also in the pouch. The transmitter and mic are all inside my bucket. I wired a toggle switch and fabricated a mount to live on the belt to turn the mic on and off, so no wires going anywhere. I also run an iPod to the aux of the aker to play troop loops

« Reply #16 on: Jun 21, 2017, 12:51 AM »
My amp finally arrived, and I quickly found that only one of my pouches was big enough to fit the thing due to the height of the jack.

You could get a right angle (90 degree) jack for it. This would let you direct the wire better.

oldgamefreak

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ invasions in 2018 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 40+ hrs of Charity Work
« Reply #17 on: Jun 25, 2017, 09:31 PM »
I have the 19mm transducer from Eternal Armory. My helmet is from NME Props, cast resin I think.

Do you have and issue with it? How well does it should from the outside? I just ordered a Stalker from NME and i'm looking at the transducer.

MMcFett

• Wayii!
« Reply #18 on: Jun 26, 2017, 10:02 AM »
Do you have and issue with it? How well does it should from the outside? I just ordered a Stalker from NME and i'm looking at the transducer.
I get a lot of feedback setting it up unless I have the volume all the way down before putting it on.
It sounds great once I get it going, but it's not very loud with the volume all the way up.
Don't know if it's a setup issues, as I'm new to all this stuff, and I haven't had much time to troubleshoot it.
I would definitely recommend getting a switch to add to the circuit. I think that would eliminate my feedback issue and make troubleshooting easier.

...take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Ephesians 6:13WIPs: Helmet-Armor-Gauntlets-Weapons-Jetpack

Thel Ihveen

• Stirring the concept pot.
« Reply #19 on: Jun 27, 2017, 12:05 AM »
You could get a right angle (90 degree) jack for it. This would let you direct the wire better.

Thanks for the tip! I hadn't thought of that... I have an old mp3 case laying around with a right angle jack, so I plugged that into the aker to test the size and... no luck, unfortunately.  :( The pouches I have are just that small. I'll give it a test run on my cod belt under my sash and see if it stays hidden there. If not, I'll be sewing my own pouch!

I've got an aker 1506 in a surplus ammo pouch on my belt. I use a memorex mka382 wireless unit also in the pouch. The transmitter and mic are all inside my bucket. I wired a toggle switch and fabricated a mount to live on the belt to turn the mic on and off, so no wires going anywhere. I also run an iPod to the aux of the aker to play troop loops

Sounds like a great setup! :) The switch is really smart. When I have the funds I'm gonna see if I can get something like that - wireless would be perfect. The sound quality on the aker is pretty good and I like being able to jack my phone into it if need be. Also - what kind of troop loops do you play? I'm curious.

Neomandalore

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ invasions in 2018 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Special Weapons
« Reply #20 on: Jun 27, 2017, 10:49 AM »
Sounds like a great setup! :) The switch is really smart. When I have the funds I'm gonna see if I can get something like that - wireless would be perfect. The sound quality on the aker is pretty good and I like being able to jack my phone into it if need be. Also - what kind of troop loops do you play? I'm curious.

Check Amazon and eBay. Those memorex wireless units are pretty cheap. I think I paid maybe $20 for one. The pouch is a saw ammo pouch. Big enough for my aker, transmitter, and extra batteries with room to spare.
The troop loops I use are ones from the mando comms project, and Death Star loops from the 501st. I load them on an old iPod and keep the playlist on repeat

Darth_Vemon

• Crush your enemies, see them driven before you...
« Reply #21 on: Jun 27, 2017, 06:18 PM »
Any chance you have a link to those Death Star/ 501st files?  I use an old cell phone to loop the mando files through a Bluetooth speaker in my comms pack.  More files are always good.

K'dumi haran doslanir bat vheh ures aranov.

Benjin "Farlander" Kov'nyn

Check out my fanfic:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=130493.0

Cabur Akaata #49 M5SP #22 B.O.O.M. #21 Aluminati #46

Neomandalore

« Reply #22 on: Jun 27, 2017, 10:01 PM »
Darth, if you have any buddies in the 501st they can get them off their forums. At the time I did not so I think I ripped them from YouTube, and remastered them

Guy'ikaab

• I am Ghengis Kahn bathed in sherbert ice cream!
« Reply #23 on: Jul 02, 2017, 02:05 AM »
Since I'm looking at Comms brigade myself I was looking for comms chatter files. About a year ago someone from the 501st released the loop onto youtube, and provided the file link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I_N94dX97U&t=146s
Dl link for the file (419MB :O) is in the description.

I can also provide a dropbox link for interested parties.

Some say he can jump-start a firespray by headbutting its control panel, and that his favorite pastime is throwing Ewoks into a lake of fire. He's not the Stig, he's the Stig's mandalorian cousin.

Mir'Sheb #022
M.A.J.I.C. #148
Grey Brigade OT guard #050
MA#141
support#010

"lenedat de'da, jii kyr'adyc"

Darth_Vemon

• Crush your enemies, see them driven before you...
« Reply #24 on: Jul 02, 2017, 02:15 AM »
Thanks for that link.  I'll add them to my chatter files ASAP.

K'dumi haran doslanir bat vheh ures aranov.

Benjin "Farlander" Kov'nyn

Check out my fanfic:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=130493.0

Cabur Akaata #49 M5SP #22 B.O.O.M. #21 Aluminati #46

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!