Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Marek's Bucket WIP

• 15 Replies
Marek's Bucket WIP
« on: May 17, 2017, 04:51 AM »
Greetings Vode,

So i begin my build with the most difficult part of the Mandalorian Costume (for me).. The bucket.. for this build i decided to use thick paper stocks (here in Philippines we call it Illustration Boards) and use Cyanoacrylate Adhesive (shoe glue) to glue the pieces together. I downladed the pattern from the internet and traced them on the illustration board.

« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2017, 04:53 AM by JiriadAlor Marek » Logged

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. 150 troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity
Re: Marek's Bucket WIP
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 10:43 AM »
Damn, that looks amazing!

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 09:25 PM »
Damn, that looks amazing!

Thanks vod Jorad, it really needs quite a lot patient on this part of the armor. Oh, by the way.. i did not post on Armor Concept section about this build. Is this allowed? Sorry, newbie here.

Now to apply body filler.

« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2017, 04:11 AM by JiriadAlor Marek » Logged

Anansi

• Ratiin Am Jate'Kara
  • Awards Donated one quarter of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 04:03 PM »
If THAT was the most difficult part of your armor build, then I can't wait to see the rest because that buy'ce is kandosii.

May Hod Ha'ran guide my tongue, may Kad Ha'rangir guide my gun, and may Arasuum guide you to your final slumber.

MMCC #2010 - Nevik Marev
Cabur Akaata Member 139 | O.S.B.A. 007
Gunslinger - Special Weapons Brigade
Anansi's Longstrike Carbine
Another Anansi Nerf Mod
Anansi's Armor WIP
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 08:57 PM »
If THAT was the most difficult part of your armor build, then I can't wait to see the rest because that buy'ce is kandosii.

Thanks vod Anansi.. for a moment there i had to check my mando'an dictionary. Not yet familiarize with the Mando'a language. Nevertheless so pumped up now. Thanks vod  :D

After some massive sanding, i've finally shaped my bucket and attached an internal support so my bucket wouldn't turn loosely on my head.

Will apply Acrylic Emulsion before i do some acrylic spray painting.. Emulsion helps the paint to adhere to any smooth surface. Preventing uneven or sliding of paint from one section to the other. Also it helps prevent paint from cracking.

Test fit before spraying with acrylic paint.

After spraying white acrylic paint, wait till it's dry.  ;D

Adding colors and accent..

« Last Edit: Jul 29, 2017, 01:25 AM by JiriadAlor Marek » Logged

Jorad Werde

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. 150 troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 09:11 AM »
wow, you're moving quick.  Kalsdosii means something aken to awesome, cool, outstanding.  You don't have to post in the concepts section of the forum before posting here, some people just like to break everything down that way, others don't.  One thing that the moderators are usually sticklers about, try not to double post.  Meaning don't post a few pics and comments on your thread, then come back and post again without letting other people respond, it helps keep things compressed, and allows people to possibly stop you before you do something that may cause you set backs/not to get approved (Not that you've done anything like that). 

You seem very excited, and I can completely understand that.  But my suggestion would be do to one post a day, perhaps at the end of your work session, with all the pics, and progress you've made.    If after a day or so no one has commented, then you can post again, just give people time to see what you've done before flooding your build thread with more info.

Again, really good job so far, i really like the bucket and I'm impressed that you're working so quickly and so cleanly, a true testament to your skills.

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 11:08 AM »
wow, you're moving quick.  Kalsdosii means something aken to awesome, cool, outstanding.  You don't have to post in the concepts section of the forum before posting here, some people just like to break everything down that way, others don't.  One thing that the moderators are usually sticklers about, try not to double post.  Meaning don't post a few pics and comments on your thread, then come back and post again without letting other people respond, it helps keep things compressed, and allows people to possibly stop you before you do something that may cause you set backs/not to get approved (Not that you've done anything like that). 

You seem very excited, and I can completely understand that.  But my suggestion would be do to one post a day, perhaps at the end of your work session, with all the pics, and progress you've made.    If after a day or so no one has commented, then you can post again, just give people time to see what you've done before flooding your build thread with more info.

Again, really good job so far, i really like the bucket and I'm impressed that you're working so quickly and so cleanly, a true testament to your skills.

Oh.. so that's what double-posting means. thank you so much vod Jorad Werde for explaining. really new to MMCC, I did some builds before but reading  the requirements i ended up trashing the previous ones because of non-compliance.. i'll keep your advise in mind on my next post.. from here i'll take it slow :) thanks again.

Druj Jes

• Heavy Weapons,Heavy Assault,Hazardous Environment
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Shock Infantry Brigade Member EnviroOps
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 02:23 PM »
Great work.  I may have to try a Pep build for my next bucket.  This looks awesome,  and your speed is incredible.

Druj Jes - M.M.C.C. #2302 - B.O.M.B. #105 - M.V.S. #105

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 08:54 PM »
Great work.  I may have to try a Pep build for my next bucket.  This looks awesome,  and your speed is incredible.

