Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Question about gloves and flight suit

• 2 Replies
Question about gloves and flight suit
« on: Sep 16, 2017, 08:02 PM »
So I got a flightsuit today. I know for a fact that the length on the sleeves needs to be hemmed due to my being short. I also know that earthly looking straps and such need to be covered up. I was wondering if I could get any tips on how exactly to cover up or modify things like zippers and velcro straps on the suit. Also advice on what else needs to be tailored besides the sleeves and pant legs.

The suit:

I also got a pair of gloves. I know that the ink on them needs to cleaned off but otherwise do you think the flight gloves would work?

Ni haati talyc, ni haati ge'talyc.

Karl Dha'Werda

• MMCC Karl & Rex Dha'Werda and TDE#388
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Question about gloves and flight suit
« Reply #1 on: Sep 17, 2017, 08:56 AM »
So I got a flightsuit today. I know for a fact that the length on the sleeves needs to be hemmed due to my being short. I also know that earthly looking straps and such need to be covered up. I was wondering if I could get any tips on how exactly to cover up or modify things like zippers and velcro straps on the suit. Also advice on what else needs to be tailored besides the sleeves and pant legs.

Nailed it on the flightsuit; arms and legs need to be hemmed.  Will be able to make better suggestions at that point with altering/tailoring the rest of your suit.  The bagginess in the legs might be hidden by your boots, but would depend on what kind of boots.  Same goes for arms with gauntlets.  As far as zippers, most will be covered by your flak vest.

Don't worry about cleaning your gloves, you are going to need to weather them anyways along with the rest of your soft parts.  Gloves actually look pretty good, I wish mine were as long as yours.

Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
OM Troops: 58
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit
B.E.A.R.D.S#137|Mando Rider#038|ALUMINATI#036 FMM|MLCS#026|Oribru Akaata#54|MVS#100
Re: Question about gloves and flight suit
« Reply #2 on: Sep 17, 2017, 11:49 AM »
Ok so the bagginess might be an issue. We'll have to see with the boots and gauntlets though. Thanks for that. Happy to hear that the gloves are fine though.

Also they're military grade flight gloves if you're curious. Not sure if they're always that long, but the ones I found were.

Ni haati talyc, ni haati ge'talyc.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!