Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Rampage & T-Rex team build

• 70 Replies
Re: Rampage & T-Rex team build
« Reply #15 on: Oct 29, 2018, 06:29 PM »
Had the opportunity to attend a BMG armor party. I was finally able to try my kit on with others around for help. I got a laundry list of small things to fix, but otherwise I am very happy with what I have so far.

Felt good, real good!

« Reply #16 on: Feb 03, 2019, 04:25 PM »
Update -

Rwmoved barrel and stock

Short barrel

Greeblies

Base coat

Bryn Cin'Prudii

• ~What killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018
« Reply #17 on: Feb 04, 2019, 11:23 AM »
That is one sweet looking blaster, what base did you use?

Cerar Clan OM#1935 Tri-Division Brigade Member#262
M.A.C.K#51 O.O.P.S#48 G.O.M.O.L#34 O.S.B.A. #08
P.W.S.#007 Mando Wraps#04 B.O.B.B#32

Vor'en Marr

• Vor'en Marr
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #18 on: Feb 04, 2019, 02:54 PM »
Hey vod, excellent build so far. commenting to follow with interest.

I really like your clear clean lines I the chest armour. are you adding additional trauma plates to your ab plate?

MMCC OM #1437 |MMCC Brigade #198| B.O.M.B #069 | MiB #018| B.O.O.M #027
« Reply #19 on: Feb 04, 2019, 07:44 PM »
That is one sweet looking blaster, what base did you use?

Thank you!

A BMG  member found it at Good Will for $3. I sanded all markings off and cannot for the life of me remember the rifle's name. I've been looking through pics to find one of it before I started. I'll let you know what it was if I find it.

I definitely will find the name. Need one for the wife's kit
Hey vod, excellent build so far. commenting to follow with interest.

I really like your clear clean lines I the chest armour. are you adding additional trauma plates to your ab plate?

Thanks! Yes I plan to trauma plate all pieces (to some degree).

My shoulders have small plates on the edges and my backplate is still being worked out in my head. I hope to have a nice design that flows though each piece of armor and have something that just looks right.

« Last Edit: Feb 05, 2019, 08:34 AM by osukaru » Logged

Kol Var'Das

• Beanpole
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #20 on: Feb 04, 2019, 10:04 PM »
OOOOOOOooooh!! That blaster looks brilliant!

osukaru

• Friendship is Loyalty // Mando'ad draar digu
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #21 on: Feb 05, 2019, 08:35 AM »
As part of my moderation duties I must request that you please avoid Double Posting in the forums.  This is against forum rules as documented HERE.

Double Posts - Please refrain from posting immediately after yourself, also known as 'double posting'.
If no one has replied use the "modify" button to update your post.
WIP threads and other similar threads that have new content being added are exempt from this rule, provided the posts have useful new posts being added.
In such exemptions, replies to multiple questions when attempting to catch up should still be combined into single posts.
Moderators will exercise their best judgement, if you feel an error was made please contact the Moderator Lead and Tech Officer via PM.

The posts have been combined.

« Last Edit: Feb 05, 2019, 11:15 AM by Havelock » Logged

You have doubts? Rules and Guides
« Reply #22 on: Feb 10, 2019, 08:12 PM »
Paint & weathering

Scope

Ronin Tavic

• I'm not crazy, I just find sanity boring.
  • Awards 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #23 on: Feb 10, 2019, 08:17 PM »
You know I always get wary when I see some of the more detailed helmets, lots of time people use them with traditional plates, and they just don't match. That is no way at all what's happening here! The little details you've added are brilliant! the kits are gonna be top of line. Bet.

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Kol Var'Das

• Beanpole
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #24 on: Feb 12, 2019, 04:15 PM »
Solid work there.

« Reply #25 on: Feb 16, 2019, 04:46 PM »
1 blaster finished... until upgrades. I think it's got that Star Warsie feel. Offset scope and tech you can recognize but not really. This was my 1st try at weathering and I feel comfortable enough to try it on our plates and buckets. Used metallic silver spray paint on a brush and black acrylic wash.

« Reply #26 on: Mar 23, 2019, 04:05 PM »
One piece collar, backplate and jetpack.

Still WIP.

Jenga Feet

• Shiloh - Kyrimorut
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #27 on: Mar 23, 2019, 05:09 PM »
REALLY digging the design of that. Awesome sintra work

He/Him Pronouns | Kyrimorut Clan | Official Invasions: 31
« Reply #28 on: Mar 24, 2019, 02:17 PM »
Here is the upper body armor all rought in.  Real happy with the collar & packplate. A little heat and bend here and there, tighten up velcro in places and it should be ready for some paint.

Trauma plates will be added as I go along.

Sep Ho'ban

• Hammersaw
  • Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #29 on: Mar 24, 2019, 04:03 PM »
It's looking great vod! They're shaped to you very well. 

I think your ab plate is going to need a bit of a trim to be in compliance with this part of the CRL:
If a Boba or Jango Fett ab plate is being used, the height of the plate must be approximately 1/2 the measurement of the width.

If you look at Boba, he doesn't really believe in protecting his intestines.  His armor ends right about the bottom of his rib cage.
The rest of that space is where waist items go so they don't become "hip items."

Keep up the great work, and keep posting pics!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!