Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Projekt DL-77

• 28 Replies

Nimrodt

Projekt DL-77
« on: Aug 14, 2017, 08:26 PM »
It all started with a picture and the problem that it is really hard in Germany to get 1: 1 weapons to use them as a basis.
On the one hand because of the law situation on the other hand because of inadequate information about the offered articles, which usually as 75 or 50% large models.

I have then by chance from Japan a set Mauser in actual 1: 1 get and then before the problem toll 1: 1 mauser but not the Mauser you need for a DL-44 and its versions but version M-712
But since I had long ago times a picture of a great custom Mauser had had I had an idea simply a great successor model to build a real successor some model versions further and suitable to star wars
When I look at the art design of e7-8 I get nightmares.

So I have the image from my archive searched for God, thanks I store interesante things always from.

By chance, a friend of mine is currently building a Greedo killer and so I had the first part I wanted to use for my blaster the square heatsink of the greedo killer.

I should print the heatsink with my 3d printer and then took over the idea for my project

With me stood from the beginningan that I consciously deviate from the custom mauser and as much as possible connecting and elements of the original triology wanted to use and that

Here I test the new handle for the blaster

Here you can see Building the boombox in the bottom of the blaster handle for which I have a cover made with a grid and the whole is attached with magnets

Version 1 of the cover

Final Version

Another detail where I am from the original DL- 44
Have been inspired by the ESB version

And I have then searched for matching Greeblies for the sides
At this time I had also revised and extended the Heatsink for my version

I then finally found the right parts for the site just had to find out how I arrange it

The final version of the right side

Here I have the safety lever and the wheel of the target telescope
Borrowed it edits the wheel enlarged and printed
and add a small greeblie

First version and second version of the safety lever

Final Version

« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2017, 09:29 PM by Nimrodt » Logged
Unbesonnenheit ist das Charakteristikum der Jugend,Besonnenheit das des Alters,und Vorsicht ist der bessere Teil der Tapferkeit.

Nimrodt

Re: Projekt DL-77
« Reply #1 on: Aug 14, 2017, 09:48 PM »
So I worked on the sides of the blaster I had accidentally seen the Movie Kong Skull Island, and there the Japanese Mauser with wood handle at the magazine
The whole looked very similar to my Heatsink and I found the shape of the end there better than with me so I designed a new heat sink.

Here times as a comparison a small intermediate step right air soft mauser links my version

Here the final new Heatsink and the old version 

And here the second magazine I have the long magazine of the weapon also worked and the whole a new lock missed so that it is now a great complement.

Next step front end.
Here I extended the whole thing and
A new estuary built like a blaster lens

Since the blaster should have light and sound I had of course also a lot to be done here as a current source I used lipo batteries

Unbesonnenheit ist das Charakteristikum der Jugend,Besonnenheit das des Alters,und Vorsicht ist der bessere Teil der Tapferkeit.

Nimrodt

Re: Projekt DL-77 Pic Heavie ! ! !
« Reply #2 on: Aug 15, 2017, 06:50 PM »
After the electronics is installed gings now sticking on and grinding while grinding, I have once again redesigned the weapon mouth.

The run and the covers, I have a bit rounded for a more appropriate look

When gluing and sanding I had synonymous times a somewhat exaggerated idea the original part of the so much in star wars was used as a flashhider

Nimrodt

« Reply #3 on: Aug 16, 2017, 02:01 AM »
Sorry für tue Bad english i Muster usw googeln to translate. Hope all can understand it.

Torolf Goran

• Take what you can, give nothing back.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: Aug 16, 2017, 03:44 AM »
You've done amazing work. I can't wait to see it finished.

Bes'uliik Clan - Arkansas   OM #1545  
Brigade Member - Striker Division, Privateer / Heavy Melee
501st Diamond Garrison - TA 15450
M.M.R.S. - 001 (founder), W.B. - 003, QMU - 055, L.O.B. - 015, O.S.B.A. - 004, B.o.B.B. - 015, N.O.S. - 018

If you're new to the club and in Arkansas go here.
Official Invasions: 18

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Aug 16, 2017, 12:22 PM »
This is turning out beautifully!

Dies ist schön herausdrehen.

Apologies, my German is EXTREMELY rusty.

« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2017, 12:26 PM by STRAKAZulu » Logged
MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #6 on: Aug 16, 2017, 12:52 PM »
I shall be Watching this Build ... keep up the Great Work ...  ;)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Nimrodt

« Reply #7 on: Aug 16, 2017, 03:23 PM »
Thanks to all for the compliments

I know google is not the best to translate but better than my own translations.

Nimrodt

« Reply #8 on: Aug 16, 2017, 07:57 PM »
Ok time for a new update!

After grinding a last test if everything sits and fits

During the last prope I noticed that I had totally forgotten to build an Iron sight
Unfortunately I have from the construction phase keien pictures has forgotten it in the haste
But you can see it here when I have primed everything with 99.5% aluminum spray

And of course I had again a crazy idea
Krayt Dragon but unfortunately I have no talent for such a thing

next step painting and weathering...

