Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jango Nova's Neo Crusader Field Marshal WIP

• 13 Replies

Jango Nova

• "Rust'alor"
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
Jango Nova's Neo Crusader Field Marshal WIP
« on: Aug 08, 2017, 12:56 PM »
So Im starting down the road to a Neo now  ;D Ive always liked the look of the gear but I never wanted to mess around with trying to make a helmet, but thanks to Makris I dont have to anymore  ;D

Im going to use this as my flightsuit, Its a Deathtrooper undersuit from R1, its a ribbed neoprene and vinyl under suit with mesh in the areas that are covered by the armor. Since no one has told me I cant use it yet im going to  :P :P   

Now I got my bucket a couple days ago and I LOVE IT. Makris did an amazing job!!

So the next step is trying to figure out what Yellow/Gold I need to use (Im open to suggestions) and draw out templates for the armor  ;D

« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2017, 06:11 PM by Jango Nova » Logged

R Dano Cammino

• Shock Infantry HW m.a.b.e.l 053 mma0024 cat 0445
  • Awards Shock Infantry Brigade Member
Re: Jango Nova's Neo Crusader Field Marshal WIP
« Reply #1 on: Aug 16, 2017, 06:16 PM »
the template factory is open . if you need LOL

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #2 on: Aug 17, 2017, 08:41 AM »
I think that is an AWESOME flight suit, if you look at Neo-Crusaders ribbed flight suits are super common. I dig it.

Also I fully expect to start seeing a rising tide in the number of Neo-Crusaders running around because of Makris's bucket  :laugh:

Looking forward to seeing this come together

« Reply #3 on: Aug 19, 2017, 09:08 PM »
Ohh, this is very exciting!! I shall be watching with interest, as well!

Also I fully expect to start seeing a rising tide in the number of Neo-Crusaders running around because of Makris's bucket  :laugh:

Once there are a number of us, we need to appear together as a squad!! :D

Jango Nova

• "Rust'alor"
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Aug 20, 2017, 10:14 AM »
Got a base coat of Gold onto my helmet  ;D

so for the final paint I picked out two different yellow's to try, one for the face plate and one for the cowl part because from evey image i have seen the the two parts are a different shade

so here are the colors I picked out, going to apply them later today.

More pics as it happens!

Mira Skydatt

• Verd ori'shya beskar'gam.
  • Awards 40% increase or more 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #5 on: Aug 21, 2017, 09:46 AM »
Looking forward to following this. Also, you're such a dang Hufflepuff it isn't even funny.  :laugh:

MMCC#1576 - VABS - QMU - NOS - M5SP - OOPS - XMG

Merid'alor

Tek Sa'an

• OM #1005 - QMU #007 - Vinyl'alor
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events Order of the Ori'Ramikad 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #6 on: Aug 21, 2017, 01:42 PM »
We don't have very many Neo-Crusaders. This will be cool to watch and see. Are you still working on the Ram kit, too?

ORI’RAMIKAD 2020 | OM #1005 | QMU #007 | VINYL'ALOR | IG-85736

Jango Nova

• "Rust'alor"
« Reply #7 on: Aug 21, 2017, 06:20 PM »
We don't have very many Neo-Crusaders. This will be cool to watch and see. Are you still working on the Ram kit, too?

Yes I am, but its for my Cyar'ika not me anymore lol  ;D

Still painting and templating, will post pics soon  ;D

Jango Nova

• "Rust'alor"
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2018, 09:46 AM »
Arise necro thread!!!!

So some progress on this. Going slow cause funds are tight and I'm taking my time to get it done right.

Neo Crusader WIP https://imgur.com/gallery/FZDqP

Some new images there. I'm on my phone so I can't post direct links but I'll have some more pics up soon

« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2018, 11:22 AM »
Ooh, going metal! That's hardcore. :D Excited to see it move forward.

Makris Brik

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #10 on: Jan 23, 2018, 02:09 PM »
Can't wait to see more of your progress. I saw the chest pieces and its looking fantastic. Also love the color.

Makris Brik

Jango Nova

• "Rust'alor"
« Reply #11 on: Jan 25, 2018, 09:52 PM »
So using this as my reference,

Im making my leg plates like this because its a heck of a lot easier to do and I personally like the look better .

Here is some more progress I made today.

Got the knees cut and shaped with the first layer of gold on them and got one Thigh plate made and the other templated out.  Im going to mount the knee plates on Volleyball knee pads because it closely resembles the strapping shown in the top image and use leather straps for the rest.

Wyn Starhawk

• Strive to be better.
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #12 on: Feb 10, 2018, 10:47 AM »
I love Neo Crusaders; I'm intrigued to see this come to fruition! Going full metal like this, you should be in Talon Clan xD

Enby. They/them.| Aliit Ori'shya Taldin

Jango Nova

• "Rust'alor"
« Reply #13 on: Feb 10, 2018, 11:05 AM »
I love Neo Crusaders; I'm intrigued to see this come to fruition! Going full metal like this, you should be in Talon Clan xD

lol thanks.  Im a welder so working with metal is just easier sometimes than plastics for me now plus I had some laying around not doing anything  ;D

so some minor progress on my Weapon. I found a good base for the Mandalorian Assault Rifle

Should have some more progress up on the armor soon as my Tax refund came in and I have some more funds to throw at it  ;D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!