Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

New Armor Idea - Heavy Commando

• 2 Replies

Viridian_Samurai

• Carpe Noctem
New Armor Idea - Heavy Commando
« on: May 27, 2017, 03:52 AM »
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to start on my armor any day now and had a few questions before I do. I want to design a Heavy Commando style armor set. Hopefully this is allowed.

1: Is there any reason EVA foam is not allowed as a base for the armor plates? To give them more bulk.
2: Is foot armor required? Or can I wear my heavy boots?
3: Is Crusade style armor still allowed in the group? Or is it now all modern style? (Not a huge fan of the diamond in the chest)

I'm going to upload a few pics of a basic idea for what i'm looking for. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
First image is more for design aspects. Pardon the rough sketch.

Live Free, Die Well

Briks

• War Wolf
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: New Armor Idea - Heavy Commando
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 07:50 AM »
1: Is there any reason EVA foam is not allowed as a base for the armor plates? To give them more bulk.

Simply put, almost anything EVA can do Sintra/metal can do better (including layering) and sintra/metal are more permanent which is why no EVA is allowed unless your using it as padding inside your helmet or inside your knee plates or something similar (like a cushion)

2: Is foot armor required? Or can I wear my heavy boots?

no unless you're trying to make your character with "medium" or "heavy" coverage.

3: Is Crusade style armor still allowed in the group? Or is it now all modern style? (Not a huge fan of the diamond in the chest)

Late crusaders are totally doable! and like you said, have no diamond. If you do a late crusader you may want to do some research on the armor style though as some of your sketches look more modern.

MMCC Member: # 1195

When I'm finished...You're gonna be glad no one was here to watch you DIE.

My Original Armor  http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=85524.0

Viridian_Samurai

• Carpe Noctem
Re: New Armor Idea - Heavy Commando
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 03:28 PM »
Thank you Briks for all the info. I spent all night looking at various armor patterns and found one far closer to what I had originally thought.

I'm hoping for something very close to this.
1: Removing the hoses and fan from chest
2: Re-design the backpack to not include the cannon out the top.

Otherwise this is almost perfect, save for a slight color mod. Please let me know if this is closer to the "Late Crusade" / "Old Republic" feel I was asking about before.

Live Free, Die Well

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!