Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bo-Katan from Rebels S4 build

• 97 Replies

GoldenCat

• Honorable Fighter
Bo-Katan from Rebels S4 build
« on: Sep 04, 2017, 08:06 PM »
Hi to all of you! I should say that I'm a bit new to the whole armor building and I would appriciate any feedback. I will add more story and progress pics a bit later, I started writing this and realized it could quickly become a very long reading that won't look good at the first post. I will try to dissasemble my post to parts and post it piece by piece with pictures.

This are the best shots so far that show her full armor - front view and from the back. Also I added Filoni's art from SWCO, it has a good picture of the helmet.

« Last Edit: Sep 04, 2017, 08:09 PM by GoldenCat » Logged

GoldenCat

• Honorable Fighter
Re: Bo-Katan from Rebels S4 build
« Reply #1 on: Sep 05, 2017, 06:13 AM »
Last year I tried to make TCW version of Bo-Katan's armor, it didn't go as well, I was planning on making big changes to what've done. I recieved a great comments, but it was reeeeaalllly bad, I won't even add a picture to the post but you can check the costume here - https://www.instagram.com/p/BK8TnYRDmpE/?taken-by=nastasiyafun
Then some things happend in my life and I gave up on crafting for a few long months.

The urge to finish the costume hited me while I was watching a livestream from SWCO. I spend a day writing everything I needed to upgrade or build from scratch. But then the trailer for star wars rebels was released. At first glance, I thought the armor is pretty simmilar to the TCW version, yes, some diffences, but overall it seemed close enough. This is when it struck me to do this costume. For the next couple of days I reviewed all screenshots with Bo from the trailer and realized how wrong I was. The only things that I could use from TCW version are the wig and the knees. Oh well. I asked a friend of my from our clan if he had any tips for starting the build and if he could give me some materials. I was supplied with 2 lists of 3mm sintra each about 1mx1m. And as of now this is just a right amount I need for everything except for helmet and some parts of the thight armor - I used my previous armor parts and upgraded them quite a lot.

The helmet.
I took my first, not-right-even-for-TCW, helmet cut the visor as closer to the rebels as I could. Then just a hard work reshaping it closer and closer to rebels version and undoing the mistakes I made in my first try to do something.

What I want to change later: rangefiner (this one was rushed, doesn't look good and based on Sabine's rangefinder, waiting for good references for Bo), painting (I chould aim for not so bright blue and want to add a proper weathering, but it also depends on references) and ears. Right now my ears are combination of what you can see on Ursa's helmet and on Bo's.

Ty'renn Argos

• "I'd sell my mother to the Jawas for a good hunt."
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #2 on: Sep 07, 2017, 03:50 AM »
Earcaps look fine for an improvised set!
Keep it steady. It might be a tedious build, so don't rush it. Good news is, Rebels pics and reference materials should start showing up pretty soon, with the new season coming this October...
So yeah, have patience with this one!

Ni cuy' gar vod jii.

Jair Kelborn

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Sep 07, 2017, 04:06 AM »
Аеее добро пожаловать!))

MMCC OM #1018
Red Fist Clan. Moscow

Evren Jaira

• She/They
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #4 on: Sep 07, 2017, 07:35 AM »
Gonna keep an eye on this build! I absolutely adore your Lana Beniko.

OM #2745|QMU #025|MA #146 - 24er|House Nelvaan #32

Zarya Arthos

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Sep 07, 2017, 07:07 PM »
Yes, don't rush it. Just take your time. Look forward to your progress!

Looking for mirrored visors? Click Here!

GoldenCat

• Honorable Fighter
« Reply #6 on: Sep 07, 2017, 07:11 PM »
Good news is, Rebels pics and reference materials should start showing up pretty soon, with the new season coming this October...
So yeah, have patience with this one!
Well, it's already a long build for my standarts, usually it don't take me longer than a 2-3 months to finish the costume, and here I am stretching this from april. - I'm not really rushing things. It might look like this in the next couple of weeks because of two things - I've already done a lot of work, so I will post a lot of things at once - it doesn't mean that I crafred it over night. Also I want to have this costume at wearable stage by the end of the month, because we will have a big event in Russia. This will give an opportunity to test things "in the field".