Nimrodt

« Reply #9 on: Aug 18, 2017, 12:43 AM »

First I'm absolutely not the type of paint I prefer to build than I paint.
I have used for the blaster the first time washes and various methods to age.
so be Gentel to me

I've used
99.5% aluminum spray as base
As well as black silk mats
And flat black
Then different acrylic colors for the washen and some rub and buff

I started with the energy magazines
The standard energy clip and the extended military clip energy clip

When I after the paint the first time the black magazines in the shaft pushed, they got through the inner leadership rails their first abrasion so I had the first perfect matching weathering tracks

Nimrodt

« Reply #10 on: Aug 18, 2017, 06:00 AM »
here is the Video from sound and light test   

https://www.facebook.com/markus.euler.77

Nimrodt

« Reply #11 on: Aug 20, 2017, 01:31 AM »
So I'm finished with the paint Weathern and wash so far.
Since I had no experience in the area I had to correct many times several times until I was satisfied but I think I got it quite handsome.

Here are the pictures of the weathering in the details

Here a few pictures of the blaster and the base for comparison

Nimrodt

« Reply #12 on: Aug 21, 2017, 12:44 AM »
So the blaster would be so far finished
The days I make myself to the target optics and then my blaster is ready and ready too troop.

Here a few days of light pictures taken in the morning

Nimrodt

« Reply #13 on: Aug 21, 2017, 12:50 AM »
I hope you like my work and I hope very much I have the star wars feelign also met in your eyes

I am happy about your opinions and criticisms as well as suggestions

Here is the link to the Light and sound test

https://www.facebook.com/markus.euler.77

Anansi

• Ratiin Am Jate'Kara
  • Awards Donated one quarter of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #14 on: Aug 22, 2017, 11:42 AM »
I love this blaster, vod. It looks like a genuine evolution of the '44. If I had to give a criticism, it would be that the sound is not as "deep" as one would expect. It sounds more like a smaller gun. However, it must be stated again that this is a gorgeous, aggressive looking blaster that is definitely Star Warsy enough. You'll be the envy of your clan.

May Hod Ha'ran guide my tongue, may Kad Ha'rangir guide my gun, and may Arasuum guide you to your final slumber.

MMCC #2010 - Nevik Marev
Cabur Akaata Member 139 | O.S.B.A. 007
Gunslinger - Special Weapons Brigade
Anansi's Longstrike Carbine
Another Anansi Nerf Mod
Anansi's Armor WIP

Nimrodt

« Reply #15 on: Aug 22, 2017, 11:44 AM »
Thx man thats Honors me

I wanted a sound that did not directly resemble the original DL-44 sound and I found the new sound of the DL-44 from EA's Battlefront the sound different but still familiar

And life he hears itself very well Unfortunately, the mobile phone recording is certainly not the best

« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2017, 11:48 AM by Nimrodt » Logged

Nimrodt

« Reply #16 on: Sep 09, 2017, 10:29 PM »
so I have finally finished my target optics
and aged.

so the blaster is now ready

maybe I will still replace the label but before I do not exactly how remains everything as it is and the blaster is finally finished

Cyberdemon

• Just point me at what you want destroyed
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #17 on: Sep 12, 2017, 01:18 AM »
That looks sick, great job dude.

Nimrodt

« Reply #18 on: Sep 13, 2017, 06:06 PM »
thx i have start planing on an new version an DL-50

Cyberdemon

• Just point me at what you want destroyed
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #19 on: Sep 13, 2017, 06:16 PM »
go for it that sounds awesome.

MadCelt

• Just a little man trying to stay in God's plan.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #20 on: Sep 14, 2017, 12:54 PM »
It's Beautiful.

Fabulous craftmanship.

Nimrodt

« Reply #21 on: Sep 15, 2017, 06:57 PM »
thx thats motivates much for new projects

Nimrodt

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2019, 03:42 AM »
Hey guys, I made some additions to my DL-77 Blaster.

I've reconstructed the R1 flashlight and made a mount as an inspirration for the mount I've used parts from Return of the Jedi and they seemed to make Picatinny Compatible.

The red dot visor is quite nice but I just do not have enough Star Wars like I have as a scope based on the M38 Scopes Designed as a bracket, I've also used here my Rail Compatible bracket.

Now I'll build everything together and paint and then hope that I am now fully satisfied so that I can continue on my DL-50 Blaster project.

« Reply #23 on: Jun 03, 2019, 03:41 AM »
German: Ich liege wahrscheinlich falsch, hoffentlich so, weil das erstaunlich jetzt sieht. Aber denke ich, dass taktische Schienen gegen CRLs sind.

English: I'm probably wrong, hopefully so, because that looks amazing right now. But I think tactical rails are against the CRLs.

Bearbeitung: Ich kann es nicht finden. Vielleicht erinnere ich mich falsch. Oder sie haben das geändert. Es kann eine gute Idee sein, zu fragen.

English: I can't find it. Maybe I'm misremembering. Or they changed it. It may be a good idea to ask.

« Last Edit: Jun 03, 2019, 03:46 AM by Ikaan Deema » Logged

Nimrodt

« Reply #24 on: Jun 03, 2019, 04:19 AM »
in solo,R1,E7-9 the have rails on blasters ........

in the original trilogy they also use Dovetails for Diverse Blaster incl. DL-44
and My DL-77 is a Modern Blaster a continuation of the classic DL-44 and his Line to the future

« Last Edit: Jun 03, 2019, 04:50 AM by Nimrodt » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!