Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Scrubs

• 3 Replies
Scrubs
« on: Jul 30, 2017, 12:49 PM »
So I am thinking of using scrubs for my flight suit, my question is. For those who decided to go this route did you find it hard to alter it to what you needed did you wear a shirt underneath or what was your method to cover the arms?

Sa Kyr'am Nau tracyn kad

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Scrubs
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30, 2017, 01:33 PM »
For the lower sleeve on my kit, I cut the sleeves off an underarmor compression shirt and a friend sewed them in. They can be a contrastic color.  You probably don't want to wear a full shirt underneath, because the kit is already really hot, adding layers makes that worse.

Hik'aari

• Nick'aari
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
« Reply #2 on: Jul 30, 2017, 01:35 PM »
If you're considering scrubs what some people do is buy a second pair of trousers in a smaller size, cut them off and sew them in as full length arms. You then get the Mandalorian double sleeve look, and the materials/colours all match

Hik'aari WIP  |  Cat #1319  |  Akii'su WIP
Need Help? Rules and Guides

grantaire

• Steve Buscemi rhymes with Mom's Spaghetti
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Jul 30, 2017, 08:03 PM »
I personally just used a long sleeve shirt and used it as a pattern to make a pair of long sleeves. Then I sewed it on the same place where the short sleeve and the shirt of the scrubs are connected on the inside of the shirt. It wasn't particularly hard and I don't have a lot of sewing experience.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!