Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

MP-40 Build

• 8 Replies

Kalrir

• OM#1671
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
MP-40 Build
« on: Jun 05, 2017, 01:32 PM »
Finished!

_________________________________________________ ______________

As much as I love my long rifle, sometimes you just want to troop with something light. In that vein, I've acquired a Double Eagle MP-40 to hack apart. (I've long thought it deserved a spot as a rifle alongside the sterling/e-11). I have already gutted it, leaving just the trigger, bolt, and mag catch springs for exterior functionality while rendering it harmless. I've a thought to add some weights before I seal it up for good to make it feel a bit less toy-ish.

I've done some preliminary greeblies exploration pictured below, and plan to scope out some new options in town today. I'm inclined to saw down the magazine to about the length I have displayed to lean on the E-11's mag design. The scope's what I had on hand, but its wonky size is growing on me. It's attached to some picatinny rails, but knowing how they're not super swarzy I sawed off what of the rail actually showed. I also want to figure out a way to hang it off my belt rather than sling it. I'd love to hear any suggestions y'all might have!

I also had the thought to convert a component into a blaster flash hider. Flip it around and drill some holes through it, then saw off the excess barrel.

« Last Edit: Jun 16, 2017, 07:19 PM by Kalrir » Logged

Darth_Vemon

• Crush your enemies, see them driven before you...
Re: MP-40 Build
« Reply #1 on: Jun 05, 2017, 08:57 PM »
For hanging it from your belt, the old door chain slider mod works pretty well.  Or get some leather and make a custom holster.

K'dumi haran doslanir bat vheh ures aranov.

Benjin "Farlander" Kov'nyn

Check out my fanfic:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=130493.0

Cabur Akaata #49 M5SP #22 B.O.O.M. #21 Aluminati #46

Kalrir

• OM#1671
« Reply #2 on: Jun 05, 2017, 09:59 PM »
I hadn't known about that method but that sounds like just the sort of thing I'm looking for!

Kalrir

• OM#1671
« Reply #3 on: Jun 14, 2017, 09:33 PM »
Progress! The door chain holster works like a charm! Set to paint the rest tomorrow and field test it this weekend.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Jun 15, 2017, 03:31 PM »
Nice work!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Kalrir

• OM#1671
« Reply #5 on: Jun 16, 2017, 07:21 PM »
Finished just in time for the convention!
I hope to eventually add electronics in which necessitated some of the screw holes remain functional. Thankfully, most of the ones I left either had a matching detail on the other side, or aren't too out of place (e.g. on the grip).

Baconboyrlz

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #6 on: Jun 16, 2017, 10:05 PM »
That looks amazing vod! To me, that's as in universe as a custom blaster can get!

Tra'cor Clan
OM #1962
M.L.C.S. #45
B.O.M.B. #90

Darth_Vemon

• Crush your enemies, see them driven before you...
« Reply #7 on: Jun 16, 2017, 11:25 PM »
Looks like an SE-14 on steroids.  Love it.

K'dumi haran doslanir bat vheh ures aranov.

Benjin "Farlander" Kov'nyn

Check out my fanfic:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=130493.0

Cabur Akaata #49 M5SP #22 B.O.O.M. #21 Aluminati #46

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #8 on: Jun 19, 2017, 10:34 PM »
Yeah, vod!  That'll work just fine! :D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!