Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Light Amour WIP

• 5 Replies

Galren C'boath

• "Good hunting"
Light Amour WIP
« on: Aug 03, 2017, 10:59 AM »
Hey guys, here`s my WIP thread for my first armour. It will be made using the light armour (fett) templates that have been altered to my slender size. I`ve drawn the templates onto some sintra sheets and am ready to cut them out. Any tips for shaping?

Re: Light Amour WIP
« Reply #1 on: Aug 03, 2017, 03:45 PM »
I personally use a heat gun but it's slower moving because you heat small sections at a time. I've heard of people using a pot of hot water but I would research that method before using it.

I would start looking around the house for curved objects that resemble the circumferences of your arms, legs, chest, and shoulders so that you can shape pieces with even curves.

Galren C'boath

• "Good hunting"
« Reply #2 on: Aug 06, 2017, 04:49 AM »
I personally use a heat gun but it's slower moving because you heat small sections at a time. I've heard of people using a pot of hot water but I would research that method before using it.

I would start looking around the house for curved objects that resemble the circumferences of your arms, legs, chest, and shoulders so that you can shape pieces with even curves.

I have a heat gun as my mum wont let me use the oven as I've seen on some youtube tutorials  😆  Il have a look for some items , thankyou!

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Aug 07, 2017, 03:52 PM »
Before you starting your sintra, I'd recommend taping the paper templates to you and snapping a picture so we can ensure your plates are good size wise. I'd hate for you to cut sintra out and then it be incorrectly sized.

A heat gun is the way I shape sintra. It allows you work in the area you want without having to shape it all at once. Just don't get it too close to the sintra, it will do some weird melting bubbly thing... not that that's ever happened to me :P lol.

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

grantaire

• Steve Buscemi rhymes with Mom's Spaghetti
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #4 on: Aug 07, 2017, 04:07 PM »
I agree with Kryamla, you should tape the paper templates to you. Usually people aren't the exact height and width as the model for the paper templates and you'll need to trim it a bit to get it to fit you correctly.

For shaping, I highly suggest that if you're near by to go to an armor party. That way you can get assistance from other members in your clan and see in person how they shape their armor.

Hik'aari

• Nick'aari
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
« Reply #5 on: Aug 13, 2017, 06:22 AM »
Commenting to follow here.
At clan level he has been through 4 sets of templates, refining them as advised by myself and Kris.
If you want to see all of them start from this post.
These are the most recent. He was advised to elongate the diamond to then cut it back to the required shape left by the plates:

Hik'aari WIP  |  Cat #1319  |  Akii'su WIP
Need Help? Rules and Guides

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!