Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First build Farghul WIP

• 185 Replies

Naasad Tal

• "Aliit ori'shya tal'din"
  • Awards 150 troops 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
Re: First build Farghul WIP
« Reply #175 on: Jul 30, 2016, 05:57 PM »
I just meant the area under the ears (where you have that round vent sitting in your picture)

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan #33
Brigades: Desert Ops #2
Societies: VRCA #20, Elegant Mando #66, Cabur Akaata #72, Vode Be Vhekad #2
« Reply #176 on: Jul 30, 2016, 06:59 PM »
I just meant the area under the ears (where you have that round vent sitting in your picture)
I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page. I will have to play around with the setup to see if I can get it to work well. I really appreciate all of your input Naasad!

Ok, so I have been fiddling with some ideas. I really like the slats that the original vents had, so I started thinking ‘what if I cut them out and still used them?’ I cut up a scrap piece of sintra and inserted the cut slats into it. If I used this idea I would sink the slats down into the bucket and maybe add a little lip of pop up around the inset for interest. It is hard to mock the idea, but I hope you can kinda see what I am seeing in my head.
I like the rectangular shape much better than the circles, and I think making it look inset instead of on top might help it flow better. The final product would be shorter than what the mock up is, and probably thinner too. I just need fresh eyes at this point. I have a tendency to fixate on things I think will work. Here is the bad mock up and a hand drawing

The other option is just slits in the sides. If I were to do that I would want them fairly small to avoid visibility. Somewhere between 3-5 slits up each side like so

If you guys have any other ideas, please shout them out. Definitely could use some input and whatnot here.

« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2016, 12:00 AM by Dara Tarrk » Logged
« Reply #177 on: Oct 26, 2016, 03:05 AM »
Well guys, like usual I let my thread go necro and then bring it back to life. I like to live life on the edge.  :P

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while. I worked on my shnees a little bit back in July and then got sidetracked by life in August when hubby and I found out we are expecting. We are due in April, so I only have a month or so left to fit into my suit until little one wants more room. I'm not sure I can even fit into it now as my flight suit was tailored fairly tight  :laugh:

I won't be doing any bondo work myself or any huge modifications to my bucket like I hoped I would get to, but I'm still chugging away at it.

Just wanted to give a quick update to those of you following this build wondering what the heck is going on.

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #178 on: Oct 26, 2016, 03:54 AM »
Congrats Vod!

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #179 on: Oct 26, 2016, 11:19 AM »
Congratulations!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #180 on: Oct 26, 2016, 12:13 PM »
Congratulations vod!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Naasad Tal

• Awards 150 troops 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #181 on: Oct 26, 2016, 05:11 PM »
Congrats!

Chris S. OM# 454
« Reply #182 on: Aug 13, 2017, 06:19 AM »
So.... I am back! I was itching to kit up again and finally got around to it. Lots of things are going to need fixing though. I wanted to lose the baby weight, but it seems I lost more than I originally had. All of my cloth parts are too loose on me now. I have had material for a new flight suit since before baby came along, so I will get to sew it up soon, but I may have to make a new vest too. I am also going to have to fix armor spacing, so I may end up getting rid of my Chicago screw attachments and just use Velcro or something.

I am playing around with some ideas for my leg armor with some help from my brother. If I'm not careful I may end up redoing my whole armor to be legacy  :laugh:

Obviously spacing looks like bantha poodoo with everything fitting loose, but here are the obligatory pictures of me and my mini rocking our kits

I'm stoked to be back vod

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #183 on: Aug 13, 2017, 08:05 AM »
Adorable.
And the baby is cute, too.  :laugh:  :P ;D

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #184 on: Aug 13, 2017, 09:55 AM »
that's the best baby grow ever!!! cute.

Naasad Tal

« Reply #185 on: Aug 13, 2017, 03:10 PM »
Happy to have you active again be vod! You know you'll have to make a set of beskar'gam for the ad'ika now!

Chris S. OM# 454

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!