Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Sizors' WIP

• 30 Replies

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Sizors' WIP
« Reply #15 on: Jul 08, 2018, 08:44 PM »
Yes, plenty of people use a hex pattern on their armor.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006
« Reply #16 on: Jul 09, 2018, 09:25 PM »
worked on this the other day.

i added a little hook at the top of the handle so that i can attached it to my belt.

Dha'werd

• Dha'werd Oya'karir
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #17 on: Jul 11, 2018, 12:48 PM »
 :like: Excellent progress vod,
I like the 2.0 plates, maybe the cod plate is very big. I can see a screw in the blaster

regards

SNIPER W.I.P. C.C.P.H.H.M.M. #14 | M.A.R.S #77

Straka Zulu

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #18 on: Jul 11, 2018, 02:28 PM »
I have a pair of those blasters, that screw is part of the design.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006
« Reply #19 on: Jul 12, 2018, 03:18 PM »
I plan on redoing the collar piece. its a little small and doesnt cover enough area. also some of the angles i bent it in didnt look as cool as i thought it would at the time.

i might redo the cod piece. it actually looks a lot better now that i bought some pants that fit alot better. however, it was the first piece i actually panted. i wasnt sure if i was going to like the design or not. so i never shaped the cod piece like i did the others. so im going to try and shape it but i have a feeling it will destroy the paint job. it might just be easier to redo.

for the blaster, that side has the fake screw, its part of the design. i need to fill in holes on the other side. i was just playing around with colors to see what i liked.

« Reply #20 on: Jul 22, 2018, 05:17 PM »
i have been very busy visiting with family and friends the past couple weekends. i havent really been able to do any work until this point.

I made a trip to joanns fabrics and bought material to make the square utility pouches that go on the pants. Now I just need to see if my friend has time to make them for me.

I had purchased the rubies ee3 blaster for my wife awhile back. I filled in the holes and did a base of black but then it started to rain so i didnt get any further. I finally filled the holes in on my pistol but the rain stopped my painting for the day.

I did buy my wife a new helmet and look forward to working with her on her new design. We got her this one: https://www.etsy.com/listing/567625130/bo-katan-inspired-mandalorian-helmet-old

« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2018, 05:41 PM by Sizors » Logged
« Reply #21 on: Jul 26, 2018, 09:46 PM »
I filled in my pistol's screw holes and painted them over the other day.

I also worked on my wife's ee3 blaster.

Once she figures out her final paint colors I'll go back over it and use it as a highlight.

« Reply #22 on: Sep 30, 2018, 04:40 PM »
Ive been incredibly busy with school starting for my kids and college football is back. I havent gotten to work on my gear like I wanted, but I made a little progress this weekend. My wife decided that she didnt like the brown on the stock, so i decided to make it mine and add some purple. I also added a hook to the blaster so that it can easily attach to my belt to go hands free from time to time.

I bought another rubies ee3 for her and did a black base coat. She's still trying to figure out her color scheme.

I also had a friend work on my sewing utility pouches onto my pants. She said she just completed them. Hopefully I can pick those up soon and post a picture of them as well.

« Reply #23 on: Oct 03, 2018, 04:12 PM »
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CH0PITI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I just bought these pair of boots and should be here by friday.

Sep Ho'ban

• Hammersaw
  • Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #24 on: Oct 03, 2018, 04:40 PM »
Just remove the stanley tags, and good to go :)

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #25 on: Oct 04, 2018, 05:22 AM »
you will also need to hide the logo on the heel.

Sep Ho'ban

• Hammersaw
  • Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #26 on: Oct 04, 2018, 09:23 AM »
you will also need to hide the logo on the heel.

Good eye :)

« Reply #27 on: Oct 06, 2018, 11:39 PM »
I plan on coloring over the stanley tags so they are just black and then tucking them back in while wearing them. They really help getting the boots on and off.

What should I do for the logo on the heal? Its indented into the leather.

Straka Zulu

« Reply #28 on: Oct 07, 2018, 12:07 AM »
You can add an armor plate to cover it.  Or, Boba spats.

« Reply #29 on: Oct 26, 2018, 09:34 AM »
https://www.etsy.com/listing/596018021/sabine-wren-gauntlets-from-star-wars?ref=listing-shop-header-2

I purchased the 3d models for the sabine wren gauntlets from april storm earlier this week. someone from my clan, batuu, is going to print them up for me.

she mentioned 2mm bike spokes to help keep them closed. would these work?
https://www.amazon.com/20pcs-Black-Spokes-Mountain-nipples/dp/B0135NJKTU/

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!