Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bowfanny's Late Crusader build

• 11 Replies

Bowfanny

• GENERAL SHINANIGATOR
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Bowfanny's Late Crusader build
« on: Aug 24, 2017, 03:20 PM »
I'm just going to use this as a build log for a canon crusader that has a tendency to get dropped due to complexity. So wooo for starting a hard build!

Im sure the helmet gives it away what character I am planning on doing but if that doesn't then the close duplication of Ref Aldrin's build thread will. However I have a 3d printer at my disposal so aim cutting some corners with technology.
I know it looks like a tiki mask but bear with me while so go through this slow process of creating a nice kit.

« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2017, 06:03 PM by Bowfanny » Logged

Naran Baatar

• Formerly 'Ghosthammer54'
  • "The Khan"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 267th Rapid Assault Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Special Weapons
Re: Bowfanny's Late Crusader build
« Reply #1 on: Aug 25, 2017, 01:26 PM »
There is a W.i.P it is really happening!!!  :D

Super excited to watch this come together vod!

Bowfanny

• GENERAL SHINANIGATOR
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Aug 25, 2017, 06:19 PM »
There is a W.i.P it is really happening!!!  :D

Super excited to watch this come together vod!
Yes, slowly. However I had been working on armor templates two years ago that alive managed to hold on to so that i can simply trace and cut the armor and then shape it. It's a nice sturdy cardstock style poster board so it's quite effective and should last several uses.

Karl Dha'Werda

• MMCC# 1330 & 1330b & TDE#388
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
« Reply #3 on: Aug 26, 2017, 09:19 AM »
I'm just going to use this as a build log for a canon crusader that has a tendency to get dropped due to complexity.

Ya, a Rohlan Dyre build.  I'm looking forward to how your WIP pans out.  I haven't seen someone attempt this since Ref Al'drann and bh1138.  Also Ru'Der Marekar had a great WIP on making the armour for Rohlan's that he used with his kit, but alas the plague of photobucket with his WIP.

Oh, and I am going to be in your clan next week for Force Friday.  I already worked out the details with JasterRaiak and I will be bringing some 3mm plates for Kaz xan to help him out.  Visiting my in-laws in Yakima.

Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
B.E.A.R.D.S #137
Mando Rider #038
ALUMINATI# 036
MLCS# 026
Mandalorian WIP
OM Troops: 45
Late Crusader 1330b

Bowfanny

• GENERAL SHINANIGATOR
« Reply #4 on: Aug 26, 2017, 05:25 PM »
Ya, a Rohlan Dyre build.  I'm looking forward to how your WIP pans out.  I haven't seen someone attempt this since Ref Al'drann and bh1138.  Also Ru'Der Marekar had a great WIP on making the armour for Rohlan's that he used with his kit, but alas the plague of photobucket with his WIP.

Oh, and I am going to be in your clan next week for Force Friday.  I already worked out the details with JasterRaiak and I will be bringing some 3mm plates for Kaz xan to help him out.  Visiting my in-laws in Yakima.
Yeah it's that character. And Jaster is Gurreck Clan, I am in Concordia. ;D

Karl Dha'Werda

• MMCC# 1330 & 1330b & TDE#388
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
« Reply #5 on: Aug 27, 2017, 08:55 AM »
Yeah it's that character. And Jaster is Gurreck Clan, I am in Concordia. ;D

Darn, I was off a state.   :)  Still looking forward to your build.

Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
B.E.A.R.D.S #137
Mando Rider #038
ALUMINATI# 036
MLCS# 026
Mandalorian WIP
OM Troops: 45
Late Crusader 1330b

Bowfanny

• GENERAL SHINANIGATOR
« Reply #6 on: Aug 27, 2017, 12:51 PM »
Darn, I was off a state.   :)  Still looking forward to your build.
I'm on a slow build so it might take a bit since I have some pretty high expectations as far as most of the soft goods go. I've technically been working up to this point over the last two years. I'm more inclined to build Rohlan than I am to build a Boba due to the shear costs of a Boba for building. With Rohlan I can do majority of the stuff with the gear I already have.

Bowfanny

• GENERAL SHINANIGATOR
« Reply #7 on: Sep 03, 2017, 02:50 AM »

Did some more tinkering today. Wasn't happy with the pvc fittings I got for this project so I'll be 3d printing majority of the components for the pack itself as well as anything else that i find I may need.

Bowfanny

• GENERAL SHINANIGATOR
« Reply #8 on: Sep 25, 2017, 05:08 PM »
Picked up some burgundy vinyl for my vest. Vinyl isnít my first choice of vest material but I couldnít afford a $200 piece of garment weight leather.

Kol Hokan

• Armor does not make a warrior, spirit does.
  • Awards Special Weapons Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions.
« Reply #9 on: Nov 17, 2017, 07:47 PM »
Moving right along, Bow.  Keep us updated!

I used Vinyl on my first (Kol) kit, and it's still holding up after 70+ troops.  It works just fine as long as you keep it ventilated in spots. 

Alex Cole .... Clan: Concordia .... CAT#: 0787
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor (North End) 2018-present
Concordia Clan Alor'ad 2013-2016
Brigade Marshal 2014-2016
501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175

Bowfanny

• GENERAL SHINANIGATOR
« Reply #10 on: Nov 17, 2017, 09:00 PM »
Moving right along, Bow.  Keep us updated!

I used Vinyl on my first (Kol) kit, and it's still holding up after 70+ troops.  It works just fine as long as you keep it ventilated in spots.
Itíll do for now. Iím in a holding pattern due to working two jobs but Iíll get it done bit by bit.

Bowfanny

• GENERAL SHINANIGATOR
« Reply #11 on: Feb 12, 2018, 03:12 AM »
Not a huge update but I started some work on the base blaster for this kit. Just took out all of the electronics and started working on screw holes and the recessed lettering. Iím using the same base as Ref Aldrin did with his build.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!