Аеее добро пожаловать!))
  ;) когда-то нужно было начать in-progress для структуирования процесса.

Gonna keep an eye on this build! I absolutely adore your Lana Beniko.

Thanks, I hope this costume will turn out as well as Lana's.

I forgot to post it before, here is my album for reference pics- http://imgur.com/a/Rxsdm.
So, today I bring you - chest plates! In comparrison to her TCW armor these plates are much flatter. And I thought it will be some kind of problem when I started the build. Lets just say the shape of her TCW chest armor is more suitable for me. But there's nothing fun without a bit of challenge. Some wip pics - it is me figuring out the right shape and proportions to make a pattern.

Sometimes it's hard for me to stop and take more pics step by step because at the start of the process I don't know how things will turn out. This is why my wips are usually very quick. After I had a right shape I made it into patterns. Of course it's not wise to cut sintra right away. I started with patterns on some type of heavy paper, just to adjust dart placement and the overall shape. I used a few tutorials from the forum so I won't dive into explaining too much - you can easily find it in topics. Long story short - editing shape, sanding, sanding, sanding and etc. Also I like to always see what exactly am I doing, so between sandings I usually put some neutral color over the part. So this grey is not the color the I will use for the armor! Shouldn't forget to make a place for the lights on the armor and edit the shape a bit, but this is going to be done when other parts are also almost done, I will work from how they look together on the vest.

« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2017, 07:15 PM by GoldenCat » Logged

Ion

• Gizka herder :D
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
« Reply #7 on: Sep 08, 2017, 06:51 AM »
Work progress looks good.
good luck  ;)

Verd'ika Helmet WIP- Female Armor WIP- Force Hunter WIP - Art/Crafts  
E.M.T.S. #137 | K.O.V.A. #0020 | G.M.O.L. #017 | L.O.B. #12 | M.5. #065 |

Myra Tiin

• Outer Space Vandal
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #8 on: Sep 10, 2017, 03:59 AM »
Good !
It's really nice to see more people going for SW Rebels kits !

Desert ops Brigades - WIP  - Pixel Mandos
 QMU #017 - KOVA #002 - EMTS #118

GoldenCat

• Honorable Fighter
« Reply #9 on: Sep 10, 2017, 08:52 AM »
While crafting the jetpack I decided to do a big analysis of the entire costume. I collected all the clips from the trailer to have every possible screenshot with Bo-Katan. You know how much content we have right now? 15 seconds from two trailers :laugh: But, thanks to trailer style, in those 15 seconds are 12 different shots with Bo. That's super awesome.

My analysis is styled like a CRL and based on Bo-Katan's TCW armor and Sabine's S3 CRL. I hope my English is not so bad and I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions.

•   Helmet 
      o   Must have a dark colored, full one piece "T" visor.
      o   Must have a dark gray rangefinder "Rebels"-style (see Sabine's rangefinder for more detail) and stalk on the right side of the helmet.
      o   The mandibles and fore head must be a white color.
      o   The upper cheeks must be a darker blue color.
      o   The key slot area and rear rim must be middle-dark gray.
      o   Both blues must match the visual references as closely as possible in similar lighting.
      o   The dome, lower cheeks, and the back of the helmet must be blue in color.
      o   The helmet must be weathered and should match the visual references as closely as possible.
      o   Must have the large “V” logo at the center of the forehead that is black in color. Also 5 small black lines that start from the beginning of white area at dome. They end before the V logo. Two light grey circle-like shapes on each side of t-shaped visor. The mandibles must have a slightly visible light gray pattern that can be mistaken for weathering.
      o   The stalk of the range finder should be lowered into the ear piece on the right side of the helmet and has a dark grey circle on top of it. On the left ear piece there must be identical circle.
      o   There is a vertical line present on top of the ear pieces on both sides of the helmet. It should be light gray in color.
      o   The blue cheeks should be rounded at the top unlike the more tapered cheeks of Boba Fett.

•   Flightsuit
      o   Must be a cotton or cotton blend stretch material two-piece garment being black/ dark charcoal grey with a medium grey pattern. The pattern should match the reference.
      o   Must be single sleeved with long sleeves going under the forearm gauntlets.
      o   Must have no visible zippers or openings.
      o   Must allow for the attachment of cod, knee and holster armor.
      o   Pants must be tight and have a medium grey section going from the hips to the ankle.
      o   Must include a turtleneck or tight neck seal on the neck.

