Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kai Ree'tat Protector WIP

• 29 Replies

Kai Ree'tat

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member
Kai Ree'tat Protector WIP
« on: May 29, 2017, 11:34 PM »
Finished making my fixes and re-submitted for OM approval, fingers crossed. I am now approved.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 09:28 AM by Kai Ree'tat » Logged

Ca'tal

• Clan Scyk
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Most invasions trooped in 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Kai Ree'tat Protector
« Reply #1 on: Jun 02, 2017, 01:57 PM »
First off, you're slouching way forward in all the pictures and it's making your plates misaligned. Lift your head and put your shoulders back and it should pull everything up where it's supposed to be.

The boot wraps are a no go. They should be proper spats. 

The knife on your right legs needs to go too.

Yes, I realize boot wraps and the knife are in the CRL page currently...but they are wrong, as is allowing kamas and a couple other things which I have brought up now repeatedly. They are based on the Mythos statue....which is NOT a Protector, rather a variant Boba. As I was one of the orginal team that wrote the CRL's and have 4 years of research while writing them and beyond....

Anyway, it's a good looking kit otherwise.

« Last Edit: Jun 02, 2017, 02:09 PM by Ca'tal » Logged
“Morale is born of loyalty, patriotism, discipline, and efficiency, all of which breed confidence in self and in comrades…Morale is at one and the same time the strongest, and the most delicate of growths. It withstands shocks, even disasters of the battlefield, but can be destroyed utterly by favoritism, neglect, or injustice.”
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

My opinions are stated as my own. If you disagree with them feel free to disregard them. They are after all...opinions.

Kai Ree'tat

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: Jun 02, 2017, 03:37 PM »
Thank you for the feedback Ca'tal. As what is on my kit is currently on the PRL for Protectors it will stay until told otherwise by the Brigade Marshal in charge of the Division as I added those components under his guidance. It may look like I am slouching or shrugging forward but I am not, yes I was holding myself in a rigid stance so that gaps around my shoulder area of the back plate would not show. I happen to have back and knee issues from injuries received in Iraq, and the back issues effect the way my back plate sits on my body in a relaxed state and I was trying to compensate for app pics. 

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #3 on: Jun 02, 2017, 04:14 PM »
Good looking kit, Kai.

I would personally wait to see what Dha says about those couple things. 

Very much looking forward to having another Brigade approved MP around!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #4 on: Jun 02, 2017, 06:02 PM »
looking great bud, don't forget your bucket off and your sidearm pics. ;)

Ca'tal

• Clan Scyk
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Most invasions trooped in 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Jun 02, 2017, 07:54 PM »
Thank you for the feedback Ca'tal. As what is on my kit is currently on the PRL for Protectors it will stay until told otherwise by the Brigade Marshal in charge of the Division as I added those components under his guidance. It may look like I am slouching or shrugging forward but I am not, yes I was holding myself in a rigid stance so that gaps around my shoulder area of the back plate would not show. I happen to have back and knee issues from injuries received in Iraq, and the back issues effect the way my back plate sits on my body in a relaxed state and I was trying to compensate for app pics. 

Ah. That makes sense. Having broken my back in a car accident I know them feels man.

And since I didn't say so in my original post, I really like two particular touches. The protector symbol on the belt buckle is a really nice subtle addition, and the fact that you went with a tertiary color for the gauntlets, they really turned out well. Best of luck on your approval!

“Morale is born of loyalty, patriotism, discipline, and efficiency, all of which breed confidence in self and in comrades…Morale is at one and the same time the strongest, and the most delicate of growths. It withstands shocks, even disasters of the battlefield, but can be destroyed utterly by favoritism, neglect, or injustice.”
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

My opinions are stated as my own. If you disagree with them feel free to disregard them. They are after all...opinions.

Dha Bral

• Both Predator and Prey
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Legends of Mandalore Brigade Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 2016 EnviroOps
« Reply #6 on: Jun 08, 2017, 07:57 PM »

The boot wraps are a no go. They should be proper spats. 

The knife on your right legs needs to go too.

Yes, I realize boot wraps and the knife are in the CRL page currently...but they are wrong, as is allowing kamas and a couple other things which I have brought up now repeatedly. They are based on the Mythos statue....which is NOT a Protector, rather a variant Boba.

