Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jetpack CRLs

• 7 Replies

bluecwsoldier3

• Call me Chellhis, or Blue
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Force Hunter Brigade Member
Jetpack CRLs
« on: Oct 09, 2017, 10:50 PM »
Are there actually written jetpack CRLs? I'm putting a decent pile of work into mine before my initial submission and I am just wondering if there is a written requirement list so I know what I need to meet before I apply.

I also realize jetpacks are probably more of a brigade level item, but... go big or go home, and I'm not going home at this point! Lol

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
Re: Jetpack CRLs
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2017, 04:34 AM »
As an accessory item, jetpacks don't have specific CRLs.  It's pretty much whatever you want as long as it isn't recognizably from another property (Halo, Rocketeer, etc.)  I've got one made from parts of a Batman playset and Exo-squad toys and a bit of a Nerf gun, and another that's got wings (two different kits).  The only thing that the app team looks at is whether it's built badly.

bluecwsoldier3

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Force Hunter Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2017, 11:20 AM »
Ok thanks! Hopefully mine will meet the quality standards. I'd say it's looking decent if I do say so myself. I'll post a pic when it is closer to being finished.

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 2017, 02:19 PM »
It is always a good idea to share build progress pics so issues can be caught early and fixed before they are a matter of tearing the whole thing apart to replace a small piece.

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

bluecwsoldier3

« Reply #4 on: Oct 12, 2017, 11:32 PM »
Definitely. It's just a matter of getting the time to load them after I finish working on it for the night! Haha

Another question I have is, if I have a flame thrower on my gauntlet does the hose from the flame thrower have to attach to one of the fuel cells of the jet pack?

Cyberdemon

• Just point me at what you want destroyed
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Oct 16, 2017, 10:29 PM »
i don't think there is any rule about it. it would definitely look cool but i don't really think it matters. if its not in the crls your probably good.

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #6 on: Oct 17, 2017, 08:59 AM »
Most people's hoses don't connect to anything on both ends.

« Reply #7 on: Oct 17, 2017, 12:12 PM »
Most people's flame throwers "work" without a jetpack or fuel source... so yours could be separate. With that said... the option to attach it would set it off a bit  ;)
As for pictures... thing are often drying/setting/clamped at the end of a build session... so take pics first. Its nice to have pics at various stages, and has several benefits...
1. If you are doing something that won't pass spec later, members will let you know before you spend even more hours perfecting something that won't work. (there have been members who put in the time to build, multi-layer paint, and even black wash/weather something.... only to be told to make a basic change that will require redoing all of it (usually plate shape/size... but could be anything)
2. If we know the direction, we can often lend advice on how to do it better/easier. (don't permanently attach, use this fitting, use this glue, etc etc)
3. Or even advice on how to upgrade/change the design for the better. ("a bla bla greebly would look great there", or "a bit of damage/scuffing/2-tone there would look awesome", etc)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!