Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

NC Late Crusader WIP

• 35 Replies

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: NC Late Crusader WIP
« Reply #25 on: Mar 29, 2018, 07:31 PM »
First...wow.  Just simply wow. You're doing some absolutely amazing work here.

Second, I was really digging that pressure suit, but the flight suit you're putting together is pretty bad shebs and I'm really looking forward to seeing it put together with all your other bits.

Third, the mythosaur pauldron is absolutely amazing.  Unfortunately, the mythosaur emblem is part of the Modern Era, and won't work with a Late Crusader kit.  This:

is a common LC Era symbol.  Hopefully it'll inspire you.

Fourth, your work is stellar. Seriously, very very good stuff, vod.  Your rifle, though, has a very Modern Era feel.  Crusader Era rifles are typically less sleek, more blocky, bulkier, less refined (?) ; it's hard for me to adequately describe.  But I'll leave some pictures for your perusal.

I'm really glad I came across your WiP; your skills are impressive, your attention to detail is amazing, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing this whole kit come together.

« Last Edit: Mar 29, 2018, 07:37 PM by Havelock » Logged
"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?
« Reply #26 on: Mar 29, 2018, 08:25 PM »
Havelock,

I want to say thanks for the compliment. As for the Mythosaur Sigil, It has already been changed to another Sigil that is acceptable in the Late Crusader Era. I just haven't updated it just yet. As for the Rifle, I have been consulting with a Late Crusader Era Guru Narran Baatar. He did O.K. my rifle. I may be changing the rifle in the near future though. I just want to get approved before I go through making any more upgrades.

Many thanks though for your compliments.

Ordeyn

• MMCC #0629
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #27 on: Mar 30, 2018, 11:25 AM »
 :o :o :o

I want to first say, wow. Also, the way you modified the Stalker visor is SICK! 8) I can't wait to see this build completed. Cheers to you!

Vastoom

• How can I help you today?
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Force Hunter Brigade Member Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #28 on: Mar 31, 2018, 09:30 AM »
Got to agree with everyone so far I am glad I came across this wip. Your work with sintra is simply artful. I have thoroughly enjoyed catching up on this build. I am glad you are taking the time to make the flight suit detailing as it is a big part of the aesthetic for the late crusader era.  I will be watching with anticipation!

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2018, 09:53 PM »
So I haven't posted anything in a few weeks now. For that, I am sorry.

A lot has gone on though with the construction of the Costume. A lot of the finer details have been being worked on.  So without further ado...

New Flight Suit was Designed and a New Seamstress was also found after the debacle of the previous Flight Suit. There is a Local Mando Merc OM here in Charlotte. She is Amazing. To say the least. She took mercy upon me after the whole ordeal which still isn't resolved from the previous flight suit.

Concept Flight Suit

And we worked on the concept together to bring out some cool details and work with a bunch of different textures to add depth and interest to the
Flight Suit. She made two seperate test muslin for fitting purposes and this is the final result.

Front

Back

Neck Seal

Left Arm with Pocket

Right Arm {A spot to put some cool looking flares I purchased from Demon Dog Studios. Also note the added texture on the forearm. These are raised panels}

Flare from Demon Dog Studios

Back Kidney Area

Back Closure around the Neck Seal

Left Leg

Outside of the Lower Leg

Knee {Please note the knees are padded}

Cross Section of the different fabrics used together to achieve some depth and additional texture.

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2018, 09:56 PM »
So I have also been working on a new Blaster which i modified from a Nerf Long Strike Barrel Extention

Handle made of MDF which was shaped on a belt sander

Took it to work and Primed it with 2K Epoxy Paint

Brought it home and painted it with Alclad Lacquer Paints. (Gun Metal Grey, Aircraft Aluminum, and some Rub'N'Buff)

Got some work done on the inside of my helmet as well. I ordered a Helmet padding system which was modeled after the some Riddell Boba Fett toys made in the 1990's.

You should check out this guy's stuff if you like what you see. He can also do custom colors to meet your specifications if you don't like what the toy helmets looked like back in the day.

https://www.thedentedhelmet.com/forums/threads/foam-helmet-liners.31376/

At any rate, I sanded the inside of my helmet with 320 grit sandpaper and sprayed it with some Adhesion Promoter.
https://www.amazon.com/Kleanstrip-Bulldog-Adhesion-Promoter-KLE-QTPO123/dp/B0015DMJZ0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1526603371&sr=8-3&keywords=bulldog+adhesion+promoter

I then sprayed the inside of my helmet with Plasti-Dip Black. I put 3 coats on it allowing 20 minutes flash time between coats. After waiting a full week to allow the Plasti-Dip to fully cure, I installed the new Helmet Padding System.

Please notice there are no wires visible for the 2 Troopacoola fans that are just above each ear.

I was also told by Naran that the previous Fettronics Chest display was no good for a Late Crusader Era  Costumes. They are only good for Modern Era. So, Fettronics and I collaborated on a new display which will be mounted vertically.

[imghttps://imageshack.com/i/plmbeiSXj]http://[/img]

This will be mounted on the Right Breast Plate adjacent to the new Air Intake Connector.

I would Love to hear you feedback on the new additions and improvements. Especially the Flight Suit. I know, lots of the flight suit will be covered by my armour, But I am hoping that I can run around a Con in my Flight Suit, Without armour on and still look to be in Costume. (Perhaps)

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2018, 10:07 PM »
Here are some more photos of my Nerf Blaster Build

This one of the things I am most proud of that I have made myself. This was a Labor of LOVE. I must give props to Jamal Smith for the inspiration though. It is made from a Nerf Long Strike Barrel Extension, MDF to shape the handle, bits and pieces from a World War II German Army Tank 1:35 scale, and a few Brass tubes I acquired from Hobby Lobby.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2018, 08:24 AM »
Very impressive indeed vod!

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Raynos Ge'tal

• Give me a call, I'll build with you.
  • Awards Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 15+ clan level invasions Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2018, 01:17 PM »
this kit is amazing, the attention to detail and patience and care has been great.

what tools are you using for your sintra detail work?

|Joined 03/2017| Troop Total: 50
« Reply #34 on: Jun 03, 2018, 09:46 PM »
A eBay scored scroll saw, a belt sander, a razor knife, a drill, and palm sander (DA), Super Glue Gel, and a lot of patience.
Thank you Redreynos.

Raynos Ge'tal

• Give me a call, I'll build with you.
  • Awards Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 15+ clan level invasions Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #35 on: Jun 05, 2018, 12:31 AM »
:) thank you Vod. keep up the awesome work!

|Joined 03/2017| Troop Total: 50

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!