Ca'tal is not wrong about the original mandalorian protectors (marvel comics) not having these things. The BRLs were revised and rewritten to from the Mandalorian Protectors during the war with the Vong.  They were revised at the time of the canon + legends split to make the profession more appealing. At that time, it had  zero members.
There are additions and amendments to the BRL currently underway, and no approved Protectors will be effected by the additions to the BRL. There are likely to be 2 versions of Mandalorian Protector BRLs. The original marvel comics protector, and the Vong era/ mythos protector.

« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2017, 08:32 PM by Dha Bral » Logged
It's spelled "Canon", not "Cannon".

(SHHH!!! I found the secret to getting OM approved!)

Kai Ree'tat

Re: Kai Ree'tat Protector (Approved 6/21/17)
« Reply #7 on: Jul 09, 2017, 01:07 AM »
Been working on a new blaster for my kit. Scratch building an ESB styled EE-3.

« Reply #8 on: Jul 09, 2017, 01:16 AM »
Nice work

Kai Ree'tat

« Reply #9 on: Jul 24, 2017, 02:45 PM »
So I finished up my scratch build EE-3. She may not be perfect but shes mine and to me she looks awesome. The greebs are all made from Sintra.

Mi'ix

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #10 on: Jul 24, 2017, 03:33 PM »
Beautiful work.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tek Sa'an

• OM #1005 - QMU #007 - Vinyl'alor
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events Order of the Ori'Ramikad 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #11 on: Jul 24, 2017, 05:45 PM »
Agreed. I still can't believe you made that. Amazing.

ORI’RAMIKAD 2020 | OM #1005 | QMU #007 | VINYL'ALOR | IG-85736
« Reply #12 on: Jul 24, 2017, 08:12 PM »
That looks cool, good work vod

Kai Ree'tat

« Reply #13 on: Aug 15, 2017, 10:29 AM »
I have been doing a revamp to my kit to improve the quality and overall look of things. Much happier with how it looks so far, I am also working on a scratch build Z-6 JP to replace my area pack.

« Reply #14 on: Aug 18, 2017, 09:12 PM »
Looking awesome vod, love your weathering on softparts...looks natural
May not have said before but congratulations on approval

Kai Ree'tat

« Reply #15 on: Oct 31, 2017, 09:55 PM »
I took the opportunity to kit up and hand out candy tonight, was a huge hit even had a few parents get photos.

Dha Bral

• Both Predator and Prey
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Legends of Mandalore Brigade Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 2016 EnviroOps
« Reply #16 on: Oct 31, 2017, 10:42 PM »
OYA!

It's spelled "Canon", not "Cannon".

(SHHH!!! I found the secret to getting OM approved!)
« Reply #17 on: Nov 01, 2017, 03:09 AM »
Kit looks great, love the weathering on your pants

Lynn TXP 0369

• He's no good to me dead.
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade
« Reply #18 on: Nov 01, 2017, 06:19 AM »
Looks really good, I used to dress up and pass out candy before we got our house. Now we live way back in and get no kids coming to the door.
Lynn

Phil. 4:13
Ex Phoenix Squadron member TXP 0369.
Helmet done.
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=100331.15

Kai Ree'tat

Re: Kai Ree'tat Protector Journey
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2018, 09:54 PM »
Upgrade time, finally getting around to more detailing on my kit. I have made my gauntlets match better with the ROTJ style and have added more details to my buy'ce as well. Still waiting on gauntlet darts to come in as well as proper knee darts so that I can lose the PVC connections.

Kai Ree'tat

Re: Kai Ree'tat Protector WIP
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2018, 11:32 PM »
Decided to give the old man the boot this past weekend, Mandalorians rule the galaxy now.

Mi'ix

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2018, 03:46 PM »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Kai Ree'tat

« Reply #22 on: Nov 12, 2018, 10:59 PM »
New and improved boots.

Mi'ix

« Reply #23 on: Nov 13, 2018, 07:11 AM »
 :o

Very nicely done!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Breyo Fey

• "An par aliit. Ner tal. Ner oyay."
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #24 on: Nov 14, 2018, 04:55 PM »
I really like the weathering on those boots!
Those earth tones are spot on...

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!