Thanks vod Druj Jes.. i guess the Pep is the fastest way you could build the bucket to have it's form. Scratch-building takes time though. So i combined both.  :D

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 09:04 PM »
Great day Vode,

If you would notice, everything come out fast in my bucket build.. and it's not like i built everything in a day or two. The Pep took me around 2 days. The bodyfill took me around 5 days.. Massive sanding take so much of the time. And another 2 days for the painting. I got quite lucky lately coz i got my 5-days straight work leave. Giving me enough time to paint, set-up my account and upload my WIPs. Just in case, i get something wrong on my build i would be happy to revise right away. MMCC is a very awesome group, and i would do my best to be part of it. Thanks for the inspiring comments, and constructive opinions i will be expecting.  ;D   

Torolf Goran

• Take what you can, give nothing back.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2017, 11:24 PM »
That's really nice for a pep build and the design is really cool.

Bes'uliik Clan - Arkansas   OM #1545  
Brigade Member - Striker Division, Privateer / Heavy Melee
501st Diamond Garrison - TA 15450
M.M.R.S. - 001 (founder), W.B. - 003, QMU - 055, L.O.B. - 015, O.S.B.A. - 004, B.o.B.B. - 015, N.O.S. - 018

If you're new to the club and in Arkansas go here.
Official Invasions: 18
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2017, 12:12 AM »
That's really nice for a pep build and the design is really cool.

Thanks vod Torolf. :)

I also want my bucket to be field ready so i used a face shield used for grinding. Its quite durable, though a little difficult to cut. And then added black sticker tint used for cars.

Since some events are kinda humid, with factors like poor airconditioning, or just too many expectators, heat venting is quite an issue for the buckets. Solution : installed a computer exhaust fan..

« Last Edit: Jul 29, 2017, 01:20 AM by JiriadAlor Marek » Logged

Jorad Werde

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2017, 11:56 PM »
Great day Vode,

If you would notice, everything come out fast in my bucket build.. and it's not like i built everything in a day or two. The Pep took me around 2 days. The bodyfill took me around 5 days.. Massive sanding take so much of the time. And another 2 days for the painting. I got quite lucky lately coz i got my 5-days straight work leave. Giving me enough time to paint, set-up my account and upload my WIPs. Just in case, i get something wrong on my build i would be happy to revise right away. MMCC is a very awesome group, and i would do my best to be part of it. Thanks for the inspiring comments, and constructive opinions i will be expecting.  ;D   

That would explain why it seems you're moving so fast.  But 2 day so of pep and 5 days for all the sanding is still pretty fast.  The buckets looking great, the fan is a nice touch and fits well with the aesthetic of the rest of the bucket

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2017, 09:13 AM »
Some more photos of my bucket before i installed the fan. Managed to pulled of some distressing, the jaig eyes other small details...

Adding more details on my bucket.. manual painting this time using my hobby paints. I used thinner sintras to cut patterns for the cheek plates. :)

« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2017, 10:56 PM by JiriadAlor Marek » Logged
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2017, 10:03 AM »
Your paper work had me worried... there was so much detail and sharp edges that I was afraid it would become a soft and rounded blob once you used filler/bondo.... i was wrong. Looks great!

Did you get rid of the external fan? It wouldn't work on most, seemed to flow with the add-ons you have. That was unique... can't say I've seen a fan worked into the visual design, they are usually hidden inside and MIGHT have a screened/louvered vent visible on the outside. I'm sure yours worked much better. Was that setup very loud though? I imagine you'd have to run a lower voltage to avoid noise.

Same thing with the visible range finder swivel. Unusual, but worked well!

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2017, 01:22 AM »
Your paper work had me worried... there was so much detail and sharp edges that I was afraid it would become a soft and rounded blob once you used filler/bondo.... i was wrong. Looks great!

Did you get rid of the external fan? It wouldn't work on most, seemed to flow with the add-ons you have. That was unique... can't say I've seen a fan worked into the visual design, they are usually hidden inside and MIGHT have a screened/louvered vent visible on the outside. I'm sure yours worked much better. Was that setup very loud though? I imagine you'd have to run a lower voltage to avoid noise.

Same thing with the visible range finder swivel. Unusual, but worked well!

The fan works well.. not really noisy. But i don't use it long time.. i only turn it on when heat is already building up. Here in the Philippines, it's quite humid in some events. So fans are very helpful. Thanks for the opinion Vod, highly appreciated. Most of the aesthetics are scratch-built, so somehow i try to see if i'm going the right way. :)

Adding some more pieces for my centurion inspired bucket.. and some paint job for distressing. I guess this is my final works on my bucket.

UPDATE - - - -

After a quick field test, my bucket took some minor damage on the stalk of the rangefinder. So i had to replace and strengthen the construction. In addition, I've also moved my exhaust fan switch closer to the cheek part. My armor restricts me from reaching the switch originally located at the back of my bucket.

« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2017, 01:05 AM by JiriadAlor Marek » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!