Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Zando's WIP 1.0

• 84 Replies

NukemLuke

• To light a candle is to cast a shadow.
Re: Zando's WIP 1.0
« Reply #30 on: Sep 14, 2017, 10:48 PM »
Haha! That is an interesting way to trace your armor templates on your Sintra... I like the way you think  :laugh: lol

Can't wait to see how it all comes together.

"There are no mistakes in life, only lessons... Let this be a lesson."

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=119691.0 (WIP)

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #31 on: Sep 14, 2017, 10:50 PM »
Haha! That is an interesting way to trace your armor templates on your Sintra... I like the way you think  :laugh: lol

Can't wait to see how it all comes together.

Yup! Shaping and bending is next... gotta cut out knee plates and a backplate (I'll need a bigger piece of sintra than the 2'x4' one I have). I won't get any done this weekend/next week though, since I'm going to Florida with my family.

Ellen

• Call me Sha'el Cla
« Reply #32 on: Sep 15, 2017, 01:08 AM »
Yup! Shaping and bending is next... gotta cut out knee plates and a backplate (I'll need a bigger piece of sintra than the 2'x4' one I have). I won't get any done this weekend/next week though, since I'm going to Florida with my family.
It's going to move really fast from here! You're so close vod! Have fun in Florida as well!  :)

Design is everything. Why buy it when you can build it?

Og' Reh

• Ugliest Mandalorian you've ever seen!
  • Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #33 on: Sep 15, 2017, 01:48 AM »
Well... If you put it this way, the only answer there could be... We're not happy with your progres! ;)

- My Lord! The field is lost! Army in disarray. This may be the end of the war...
- Desperate times need desperate measures... Call Mandalorians!
- Like... BOTH of them?

WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=105164.0
Bucket (complete): http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=106492.msg1782976#msg1782976

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #34 on: Sep 15, 2017, 09:26 AM »
It's going to move really fast from here! You're so close vod! Have fun in Florida as well!  :)

I will! And it should go pretty quick, since shaping shouldn’t take that long and then painting is pretty fast... but I need a vest...

Well... If you put it this way, the only answer there could be... We're not happy with your progres! ;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ellen

• Call me Sha'el Cla
« Reply #35 on: Sep 15, 2017, 01:38 PM »
I will! And it should go pretty quick, since shaping shouldn’t take that long and then painting is pretty fast... but I need a vest...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

There are lots of good ways to either make a vest, or ways to buy one. I made mine based on the shape and style of my old volleyball sleeveless shirt.

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #36 on: Sep 15, 2017, 02:32 PM »
There are lots of good ways to either make a vest, or ways to buy one. I made mine based on the shape and style of my old volleyball sleeveless shirt.

I don't trust my sewing skills though, so I'd rather buy one. But they're about $95... I may have enough left over after I buy a .22 rifle.

Ellen

• Call me Sha'el Cla
« Reply #37 on: Sep 18, 2017, 12:32 PM »
I don't trust my sewing skills though, so I'd rather buy one. But they're about $95... I may have enough left over after I buy a .22 rifle.

Can you show a pic of the one you're looking at?  :) Also, sewing isn't that bad unless you're crazy like me and making your own pattern  :laugh:

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #38 on: Sep 18, 2017, 12:50 PM »
Can you show a pic of the one you're looking at?  :) Also, sewing isn't that bad unless you're crazy like me and making your own pattern  :laugh:

These: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=131611.0

And I don't think I'd do very well making my own pattern....  :-X

Ellen

• Call me Sha'el Cla
« Reply #39 on: Sep 18, 2017, 02:25 PM »
These: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=131611.0

And I don't think I'd do very well making my own pattern....  :-X

Looks nice! That's a lighter, more breathable fabric than mine. I made the sacrifice because I wanted a leather look  :rolleyes:

I wish I had been more experienced when I made my own, but you never know until you try, right?  ;)

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #40 on: Sep 18, 2017, 06:38 PM »
Looks nice! That's a lighter, more breathable fabric than mine. I made the sacrifice because I wanted a leather look  :rolleyes:

I wish I had been more experienced when I made my own, but you never know until you try, right?  ;)

Yep. Now I just gotta cough up the money. Got some other stuff to get first though. Maybe if a nice bounty would come my way...

Ellen

• Call me Sha'el Cla
« Reply #41 on: Sep 18, 2017, 11:21 PM »
Yep. Now I just gotta cough up the money. Got some other stuff to get first though. Maybe if a nice bounty would come my way...

That would be nice  :rolleyes:  I haven't seen any well paying ones yet though. I'll let you know if I come across a good one! Two Mandos are better than one, eh?  ;)

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #42 on: Sep 19, 2017, 01:12 PM »
That would be nice  :rolleyes:  I haven't seen any well paying ones yet though. I'll let you know if I come across a good one! Two Mandos are better than one, eh?  ;)

For sure! Seems I’ll have to keep hunting numbers in the wild spreadsheet plains for now.

Ellen

• Call me Sha'el Cla
« Reply #43 on: Sep 19, 2017, 02:57 PM »
For sure! Seems I’ll have to keep hunting numbers in the wild spreadsheet plains for now.

I think I'll go back to my day job as Jedi Librarian....

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #44 on: Sep 19, 2017, 07:14 PM »
I think I'll go back to my day job as Jedi Librarian....

Yep. The Star Wars movies never touch on the day to day life of a "Simple man trying to make his way in the universe", just the high/low/exciting points.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!