Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bo-Katan from Rebels S4 build

• 97 Replies

Zando

• Hello!
Re: Bo-Katan from Rebels S4 build
« Reply #75 on: Mar 27, 2018, 12:02 PM »
*dies from the epic levels of accuracy and detail in this build...* Amazing work vod! As per usual...

Xundor Wrex

• No, I'm Jango's friend...
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #76 on: Mar 27, 2018, 01:12 PM »
Like everyone else is saying, the accuracy and detail of this build is epic! Great work!

Si vis pacem, Para bellum

GoldenCat

• Honorable Fighter
« Reply #77 on: Mar 28, 2018, 06:32 AM »
Very impressive, love the build, commenting so i can find this thread again later for my wife's similar build (Night Owl but not cannon), you have a ton of sources and a lot of good step by step instructions, awesome job!!!
Cool ;) I would love to see that build some day.

I know I commented on your instagram as well ha but still, impressive work. I really like that jetpack as well. Also, I am sure this is mentioned somewhere on this thread but that is a lot of pages to scroll through again ha what is the device on the side of the right gauntlet supposed to be, just a gauntlet blaster?
Thank you :) There is another build for Bo, there are twice as many pages, I thought my build was kind of modest xD
There is no particular use for it, I always thought those were an antennas of some kind? But I believe the initial goal was to make Bo's armor similar to Boba's. And he has something like this on the left gauntlet from esb version - it's used as a flame thrower housing:

Like everyone else is saying, the accuracy and detail of this build is epic! Great work!
*dies from the epic levels of accuracy and detail in this build...* Amazing work vod! As per usual...

*falls dead right next to you from the amount of kind words and nice feedback*

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #78 on: Mar 28, 2018, 12:25 PM »
As everyone has said, such great work here :)

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

GoldenCat

• Honorable Fighter
« Reply #79 on: Mar 30, 2018, 03:18 AM »
As everyone has said, such great work here :)

Thank you  :)

About the gauntlets.
I've found a place where you can order pretty accurate gauntlets for Bo-Katan or Ursa Wren, just in case someone will be interested in them - https://www.facebook.com/stormprops/?hc_ref=ARS47qi_xck5HuzcpMfK19FvQ3xne3CNzVJTTOdhAsafpRrGuQXnnLZ7EQBa748KXO4

so far I only see one missing detail, but it's easily fixed (there should be another rectangle on the inner side of the left gauntlet)

GoldenCat

• Honorable Fighter
« Reply #80 on: Apr 02, 2018, 07:07 AM »
April Fool's day is over, but I'm here to bring something funny xD I promised a while ago to post everything I've noticed..
Let's start from the begining.

How does the large heads in the cartoons can fit those helmets so fast and easy. I'm so jealous of this special ability.
Also seconds apart - but the jetpack attaches differently to the backplate.

Going forward, this is so far the best thing I saw.
Forget whole helmets, let's just use masks instead

Same scene, different view. I think it's not pleasent to have a blaster inside your leg. But it could come in handy if you like to shot first  :P Also - boot armor falls through textures, but it's pretty common and I will come back to it later.

This is it for the first part of the episode. Watching the next one:
Hey! I've found a new scene when you can see the whole jetpack for a second. Sadly, next shot and the missile is gone.

Another special ability - the cod can phase through the leg. You can walk way more easily now xD

I've posted this before, but I'm missing the jetpack missile, of course I'm going to mention everytime you can see it.

This one I'm leaving here because you can see how much the armor can deform when someone moves in Rebels. But hey, If you haven't noticed before,also the knife can extend.

As for the armor. I like that you can actually see - armor doesn't fit very well. Also, if you are interested the inside of the Bo's armor also painted. You can see the other side of shoulder.

Ouch, I think it hurts

yay, the knife can extend... to the other side of the gauntlet as well xD It's important to not cut yourself when you hand moves.

And it's normal again

It's so easy to walk when your boot armor can fall through textures. SO MANY TIMES

Thanks for your time ;) I hope this put a smile on someone.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #81 on: Apr 02, 2018, 07:14 AM »
 :laugh:
I love gaff watching ;D
So many times my wife and I will be watching some movie, and I'll pick it apart, that she has started to do it too.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

GoldenCat

• Honorable Fighter
« Reply #82 on: Apr 03, 2018, 04:51 PM »
:laugh:
I love gaff watching ;D
So many times my wife and I will be watching some movie, and I'll pick it apart, that she has started to do it too.

Thanks ;) Most of it I've noticed only when I was examining screenshots to better see armor details. I was praticually interestend in her boot armor and it pains me to see how it falls through textures  ???

GoldenCat

• Honorable Fighter
« Reply #83 on: Apr 09, 2018, 04:45 PM »
Happy MandoMonday! My Darksaber arrived a week ago and it's amazing. The Pach Store did a great job, it has Flash on Clash thing (I chose Ice blue option, but it's more dark-green actually that fits with the effect of lightsaber clash we see in films) and two soundboards - one with Darksaber sounds and the other with regular lightsaber sound. 

It's great, but it needed a lot of detailed painting. I've just finished it  and tried my best to match sreen ref pics. And I can't look away from this beauty.

Straka Zulu

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #84 on: Apr 09, 2018, 05:25 PM »
Looks awesome, Vod!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Kryamla Redalur

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #85 on: Apr 09, 2018, 07:01 PM »
I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t jealous right now :laugh: it looks amazing!