•   Flak vest
      o   Must be dark gray almost black in color (should be darker than the main color of the flightsuit).
      o   Must be as seamless as possible.
      o   Shoulders must not flare outward like wings and must end just under the shoulder armor.
      o   Must allow for the attachment of chest, back, belly, and shoulder armor.
      o   Must be short and end before the belt.

•   Gloves and hand armor
      o   Must be dark gray almost black in color and of a thin, soft material. Same or similar to the material used for the flight suit and worn tucked underneath the gauntlets.
      o   No visiable attachments of hand armor to the gloves.
      o   Hand armor - small pieces, rectangular shaped with cut off angles (so overall there must be 8 angles), armor slightly curves to follow the shape of the hand. Lower side of the armor coinsides with lower side of the trapezee shape that placed on the armor.

•   Gauntlets  (Identical to Ursa's gauntlets and other Female Mando's from Clan Wren, only different color)
      o   Must be Animated Female Clan Wren style armor.
      o   Must be made of a solid material such as fiberglass, resin, styrene, sintra or Vac-formed ABS.
      o   Must be blue in color and weathered where indicated in visual references to give the illusion of battle wear and damage.
      o   Must have a thick seam on the inner side of the gauntlets.
      o   The right gauntlet must contain the following components as shown in the visual references:
                       • 5 Buttons on the top. Same size vertical rectangles one lime and two yellow in a row, then a green perpendicular  below the first row. Then a large yellow trapeze closer to a wrist opening. Two vertical slights on the outside of the blasters for exploding. A slit for hidden knife to be expelled (over wrist opening).
                       • There must be a light gray rectangular on the outer and inner side of the protruding part of the gauntlet.
      o   The left gauntlet must have three forward facing darts in front near the section, one more dart in the middle and two illuminated buttons on the top. One yellow and one lime - identical in shape and size.
Another platform on the outside of the gauntlet, smaller than the main one. Slightly protrudes from the cuff, has two sections, the one farther from the wrist - above. There are 3 buttons on it - one yellow vertically placed rectangle, the other two smaller, lime colored, horizontally arranged rectangles.
                       • There must be a dark gray / black rectangular on the outer and inner side of the protruding part of the gauntlet

•   Chest Armor 
      o   Consists of left and right breast plates, a center diamond and an abdominal plate.
      o   Must be made of a solid material such as fiberglass, styrene, sintra or Vac-formed ABS.
      o   Must have dimension and give the feeling of thickness and depth.
      o   Must be gray in color and weathered where indicated in visual references to give the illusion of battle wear and damage.
      o   Center diamond plate between breast plates must have an indented vertical rectangle as shown in visual references that is a bit darker grey then the main chest armor.
      o   All armor must attach securely to the vest with proper spacing and be appropriately sized to the wearer.

•   Back Armor
      o   Must be made of a solid material such as fiberglass, styrene, sintra or Vac-formed ABS.
      o   Must curve on the shoulders and end at front imitating collar armor.
      o   Must be blue in color and weathered where indicated in visual references to give the illusion of battle wear and damage.
      o   Must have two rectangular slots over the shoulder blades to allow for the jetpack straps to feed through.
      o   Must attach securely to the back of the vest.

•   Shoulder
      o   Must curve around the upper arm and shoulder.
      o   Both shoulders must feature matching round, black and white Nite Owl sigils. Design must match visual references.

• Belt
      o   Must be leather or similar materials and brown in color.
      o   Must consist two pieces – one is wide and approximately 2.5 inches wide and the other is almost two times smaller and placed at the center over the first one.
      o   Main belt have no visible seam that could be covered by one of the pouches. Heavy duty velcro is recommended for durability. The small belt secures via metal rectangular buckle at front.
      o   Must include four equally sized pouches (two on each side) approximately 2.5 inches wide and 4.5 inches tall attached to belt by loops.

•   Codpiece
      o   The three pieces must be made of a solid material such as fiberglass, styrene, sintra or Vac-formed ABS.
Cod armor is made of three separate pieces.
      o   Must be gray in color and weathered where indicated in visual references to give the illusion of battle wear and damage.
      o   Must be worn below the belt.

