Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ventress Bounty Hunter

• 6 Replies
Ventress Bounty Hunter
« on: Nov 07, 2017, 07:38 PM »
Hey guys, quick question (well two, actually).

Assassins' Brigade lists all Merc approved helmets, as well as custom designs, as usable as long as they are streamlined and don't have any excess articles.

1. Does this mean that if I were making a Modern Era Assassin armour that I would be able to use a helmet from a different era?

2. Are the Ventress Bounty Hunter and Death Stalker helmets from NME Props approved/usable for a Modern Era Assassin?

Cheers folks.

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Ventress Bounty Hunter
« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2017, 08:38 PM »
I don't think the Ventress  helmet is going to count as Mandalorian, but I could be wrong.   Can't speak to the BRL's for the rest, but I would suspect helmet still needs to be consistent with armor Era.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2017, 10:20 PM »
If you're building a Modern kit, the helmet has to be Modern as well. So Nite Owls, Death Watch, NME Assassin, etc... Those will be fine.

The Ventress helmet is hers, so that most likely will not be acceptable.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2017, 11:16 PM »
Ventress’ helmet is a no Vod. Crusader helmets are not easily made to fit the modern aesthetic but there are ways to make some crusader helmets into modern helmets.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #4 on: Nov 08, 2017, 09:53 AM »
Modding a deathstalker into a modern is doable, but it's also a lot of work. If you really want to do it, I suggest keeping a close eye on the CRLs and coming up with a very clear plan of  approach. Make sure the app team is in the loop too.

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.
« Reply #5 on: Nov 10, 2017, 07:10 PM »
i've been kinda curious as to what ventress' helmet is, to be honest. in TCW, young boba wears a similar helmet, and that nearly same helmet is used by ketsu onyo (who is listed as being a mandalorian mercenary, working for black sun)

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2017, 09:29 AM »
Negative, these helmets are not mandalorian. In the case of Boba and Ketsu, just because mandalorians wear them, doesn't make the armor mandalorian.

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!