Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Would this boots get approved

• 5 Replies
Would this boots get approved
« on: May 27, 2017, 07:59 PM »
They are western boots

« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 08:20 PM by Shabla Gervard » Logged

grantaire

• Steve Buscemi rhymes with Mom's Spaghetti
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Would this boots get approved
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 11:58 PM »
They are western boots

You mean like these? If so, probably not. The embroidery looks too earthy so you'll have to cover them with either spats or armor (shins, boots).

Ritpak Ordo

• Cause normal is boring.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2018, 08:14 PM »
I know this is late, but would the western, "plain" work. No embroidery on it. Just boot an leather?

MMCC# 2202
V.O.T.S #82
M.V.S #87

Thel Ihveen

• Stirring the concept pot.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2018, 08:12 PM »
I know this is late, but would the western, "plain" work. No embroidery on it. Just boot an leather?

The app team has the final say, but I think plain ones would work, and would love to see ankle boots like these on a kit:

As long as they have some spats or armor over the ankle area, they might be totally fine. They're almost Cad Bane levels of subtley Western, but without specifically Earthy detail, just the correct "shape". I'm almost considering getting some like these for my kit, now...  :laugh:

I'm not sure that the higher "cowboy" boots would work, even without the bells and whistles, as the curved upper cuff is just too recognizable as "cowboy shoes." A taller boot would have to be something with a more military look, a Han-Solo-style riding boot (that is what cowboy boots are, after all...) or a harness/biker boot. Something like this comes to mind, but with more armor:

Anyone who actually has say in what gets approved, please chime in! I'm super curious if they would work, as well.

Ritpak Ordo

• Cause normal is boring.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2018, 01:36 AM »
 Thel that second picture, if love to get those an use as my boots. Even with a hint of that western heel would be fun to.

MMCC# 2202
V.O.T.S #82
M.V.S #87

Kurshi BeJahaal

• I don't roll on Shabbos. ב"ה
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Feb 21, 2018, 05:49 PM »

These are the boots that I wear with my kit. I’ve been told by many people that it has a western vibe. But these are actually Australian uggs.  :laugh:

MMCC #1484¦¦64 Career Invasions¦¦Rancor Clan
Helmet Scratch Build||Beskar||Privateer||Protector

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!