•   Thigh Armor
      o   Must be curved to fit snugly over thighs.
      o   Must attach securely on the thighs of the flightsuit.
      o   Thigh must include holsters located on the lateral sides.
      o   Must have a light gray ½ inch strap at the top that securely fastens around the upper thigh.

•   Knee Armor
      o   Must attach securely to the front of the knees over the flightsuit.

•   Shin Armor
      o   Must be gray in color with a blue stipe down the middle and weathered where indicated in visual references to give the illusion of battle wear and damage.
      o   Must attach securely to at the front over the boots.
      o   Must have a trapeze cut out of them and placed a bit lower on the boot.

•   Boot Armor
      o   Must be worn securely on toe cap and back of the heels.

•   Boots
      o   The part that covers the feet must be black with the sole pattern to match as closely as possible to the animated series. The shin cover should be dark gray in color.
      o   Must be long enough to end beneath the knee.
      o   Must allow for secure attachment of armor on top of boot.

•   Jetpack
      o   The colors for the jetpack are: blue, light gray, medium gray, dark gray, red and tan.
      o   Must have the following main components: one center tank and two side fuel tanks, one center missile, two side mounted thrusters / nozzles, plane rectangular plate stretching horizontally through the center tank on each side of it.
      o   All patterns, colors and weathering must match visual references as closely as possible.

Facial appearance:

•  Head Band
      o   Head band is light-medium gray in color with dark/medium gray or black details around the top and sides to match visual references.
      o   Band is fitted to the wearer and extends from temple to temple; it is worn between the forehead and hair line.
      o   Band has four yellow illuminating lights; two on each temple.
•  Wig/Hair
      o   Red-orange in color.
      o   Hair is formed in a "Bob" cut that is angled shorter in the back than the front.
      o   Wig parts down the middle of the scalp.
•  Scar
      o    The scar runs diagonally from the forehead to the end of the right brow.
•  Eye color
      o   Green contact lenses.

Weapons :
•  Pair of Westars
      o   Based on a scratch-built or a modified commercial toy Westar 35 pistol.
      o   The right handed pistol should be custom painted light gray and yellow (?? or may be it's just the lightning), while the left handed pistol matches the usual light and medium gray color with dark gray finish on the handles and slide as seen on other mandos in Rebels. (the reference show a comparisson between Bo's pistol ans Ursa's - they're the same)

Darksaber (optional)
•  Must match visual references in color, scale, and construction. The appearance of the darksaber should match the Rebels era (it’s a bit different from the CW darksaber though it supposed to be one weapon)

« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2017, 07:28 AM by GoldenCat » Logged

Shar Dagger

• Don't be Delicate, Be Vast and Brilliant
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Special Weapons Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #10 on: Sep 10, 2017, 03:04 PM »
Wow!  :o Your references are soo strong and the season hasn't even started yet.   It's exciting to see how much Bo Katan has changed from TCW to Rebels.  I can't wait to see where you go with this build!

OM: 1688 - Privateer and Heavy Melee Brigade Member: 283
Check out my Instagram: @shar_dagger
The Pirate WIP
Valhalla WIP

GoldenCat

• Honorable Fighter
« Reply #11 on: Sep 11, 2017, 03:52 AM »

Wow! 😨 Your references are soo strong and the season hasn't even started yet. It's exciting to see how much Bo Katan has changed from TCW to Rebels. I can't wait to see where you go with this build!

Thank you! Yes, I actually noticed that Dave probably wanted her armor to be closer to Boba's, because on his art from SWCO her armor isn't from Rebels or Clone Wars. So what we have right now is sort of combination of Boba's outfit and Bo's from CW.

And this is what I have right now after another crafting weekend. The belt is done 99% and there're a first layer of paint on the armor.

____

But guess what - just after publishing my analysis I found out a few great shots with Bo that clear a few of the questions I had. I'll update the post soon. I'm so greatful for the full shot from a side - so many good notes from this.

I also looked closer on Ursa's gauntlets. There is a sort of seem on the inner side, it could be used for openning on the gauntlets to those ho need one. Right now my gauntlets don't have an openning, because my wrists can easily fit in.

