Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Zando's WIP 1.0

• 84 Replies

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
Re: Zando's WIP 1.0
« Reply #15 on: Sep 06, 2017, 11:56 AM »
hello matey, just a quick heads up... those boots look fine but they do seem rather expensive if you take a little time to shop around you can pick up the same boots or very similar for a fraction of the price. whilst looking for a pair for a vod in my clan i found a pair for 7.50 brand new + free shipping that's gotta be round the $10.00 mark. ;)

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #16 on: Sep 06, 2017, 11:59 AM »
hello matey, just a quick heads up... those boots look fine but they do seem rather expensive if you take a little time to shop around you can pick up the same boots or very similar for a fraction of the price. whilst looking for a pair for a vod in my clan i found a pair for 7.50 brand new + free shipping that's gotta be round the $10.00 mark. ;)

Awesome! I need to find some in size 11 (I wear 10.5 but like bigger boots), and need them to be pretty though... I'll try and shop around. I'd really love Rogue One boots, the ones Cassian and all the rebels wear, but those are way expensive and you have to mod them to get the leather flap on the front. Got any suggestions for good boots?

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #17 on: Sep 06, 2017, 12:06 PM »
i believe what you may be talking about are called foundry boots they're safty boots used by guys who are around molten metals, the leather flap is to give the top of the foot a little more protection against splashes of hot metal try searching e-bay for foundry boots.

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #18 on: Sep 06, 2017, 12:08 PM »
i believe what you may be talking about are called foundry boots they're safty boots used by guys who are around molten metals, the leather flap is to give the top of the foot a little more protection against splashes of hot metal try searching e-bay for foundry boots.

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, lots of them are close, but look too modern and sneaker-like. I really just need tough boots though, since I have black leather gaiters that'll cover any laces and such. They need a proper heel though, so the under strap on the gaiters will fit.

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #19 on: Sep 11, 2017, 11:09 PM »
And templates cut! Medium this time, they seem to fit me better (and since the lighting in the bathroom is so terrible, the green lines are where my chest ends and where my belly button is at);

And yeah, I know the collar doesn't line up and all the plates are wonky. Masking tape doesn't adhere to cloth very well...  :rolleyes:

Aden Banto

• Out of my entire arsenal, fear is my best weapon.
« Reply #20 on: Sep 11, 2017, 11:18 PM »
The plate size is looking good. As you mentioned, collar doesn't line up with the chest. That's an easy fix.  ;)

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #21 on: Sep 11, 2017, 11:19 PM »
The plate size is looking good. As you mentioned, collar doesn't line up with the chest. That's an easy fix.  ;)

Yup. Once it's cut out in Sintra, it won't be buckling.

Ellen

• Call me Sha'el Cla
« Reply #22 on: Sep 11, 2017, 11:22 PM »
Yup. Once it's cut out in Sintra, it won't be buckling.

This is exciting! Are you still going to paint everything black?

Design is everything. Why buy it when you can build it?

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #23 on: Sep 11, 2017, 11:25 PM »
This is exciting! Are you still going to paint everything black?

Yup. And red, with the chest diamond and some accents in a really cool gunmetal grey paint I found at Walmart. Think it looks good enough to start cutting my sintra?

Ellen

• Call me Sha'el Cla
« Reply #24 on: Sep 11, 2017, 11:29 PM »
Yup. And red, with the chest diamond and some accents in a really cool gunmetal grey paint I found at Walmart. Think it looks good enough to start cutting my sintra?

I think so! But then again, I've run into trouble with spacing myself. I'm considering redoing some of my plates  :(

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #25 on: Sep 11, 2017, 11:46 PM »
I think so! But then again, I've run into trouble with spacing myself. I'm considering redoing some of my plates  :(

Hmmmm... I think they're good though. We'll see how it goes when I cut them out (hopefully tomorrow if it isn't raining)!

Ellen

• Call me Sha'el Cla
« Reply #26 on: Sep 12, 2017, 12:04 AM »
Hmmmm... I think they're good though. We'll see how it goes when I cut them out (hopefully tomorrow if it isn't raining)!

They look pretty good to me! Can't wait to see your progress!  :D

Og' Reh

• Ugliest Mandalorian you've ever seen!
  • Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #27 on: Sep 12, 2017, 05:09 AM »
With sintra you can always cut some more if the plates are too big or uncomfortable, so just go for it!

- My Lord! The field is lost! Army in disarray. This may be the end of the war...
- Desperate times need desperate measures... Call Mandalorians!
- Like... BOTH of them?

WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=105164.0
Bucket (complete): http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=106492.msg1782976#msg1782976

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #28 on: Sep 12, 2017, 09:23 AM »
With sintra you can always cut some more if the plates are too big or uncomfortable, so just go for it!

Will do! If the rain will stop, mebbe I can get it done tonight.

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #29 on: Sep 14, 2017, 10:30 PM »
I have most definitely and absolutely have not been cutting Sintra. As you can see from my flight suit and headgear:

( I also did not get a haircut)

And I certainly didn't trace this with spray paint:

And I didn't make this either:

And I am completely not pumped or excited...  ;)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!