Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Zando's WIP 1.0

• 84 Replies

Zando

• Hello!
Re: Zando's WIP 1.0
« Reply #75 on: Oct 27, 2017, 01:27 PM »
I've had a lot of people recommend using bike helmet foam pads because they can be removed once they get sweaty and smelly. I currently have just a standard piece of foam that I'm using mainly as a cushion (because my buy'ce is heavy!)

I think I want a jetpack so that I can easily reach higher ground in a fight. It worked out really well in Obi-Wan's favor  ;)

I'm gonna go with combat helmet pads, they look pretty good.

And the high ground tactic is certainly useful... though you could just carry a ton of thermal dets, and use them to *cough* lower the ground around you, putting you on the high ground without a jetpack...  ;)

Ellen

• Call me Sha'el Cla
« Reply #76 on: Oct 27, 2017, 01:35 PM »
I'm gonna go with combat helmet pads, they look pretty good.

And the high ground tactic is certainly useful... though you could just carry a ton of thermal dets, and use them to *cough* lower the ground around you, putting you on the high ground without a jetpack...  ;)

Thermal detonators would be a nice thing to have on hand, but a rocket launcher is nice to...
Aaah, so many choices when it comes to weapons!

Design is everything. Why buy it when you can build it?

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #77 on: Oct 27, 2017, 02:53 PM »
Thermal detonators would be a nice thing to have on hand, but a rocket launcher is nice to...
Aaah, so many choices when it comes to weapons!

Just have thermal sets and a rocket launcher! Better yet, just befriend a Wookie and you can have a walking armory...

Ellen

• Call me Sha'el Cla
« Reply #78 on: Oct 28, 2017, 08:02 AM »
Just have thermal sets and a rocket launcher! Better yet, just befriend a Wookie and you can have a walking armory...

A Wookie would be a great backup buddy, but I work solo. Unless it be with my fellow Mercs  ;)

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #79 on: Oct 28, 2017, 05:37 PM »
A Wookie would be a great backup buddy, but I work solo. Unless it be with my fellow Mercs  ;)

But.... there is a Wookie Mando... so you can have a Wookie buddy.

Ellen

• Call me Sha'el Cla
« Reply #80 on: Oct 28, 2017, 09:46 PM »
But.... there is a Wookie Mando... so you can have a Wookie buddy.

Really? That's awesome! I haven't seen him yet!

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #82 on: Aug 13, 2018, 11:06 AM »
And almost a year later, Zando is BACK BOIS!  :jango:

Finally got my shebs moving on my kit, been working a bit on my helmet lately. Got the keyslots in, and once the epoxy is properly dried I'll sand it, fill in some spots with Bondo, and then I can hit it with some more primer!

I'm thinking I should figure out the visor mounting system (and attach the base earcap parts) before I actually start painting. What's the best way to actually attach the visor? I've seen some people use special screw kits but I forget what they're called.

Fenris Claddanna

• Chaotic Fun
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #83 on: Aug 13, 2018, 11:15 AM »
Welcome back!

I've seen visor attachments done a couple of different ways. I have one bucket that has threaded posts with nuts and washers holding the visor in. I've also heard of folks using binding posts/chicago screws for the visor, and my current bucket uses the tried-and-true hot glue method.

As far as attaching your visor itself, I'd suggest holding off until after you finish your painting, and just insert a piece of cardstock to prevent the mandibles from warping while you do all of your paintwork and weathering. It'll keep you from having to mask your visor and remove the possibility of getting paint on it.

Cheers, vod!

Oyacyir mav, ash'amur pirusti

OM#1624
Kyrimorut#021:KMB# 32:B.E.A.R.D.S#128:W.B. #08:MTS#082:M.M.R.S#017

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #84 on: Aug 13, 2018, 11:20 AM »
Welcome back!

I've seen visor attachments done a couple of different ways. I have one bucket that has threaded posts with nuts and washers holding the visor in. I've also heard of folks using binding posts/chicago screws for the visor, and my current bucket uses the tried-and-true hot glue method.

As far as attaching your visor itself, I'd suggest holding off until after you finish your painting, and just insert a piece of cardstock to prevent the mandibles from warping while you do all of your paintwork and weathering. It'll keep you from having to mask your visor and remove the possibility of getting paint on it.

Cheers, vod!

Chicago screws, that's what they were. But being kinda lazy I may just go for the hot glue method. :P Cardstock is definitely a good idea, I already had to take my heatgun to it after I accidentally stacked my bike on it and warped it... (#zandoisapro) and I'd like to avoid repeating that. Thanks for the tips vod!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!