Myra Tiin

• Outer Space Vandal
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #12 on: Sep 11, 2017, 03:57 AM »
I'm SUPER IMPRESSED with what you've done in such a short amount of time.

Everything looks really good !
I guess the flight suit will cause some trouble, with its different colors and textures.

Evren Jaira

• She/They
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #13 on: Sep 11, 2017, 08:42 AM »
You're doing awesome!! This is gonna be an amazing build to watch progress, you have so much detail collected already!

OM #2745|QMU #025|MA #146 - 24er|House Nelvaan #32

Katt

« Reply #14 on: Sep 11, 2017, 08:58 AM »
Amazing work, so much research. Can't wait to see your build come together.

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #15 on: Sep 12, 2017, 03:21 PM »
Wow! Looking great so far! :)

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

GoldenCat

• Honorable Fighter
« Reply #16 on: Sep 12, 2017, 05:57 PM »
Thank you all for those great words :kiss:

some mistakes in english might be here, it's past midnight here, sooo don't blame to much, ok? :)

Right now I'm working on the soft parts and the jetpack, while waiting for a right gray color to arrive at my doorstep by mail. For now, no awesome pics to share, I'm afraid.. But here is one blurry shot of me trying up the chest parts to see if they fit right.

And I have two questions for you to discuss.
1) The main color of the  flightsuit. In comparrison to Sabine's flightsuit it's the same or even darker color, just shinier, while the vest is completly black.

And I know it's okay if the main flightsuit color for Sabine is black (it's written in the CRL).
So the question here - Does dark gray/almost black is going to be okay for Bo, of course with the vest being darker, as black as the blackest night?

2) This one is a bit tricky.

At first I thought that she only has a shin armor on front, and at the back there are just straight black boots that goes over to the shin. But then I found the image that showed Bo from the left side and I'm no longer sure that this is the case. I lighten up the image and found out that on the back of the boot there's something dark grayish, like another part of the shin armor. And researching this style on other costumes I found out that it might not be the case either.
Why it's not a complete shin armor that covers the whole leg? We can see the complete armor on the female Mandos from clan Wren and there're no seems that indicated that the piece on the back of the boot is separate for them as well.

And I couldn't  find a good image, but I noticed that many costumes in Rebel have two layers on their boots - one that covers a foot and other that covers the shin. So my idea here is to make this two layered boots with foot layer to be black and the shin layer to be dark grayish and then mount the shin armor at front as it should be. This might sound a bit confusing, but it makes sense while looking on the ref. pics. So please, let me know what you think!

GoldenCat

• Honorable Fighter
« Reply #17 on: Sep 15, 2017, 07:45 AM »
And hello to you all once again ;)
I updated my analysis post - http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=139856.msg1788693#msg1788693
I used glow text to highlight everything I added or changed. Also I replaced some of the images because I took more clear screenshots and found new references.

As for my build, I started painting! Yay, love that part. I'm repainting the helmet, already fixed my rangefinder and ears to match the new ref pics. As soon as I finish with weathering I'm going to upload more clear and detailed photos. I don't really like sharing the progress step by step because I don't always sure if I like the result, so my progress thread is might seem so rushed.

Right now my to-do list:
  • finish weathering of all parts, 
  • finish the jetpack (it's like 40% finished right now),
  • soft parts (they're on 50%)
  • boots (~70%) and then all atachments!

My deadline is next week, because the con I want to attend to sort of test this in the field is at the end of September.  I feel quite good with what've done already and so badly want to wear this!

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #18 on: Sep 15, 2017, 12:19 PM »
I like how you did that back plate, very neat!

Paint is looking good :)

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

GoldenCat

• Honorable Fighter
« Reply #19 on: Sep 17, 2017, 10:14 AM »
I like how you did that back plate, very neat!
Thank you! I realised I never posted the back plate progress before. I made a template myself from paper first (sort of try smt, fix it, try again and etc.) and then moved it to sintra. Here is how it looked:

After I bent it over my shoulders I saw that it wasn't so fitting, so I decided to do two darts like this .
And it turned out quite well 

Also about the jetpack.. It's a real pain for me ???. I made my TCW jetpack from scratch and it looked fine from a distance, a very far distance...When I made it last year, I soon saw that it was too tall. So this time I needed a brand new jetpack - Bo's jetpack is a bit different version of Boba's Z-6 jetpack. I drew this illustration of how I need to transform my exicting jetpack into a whole different model.
And I tore my previous jetpack to pieces, like all I had left was the main wall and three tubes. This is my progress on the jetpack for 1,5 week.

