Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Zaine Ordo Pilot wip 2.0

• 4 Replies
Zaine Ordo Pilot wip 2.0
« on: Sep 07, 2017, 08:31 PM »
After failing horribly at a scratch build with pep.  I have decided to try the Homer method and this is how far i've gotten. 

Shar Dagger

• Don't be Delicate, Be Vast and Brilliant
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Special Weapons Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Zaine Ordo Pilot wip 2.0
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2017, 02:58 PM »
Yes!  Bucket bucket builds!  My recommendations with this route is to make sure you properly sand and prep the surface (sandpaper, etc.) before using resin or bondo.  It will flake off otherwise. 
A bonus to going this route is it will give you a nice flush surface to mount a visor as opposed to a cardboard or even pep. build!

OM: 1688 - Privateer and Heavy Melee Brigade Member: 283
Check out my Instagram: @shar_dagger
The Pirate WIP
Valhalla WIP

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Sep 11, 2017, 11:11 PM »
Yes!  Bucket bucket builds!  My recommendations with this route is to make sure you properly sand and prep the surface (sandpaper, etc.) before using resin or bondo.  It will flake off otherwise. 
A bonus to going this route is it will give you a nice flush surface to mount a visor as opposed to a cardboard or even pep. build!
Hey now, Pep helmets can have flush mounted visors. It just takes much patience to get the desired effect.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Shar Dagger

• Don't be Delicate, Be Vast and Brilliant
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Special Weapons Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Sep 12, 2017, 09:38 PM »
Hey now, Pep helmets can have flush mounted visors. It just takes much patience to get the desired effect.

:laugh: I was not patient with my first bucket.... Poor sacrificial thing.  I just learned through the experience of building 3 and starting a 4th scratch, that I like the bucket method best for making the overlay around the visor.   :D

« Last Edit: Sep 12, 2017, 09:52 PM by Shar Dagger » Logged

OM: 1688 - Privateer and Heavy Melee Brigade Member: 283
Check out my Instagram: @shar_dagger
The Pirate WIP
Valhalla WIP

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2017, 11:09 AM »
:laugh: I was not patient with my first bucket.... Poor sacrificial thing.  I just learned through the experience of building 3 and starting a 4th scratch, that I like the bucket method best for making the overlay around the visor.   :D
I've honestly lost count of the mumber of helmets I've done, I do know at least 10 are approved with someone's kit.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!