Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Tilt Help ....

• 5 Replies

Hanjo Solba

• Member of the Mav oya'la Clan - OM# 1724
  • Awards 40% increase or more
Tilt Help ....
« on: Aug 11, 2017, 11:36 AM »
I have been working on a jetpack for some time. (My WIP thread is in my signature if anyone wants to see the earlier progress  :D)

Now i am running into tilt issues....

It is also pulling my vest down as well.  I have a few close ups below. 

I am thinking of adding strips of padding to push the bottom out a little.  This padding will be permanently attached to the jetpack and use magnets to the back plate.  The cape will hide the padding on one side but it will be visible on the other side.  I am not sure if this will cause issues with my OM Status....

I am desperate for help since i want to wear this in two days.... i will be hunting the forum for ideas but figured this post might help as well.

OM# 1724   Member of the Mav oya'la Clan      M.A.B.E.L. - #069
      Armor WIP  -    Recon Brigade WIP  -  Wife's WIP

grantaire

• Steve Buscemi rhymes with Mom's Spaghetti
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Tilt Help ....
« Reply #1 on: Aug 11, 2017, 12:41 PM »
I would say go with the bottom padding as a temporary solution (if your deadline is in 2 days) and then talk to it in more detail with your Ruus'alor for a more permanent solution. Technically, the tilting on the jetpack isn't a CRL issue but a quality clause issue - which is a gray area that your Ruus'alor has the say on.

I'm not too familiar with the hook/latch method for the jetpack, but is there a way to just get shorter hooks/latches that don't make the front gap so wide?

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #2 on: Aug 11, 2017, 12:55 PM »
As Hanjo's Ruus'alor... I would also suggest shorter hooks.  We're going to be at the same troop this Sunday so I'll take a look then and see if I can find or even make something among my stock of assorted bits that could work.

Hanjo Solba

• Member of the Mav oya'la Clan - OM# 1724
  • Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #3 on: Aug 11, 2017, 01:10 PM »
As Hanjo's Ruus'alor... I would also suggest shorter hooks.  We're going to be at the same troop this Sunday so I'll take a look then and see if I can find or even make something among my stock of assorted bits that could work.

That would be awesome!  I will try to put something temporary together that will work.  What material do you use for the hooks?  Maybe its something i can go out and buy today? 

**Edit**
I was thinking maybe i can bend the existing hooks to make them lay closer to me.  They are just cut from aluminum stock.  I am going to give that a try later today. 

« Last Edit: Aug 11, 2017, 02:49 PM by Hanjo Solba » Logged
    OM# 1724   Member of the Mav oya'la Clan      M.A.B.E.L. - #069
      Armor WIP  -    Recon Brigade WIP  -  Wife's WIP

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #4 on: Aug 12, 2017, 10:11 AM »
I was probably going to bend them out of an old wire hanger.  Just have to get the bolt spacing so the loops fit the bolts you already have in place.  I did the closure on my Jedi belt that way.

Boxception

• Cel'exa Klina'shel OM #1861
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #5 on: Aug 12, 2017, 01:17 PM »
My hooks on my jetpack are much more flush. I'll try to upload a picture of what I have. Gimme a few.

Edit update: 

https://imgur.com/a/sEQCY

Here is my hooks I kept the flush because I followed your post about the tilt. Still working on mounting mine after I paint and weather it.  Love your kit vod

« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2017, 01:46 PM by Boxception » Logged
PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW       Cel'exa Klina'shel OM #1861
MY WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=135464.msg1752482#msg1752482

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!