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Nico Fett

• Porg Dad/Traffic Cone
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 75 official invasions. Award for 100 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #86 on: Apr 10, 2018, 08:42 AM »
Been following this on instagram; but the whole post is an insane amount of dedication to this little details, fantastic work  :D

Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness
Tra'cor Clan || MMCC #1653 || Traffic Cone Brigade #02
FB: Facebook.com/NicoTheFett | OM Invasions: 94

GoldenCat

• Honorable Fighter
« Reply #87 on: Apr 12, 2018, 06:31 PM »
I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t jealous right now :laugh: it looks amazing!
Looks awesome, Vod!
Been following this on instagram; but the whole post is an insane amount of dedication to this little details, fantastic work  :D
Thank you all :kiss: :kiss:

Some small progress - My nightmare is becoming true. Never worked with lights before and have to figure out a lot..

GoldenCat

• Honorable Fighter
« Reply #88 on: Apr 29, 2018, 05:54 PM »
Hi to all!

It's a start of the convention season for me again. Already had a wonderful opportunity to test updated costume in the field. Was really glad to meet amazing Sabine and Satine - when you are a canon character, of course you would love taking a photo with your supposed sister. (also it's so strange how different the wig looks depending on the light and post editing)

I was hoping to finish lights by that time, but never got past that gauntlet I posted before. I had two weeks and I've finally done all I wanted - again xD

1. I actually repainted most of the armor again - I saw the photos from the con and decided that the blue should be a slightly different shade, but I think you won't notice the change even..

2. Did some side by side photos of my helmet, compared them to the references and really worked on getting the details of the weathering right. Even noticed a part that I always thought as a light effect not weathering. But after close examination of the references it was confirmed. There is a large gray-ish area at the back of the dome.

3. LIGHTS! I'm the christmas tree now xD Really should have been a bit more careful doing those, but I like the result especially on the headband and on the chest.

Wanted to have new photos from each side by now, but I made a mistake and didn't change ISO settings for those - they became really lighted ??? But I have another con tomorrow! So I will probably have some time to take a few photos there or sometime before ;)

Katt

« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2018, 11:14 PM »
Love the con shots, looking fab!

Myra Tiin

• Outer Space Vandal
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2018, 02:34 AM »
Your attention to detail is killing me ! But in a good way  ;D

Desert ops Brigades - WIP  - Pixel Mandos
 QMU #017 - KOVA #002 - EMTS #118

GoldenCat

• Honorable Fighter
« Reply #91 on: Jul 23, 2018, 10:12 AM »
Bam! Unexpected update! Thanks for comments and Happy, MandoMonday ;)

My previous shots:

Since then I made lots of minor changes (again). Apart from comparing weathering details with the reference a few more times, I've started making new pouches (although they still need lot's of work, but it's a first step). Need to work on the edges and add a few seams because stitching detail on the box flaps should be visible for level 2 approval in 501st.

I'm in the middle of removing the straps from my thigh armor - it's a common consensus that those are part of the flightsuit as the areas on the hands and legs.
Really wanted to take new pics with updated costume today, but my sewing machine broke  ???

As for thigh armor I've also made a thin cut/slot down the middle of the armor to where the holsters attach. For a long time I was thinking that it was just a line there, but it's not.

I really love my new rangefinder and it's wide metalic stalk. My last stalk was made of metal too, but it was too thin to be screen accurate. Let me remind you - it's a scratch build, so the stalk is actually a door handle xD It was a great find for two reasons: 1) metalic stalk has much lower chance of being broken than the plastic one (learned that on experience); 2) because it's a door handle - I had no trouble making a secure attachment to the helmet.

GoldenCat

• Honorable Fighter
« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2019, 02:35 AM »

Hello to you all =)
I am currently fixing up a few things and thought I might update this topic.

Firstly, I've made a few changes way back in autumn:
1) Added stiches to the pouches for more realistic look.

2) I've removed the straps from my thigh armor - it's a common consensus that those are part of the flightsuit as the areas on the hands and legs.

3) Already said that I've made this cut out line on the thing armor, but I didn't have an image then:

How it lookes now and on 501st CRL (yay, got approved with Infamous level :P):

And before I submit my application to MMCC, I want to make everything to the point I enjoy.
I really don't like some of proportions of my gauntlets. I wanted to have a printed ones for a while and working on those as of now.
They do have some flaws due to an error in printing, but I'm almost done making them more smoth.

And I was really unhappy with my electronics. I didn't know much a year ago when I did it, but right now I have a bit more skill. I'm replacing everything with smaller, brighter and thinner diodes. So far so good.

Evren Jaira

• She/They
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #93 on: Jun 05, 2019, 07:13 AM »
Looking forwards to seeing your upgrades!

OM #2745|QMU #025|MA #146 - 24er|House Nelvaan #32

GoldenCat

• Honorable Fighter
« Reply #94 on: Jun 24, 2019, 05:35 PM »
Just send today's pictures for approval ^^
I've updated my album with all armor pieces and side by side photos if anyone wants to look at details of each armor piece - https://ibb.co/album/dvK78v
Something I'm very happy of is the new gauntlets - they turned out awesome. I'm almost done adding lights in those.

It's an April Storm's model, but i didn't have all the parts printed and did some myself using sintra. Also, I needed to hide all the seams and remove the possibility of ever have these to open, because it's a very bad design from Rebels xD In the cartoon the seams are partial and serve only as a decoration.

Straka Zulu

« Reply #95 on: Jun 24, 2019, 05:56 PM »
You should be able to have the hinges/seams in them, or getting them on and off will be a little rough...

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #96 on: Jun 24, 2019, 06:01 PM »
Good luck with your app! :)

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

GoldenCat

• Honorable Fighter
« Reply #97 on: Jun 25, 2019, 02:05 AM »
You should be able to have the hinges/seams in them, or getting them on and off will be a little rough...

Luckily, that's not a problem, at least for me ;) My previous gauntlets were done the same way. I'm just highlighting the wiered design choices of the animated armor  ;D

Good luck with your app! :)

Thanks!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!