There so much yet to be done, I'm a bit tired and I actually want to do a full painting and see how it works. Because I believe so many thing could be covered by weathering. And if I don't like it in the end - then I'll fix whatever needs fixing.

UPD:
Also a question - I'm considering to use for the boots my standard Imperial officer's boots. I tried to see how the armor will look, it seems okay, I think.. Should shorten the boots a bit, but overall it's good?? Let me know what you think because if I'm going to use them on Bo it means that I won't be able to use them for my Juno anymore and I want at least a second, mb even a fifth opinon..

« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2017, 04:31 PM by GoldenCat » Logged

GoldenCat

• Honorable Fighter
« Reply #20 on: Sep 26, 2017, 07:19 AM »
Remember how I wanted to finish everything at least to a wearable state by the end of the September? Well here I am! (at least I'm close to it, I still have 2 days before the convention). Today I tried everything on myself for the first time - yay! It helped me to remember all the small things I left for the later and never finished. So today I'm finishing some details. But here is how it looks right now:

I'm thinking about placing the jetpack a bit higher, and I need to add straps on the thigh armor, attach those small trapeze pieces to the boots. Btw, the boots. I love them, I made my shin armor from two pieces - one back dark gray piece and the other is the main one on front and I think it's looks like it supposed to be. Also don't mind the colors, I have bad lightning near my mirror, so it's harder to see that the suit is lighter that the vest (the vest might seem a bit baggy but I just need to iron it).

I'm going to fix what I want today, then wear the whole thing again and I hope to post more pictures today later or at least tomorrow morning.

And Update ^^
Here is how it looks now (don't mind the wig, I was trying to take off the helmet and realized that the wig won't hold very well, like no awesome shots taking off helmet right now):

I'm going to leave it like here for the event this weekend and then wait for the episode to air.

« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2017, 12:39 PM by GoldenCat » Logged

Myra Tiin

• Outer Space Vandal
« Reply #21 on: Sep 29, 2017, 11:08 AM »
 :o  Super impressed with your speed ! You got this like a boss at wearable state, congrats !

Not only it fits really well, but yout kit is also really accurate. Can't wait to see more pics from your event :)

Ty'renn Argos

• "I'd sell my mother to the Jawas for a good hunt."
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #22 on: Sep 29, 2017, 11:25 AM »
Okay.
SImply awesome.

Ni cuy' gar vod jii.

Katt

« Reply #23 on: Sep 30, 2017, 09:22 AM »
Woah! You've seriously rocked this build! Looks amazing!

GoldenCat

• Honorable Fighter
« Reply #24 on: Oct 08, 2017, 04:00 AM »
Thank you all for your kind words!

It's been a week since the convention where I was testing this costume for three days. I was so worried about the costume, that for some time I debated if I should wear it at all. But I love that I sort of take everything under control the day before the convention and crafted the head band.
What more can I say - so many things to change and improve! But for now let me share a few pics with you, sadly this darksaber not mine and on some pics my wig is a mess because it was a constant "buckets on" and "buckets off".

My main concerns:
- mount a jetpack higher
- maybe shorten the backplate a bit
- shorten the chest plates and with this everything below them will go higher
- craft westars so then I could modify my thigh armor to be smaller, but still have functional holsters.
- mb completely re-sew the suit, because I think it should be more grayish.
- on the third day I couldn't find my neck seal, so I would like to make a collar on the suit to never face this problem again.
Of course, for all the changes I will wait for the episode to air. Just a week of waiting, but then - back to work! I still have a few questions regarding some of the armor parts, but they're going to be solved with enough ref pics.
With the help of photoshop I made a small comparisson to help figuring out what I need to change. And how much I hate this cartoon style with small torso and long legs.. This is where my problem with proportions came in. My upper body is shaped differently and that's why my chest plates are big. And my legs aren't so long, but I wanted to have functional holsters - this is why my thigh armor is so much bigger that in the ref pics. Here are some adjustments that I think I can do to make things more screen-accurate.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!