Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mune Krolagg Custom Mando WIP

• 6 Replies
Mune Krolagg Custom Mando WIP
« on: Dec 01, 2017, 08:29 PM »
Just ordered my set of armor including helmet.  Yay, I figured I would start a WIP thread to run my ideas by you wonderful folks :)
It will be Loki/Norse inspired with a green/black/gold color scheme. 

Havelock

• The Motivat'alor | I've got a link for that.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Mune Krolagg Custom Mando WIP
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2017, 10:34 PM »
Very interesting.  I'd like to know more.   ;D

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett | Mk I | Mk II | Havelock Fiction | Invasions - 19
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2018, 08:36 PM »
Just received  my set of armor, helmet and flak vest.  I want to start working on my girth belt and was thinking about making one from think craft foam covered in cotton duck and using 550 paracord wrapped.  I wanted to use velcro as a closure,  any anyone have any luck with this or should i rethink it.  Thanks.   I will start posting pics as I go on with my build now that i have most of the items. :D

« Reply #3 on: Apr 21, 2018, 03:45 PM »
Got the flak vest and started to prep the  armor.  I decided to go with gold armor since the flight suit is black 2 piece and vest is darker.  I want to try and make the shoulder bells similar to Loki's in The Dark World.  Any recommendations on what to use to build the pattern on the armor.  It's  HIPS.  Sorry, not sure how to upload pics :(

Slade Kel

• Formerly 'Slade Kel (Marrok)'
  • Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #4 on: Apr 21, 2018, 04:14 PM »
The following link shows how to go about uploading pictures; it's pretty imperative to do so as it's hard to give advice based solely on description.
https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=73613.msg1622030#msg1622030

As I understand it, the shoulder sections of Loki's jacket in The Dark World are pretty straightforward geometric shapes, so it should just be a matter of grabbing a pencil, rule and piece of paper to start with. You'll want to figure out the dimensions you want and pretty much just start sketching. It's a bit tricky trying to describe how to design templates without being able to show, but it's really just a matter of getting one half just right and then you can just fold the paper and cut it out so that both side are symmetrical. Judging by the first couple of results in Google images, the design isn't wildly different from standard Fett shoulder bells, just placed differently. It should be doable to make a Loki inspired shoulder plate that won't look like a crossover or out of place.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144
« Reply #6 on: Jul 19, 2018, 10:30 PM »
Working on my shoulder bells and wanted to incorporate Loki;s shoulder design. Do you think it will be an issue getting it approved since it isn't a mandalorian animal?     https://i.imgur.com/RHS2gvj.jpg

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!