Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

British Columbia Stronghold: Alor’ad Nomination for the Formation of Clan

• 8 Replies

Kaden'Dha Runi

• Mandaddy
  • Bringing Vengeance to the Galaxy
  • Awards Celebration Chicago 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 100 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
All Official MMCC Members:

One of the things the British Columbia Stronghold must do prior to submitting a Clan Application is to decide whom your Alor'ad will be.

As the Official Members for British Columbia Stronghold Clan, it is your responsibility to decide if you would like to take on the responsibility of leading your clan.  You may only nominate yourself.  No member may nominate another member.  The reason for this is to ensure that only those members who seriously wish to become the Alor’ad, and live up to the duties and responsibilities of the position, be included as candidates.

Only Official Members in good standing may run for election of a leadership position.

To assist you in deciding whether you want to be that person, I have listed the Alor’ad duties, per the Codex and the Bylaws below:

Codex:
" Alor’ad (Commanding Officer):
The Alor’ad is elected by the Clan membership. The Alor’ad is the chief administrator of the Clan and is responsible for the operations of the Clan and the coordination of events that occur within the Clan's boundaries. The Alor’ad is responsible for maintaining communications with the Regional Conclave, Command Council and Mand’alor. The Alor’ad also appoints the Clan officers and staff, and administers local forum rules. The Alor’ad is the principal representative of the Clan membership on the Regional Conclave, and Command Council, and is responsible for assigning additional required Council representatives from the Clan.
Bylaws:
" Clan Commanding Officers (Alor’ad) are reviewed and elected annually from within the local Clan’s official membership.  Alor’ad must be a member in good standing of the MMCC.  These officers command the local units of the MMCC, and represent their Clan membership within the Clan Roundtable as well as elect Regional Commanders.  A more detailed description of Alor’ad duties can be found in chapter 2.1 of the Mandalorian Mercs Officer Handbook."

In addition to these descriptions of duty, it is expected that the Alor’ad will be active on the Mercs forums at least 1 hour a week to update themselves on clan business, MMCC updates and business, and to record and report any Invasion activity for the clan.  The Alor’ad must also take responsibility for reporting all Invasion Reports to the CAO Team within 2 weeks of the date the Invasion took place.

All Nominees must answer these 3 questions:

1) Why did you join the MMCC?
2)what leadership positions have you held, education or experience(s) do you have that make you a good candidate for Alor’ad?
3)What motivates you to run for Alor’ad?

Upon election, the new Alor’ad will receive a notification with a more detailed list of specific duties and expectations.  It is important that all candidates understand the responsibility you are choosing to take on.

The election will be held as follows:
I will be accepting nominations for a period of 7 days, from 11/13/17 to 11/21/17 at midnight GMT (Greenwich Mean Time).  Post your nomination in this thread.  ONLY POST NOMINATIONS IN THIS THREAD.  YOU MAY ONLY NOMINATE YOURSELF.

After the 7 day nomination period, I will post another thread for the Elections.

Elections will be held for a period of 7 days, from 11/22/17 to 11/30/17 at midnight GMT (Greenwich Mean Time).

I will notify the clan and the Regional Commander as to the outcome.

Members, I urge you to take some time and think about the duties of the Alor’ad.  Essentially, the Alor’ad is responsible for the clan.  The Alor’ad needs to ensure that clan communication is open and honest, ensures the path of the clan is in line with Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club Codex and Bylaws, and maintains a positive and family friendly environment within the clan.

As always, I am here to assist in any way that I can.  If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2017, 02:31 PM by Kaden'Dha Runi » Logged
Manda'galaar Clan Los Angeles, CA (USA) #0348      "Hell Hath No Fury Like Mando Vengeance"     M.A.J.I.C. #0051     B.O.M.B. #0013

paradoxdj

• Awards 40% increase or more Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Read and understood. Vor'e Kaden'Dha Runi!

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
Thanks for handling the election, Kaden'dha.

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Ciryc Ca'tra

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 40% increase or more
I would like to nominate myself for the position of Alor'ad.

1) Why did you join the MMCC?

I've been a fan of Star Wars for a long time, watching the movies, shows and reading the books. When I was attending conventions as a cosplayer, i often saw mandalorian's and admired their custom costumes. When my long time client from the hair salon started talking about the charity aspects of the club, I knew it was something I needed to be a part of.

2)What leadership positions have you held, education or experience(s) do you have that make you a good candidate for Alor’ad?

For the last almost 12 years I have been managing a hair salon. I have been working with a core group of individuals as well as bringing new employees and integrating them into our hardworking team, this has enhanced the value of teamwork and skill assessment. With our busy salon, networking and client relations are key to our success, and I believe my experience in this area will help greatly in my continued organization of local charity events such as The Canuck Place Hospice.

3)What motivates you to run for Alor’ad?

Why I am nominating myself for Alor'ad is because I believe that my management experience coupled with love of Star Wars, mandalorians, and raising money for charity will help move our clan, and club forward.

Thank you for your consideration.

Wasu'ran Clan/ Alo'rad/ MMCC#1851/ V.O.T.S. #78
Acknowledged

TRM-MMCC-0117
Strength an Honour

I'M NOT RETIRED!!  just upgrading!..... again!
Sector Victoria BC

http://mandalorianmercs.org/who-we-are/club-charter/mercs-codex/

http://mandalorianmercs.org/who-we-are/mission-history/

Talren Adira

• Awards 40% increase or more Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
Understood

Gnar-Gnar

• Awards 40% increase or more
Acknowledged, and understood.

Kaden'Dha Runi

• Mandaddy
  • Bringing Vengeance to the Galaxy
  • Awards Celebration Chicago 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 100 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
All British Columbia Stronghold members:

JenC was the only nominee for the Alor'ad position of the forming new clan, so congratulations to JenC!

I have sent JenC a PM instructing her what the next steps are.

Manda'galaar Clan Los Angeles, CA (USA) #0348      "Hell Hath No Fury Like Mando Vengeance"     M.A.J.I.C. #0051     B.O.M.B. #0013

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!