Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP - Clan Wren/Eldar Style Custom Kit

• 21 Replies

Ara Zoller

• The Traveling Mando
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
WIP - Clan Wren/Eldar Style Custom Kit
« on: Oct 27, 2017, 06:24 PM »
Well I've been planning my second kit since who knows how long (it's gone through many phases), and after sitting on the clan wren grunt style versus galaxies idea, I've finalized her. So here it is, my official WIP for Atika Zoller my twi'lek.

armor

helmet paint design w/out armored lekku

also giving her a full cape like in my profile pic, cause I'm ridiculous and love capes...

Most of it is wren/eldar plating with some customs (schnees with an ec17 holster, longer back to fit crls, cod plate). We realized the collar is one piece so we'll make it look like one but to keep accurate spacing of it up to my neck, we'll be making a seam. There's also a lot of overlays/trauma plating and we'll be having fun with electrical in this scheme. Also vambraces will be the look Ara has, to keep the family together. Unlike Ara's heavily trophy oriented kit, this'll be heavily focused on the armor's design. I'll be going for the light melee brigade with my fun weapon I'll be making after the armor. Biggest issue? Backplate. I have scoliosis so hoping this plate design doesn't accentuate it like most others and still covers 2/3 of my back.

With Thraxus' help, we heavily researched the female wren plates and drew up templates for the canon and custom design.

Almost done cutting and time to mold...

« Last Edit: Oct 27, 2017, 06:57 PM by Ara Zoller » Logged

Ara Book 1  IT-Mando's - #28 KObM'S - #21 Kilted - #150 MAJIC - #15 GOMOL. - #37 QMU - #16 LOB - #11 Writer - #12 MMRS

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: WIP - Clan Wren/Eldar Style Custom Kit
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 2017, 06:53 PM »
This should be fun to watch.   ;D

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #2 on: Oct 28, 2017, 06:28 AM »
You planning to separate the diamond or just engrave the space between it and the collar?

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Kai Ree'tat

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Oct 28, 2017, 01:44 PM »
Going to be following this build, I have been wanting to do a custom kit using this style of plates since they first appeared.

Thraxus Ky'ram Vorpan

• "Do you fear death?"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
« Reply #4 on: Oct 28, 2017, 02:46 PM »
You planning to separate the diamond or just engrave the space between it and the collar?

Separate diamond, not attached to any of the pieces.

Ara Zoller

• The Traveling Mando
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #5 on: Oct 29, 2017, 02:08 AM »
Kris, Thraxus replied but it'll be a separate piece like in rebels. It'll be a lighter blue to distinguish it as a the diamond though it is not diamond shaped. We'll be doing that tiny guy last after all spacing is finalized.

For now, an update.

We moulded...basically all the non overlays and the collar...only cause the collar sucks as we are keeping it close to the neck and one piece. That's our current guy to work on, but the back in perfect and it doesn't accentuate my curved spine! So for those with scoliosis and want canon templates...wren style.

Also for the thighs, mould as one piece and then cut them up into the thirds that exist. After collar piece, the last bit of boot/shin piece has to be done and then the diamond. We'll then be bracing the back of the areas that had to be slit and bondo and sand time comes. After all that, it's trauma plate time!

Ara Book 1  IT-Mando's - #28 KObM'S - #21 Kilted - #150 MAJIC - #15 GOMOL. - #37 QMU - #16 LOB - #11 Writer - #12 MMRS

GoldenCat

• Honorable Fighter
« Reply #6 on: Oct 29, 2017, 08:09 AM »
Cool!! So happy to see more and more Rebels armors *_*

Myra Tiin

• Outer Space Vandal
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #7 on: Oct 29, 2017, 08:52 AM »
Following this with interest !  ;)
Your plates are already looking really well shaped.

Desert ops Brigades - WIP  - Pixel Mandos
 QMU #017 - KOVA #002 - EMTS #118

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #8 on: Nov 01, 2017, 06:09 PM »
Following!

Looks like you’ve got a good start on your build!

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Ara Zoller

• The Traveling Mando
« Reply #9 on: Nov 06, 2017, 06:05 PM »
Updates! We went and cut and molded the chest more and have finally secured, sanded, bondo, and sanded it. After this we'll start the overlays.

Evaar'la Kal

• Pistachio!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: Nov 14, 2017, 12:39 PM »
It looks great so far!  I really like the style of clan when plates

Instagram: @evaarla_kal

Kai Ree'tat

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #11 on: Nov 14, 2017, 01:38 PM »
Looking awesome Ara, I love the design.

« Reply #12 on: Dec 10, 2017, 02:41 AM »
Sooooo awesome vod cant wait to see the finished product. I am too making a female build well I want to. I'll see how i can make it fit my body type. Did you use a template for the custom mando or is it original?

Thraxus Ky'ram Vorpan

• "Do you fear death?"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
« Reply #13 on: Dec 10, 2017, 02:45 AM »
Sooooo awesome vod cant wait to see the finished product. I am too making a female build well I want to. I'll see how i can make it fit my body type. Did you use a template for the custom mando or is it original?
We used the various references of the Female armor from Rebels and I then drafted the templates. There are differences and similarities between the rebels armor and the armor for Atika. It wont be exactly the same as the Female armor, but close to the style.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #14 on: Dec 10, 2017, 08:18 AM »
*Grabs popcorn*
Watching this with interest.  ;D

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Ara Zoller

• The Traveling Mando
« Reply #15 on: Feb 02, 2018, 05:42 PM »
Got surgery, now out of recovery so working on this again. Its basically all cut out but helmet pieces and diamond.

And yes, after 3 trials and errors, its a one piece collar. Waiting for led’s before we attach the overlays and finish up. Getting ready for paint now

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #16 on: Feb 02, 2018, 08:04 PM »
You're going to have to show us how you managed that! 😁

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Ara Zoller

• The Traveling Mando
« Reply #17 on: Feb 02, 2018, 09:05 PM »
With many curse words that arent pg rated, scrapping my forehead a lot, crying after 3 templates cut out of sintra and realizing we flopped. Its a modified boba fett collar on each side with 6 mil sintra, bondo and extra sintra in the weak points. In the end it hurt...a lot. But it worked! And now thraxus and i can duplicate it

Thraxus Ky'ram Vorpan

• "Do you fear death?"
« Reply #18 on: Feb 12, 2018, 11:49 PM »
Ara and I are almost done with painting, then leds and attaching the trauma plates to the base plates. Working on the lekku armor at the moment.

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #19 on: Feb 12, 2018, 11:55 PM »
Nice work!  This is coming along fabulously!

I'm sorry about the scrapes and crying.  But in the end it will be worth it.   :)

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Kai Ree'tat

« Reply #20 on: Feb 13, 2018, 09:42 AM »
 :o This is going to be amazing !!!!!!!

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #21 on: Feb 14, 2018, 10:38 AM »
Looking nice!

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!