Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Are these pouches approvable?

• 4 Replies
Are these pouches approvable?
« on: Oct 08, 2017, 09:23 PM »
So i came across some phone pouches at Dollar Tree the other day and thought they had potential. I know the CRLs state "no cell phone pouches for adult submissions" but I've seen other threads on here using the same pouches after modding them.
I started by using an extra piece of "leather" from a donor pouch to close up the side

I then used hot glue to seal the lid in place and make the pouch a little shorter and more of a Jango or Jedi style pouch, at least that's my opinion. The only photo I have for that is of the four pouches together but here it is

If these will work it's just a matter of some weathering to make them ready and if they won't work I'll only be out a few dollars and a couple hours of work. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
Re: Are these pouches approvable?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2017, 06:35 AM »
Looks like you modified them enough to pass.  If they don't, then you're barking up the right tree with only being out a few bucks and some time.

Ellen

• Call me Sha'el Cla
« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2017, 04:10 PM »
I think they look really good! You've inspired me!  :)

Design is everything. Why buy it when you can build it?
« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2017, 07:48 PM »
Wow, thanks, I don't think I've ever inspired anyone before. As much as I would have loved to make my own pouches from scratch I really just don't have the time or skill at the moment for anything more than this simple conversion.
Thanks again for the kind words.

« Reply #4 on: Oct 26, 2017, 04:16 PM »
i bought some for my kit, found i don't like the magnets on them tho. cool to see others use them, definitely needs some modding when first bought. im still thinking of modding ideas so i can use the pouch.

« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2017, 04:25 PM by timello » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!