Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Project Chickadee

• 49 Replies

Mashukir Prudiise

• Awards Celebration Chicago 15+ invasions in 2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
Project Chickadee
« on: Dec 11, 2017, 03:35 PM »
I'll admit, I've been putting this off, enjoying it as my little secret, but seeing as the cat will be to of the bag soon.... and a few people know already, here goes nothing.  I've been working on this wip on my computer for a while, an updating stuff as it comes in....

So I decided I wanted another Mando kit.  Knowing me, it isn’t going to be a “lightweight” kit, though it should be arguably lighter than my black kit.

I wanted this one to be the opposite of my black kit.  So white, cupped, and steel, rather than black, flat and aluminium.  (because I never do anything the easy way, and I still have no experience with sintra)

So here we begin…. Stop me if you’ve seen these pictures anywhere else before…

Small One and my friend made my DTD

It got shipped flat, but appears to have made it to its new home unscathed, and make a new friend

Then I picked out flight suit pattern, and material

Kama arrived from Aria!!

The armour was started… and apparently the compressor broke as it was being made…

and the next progress pic I have

I am SO anxious to have her here with me, instead of only seeing progress pics.  I miss having the control of to being made locally, but I have no doubt that it will be worth the wait.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 09:10 AM by Mashukir Prudiise » Logged

Ordeyn

• MMCC #0629
  • Awards Celebration Chicago 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Ny Prudiise
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2017, 09:56 PM »
So excite. Much anticipation. Wow. 8)

- Taakure Clan -

Den Barren

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2017, 12:10 AM »
Very nice! Mandalore crafts beautiful armor! I’m excited to see this progress!

Mashukir Prudiise

• Awards Celebration Chicago 15+ invasions in 2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2017, 08:32 PM »
I can’t wait to see what’s next in my build.... I’m so impatient.  (And no great updates yet....). I just started my vacation, so I should start my flightsuit soon.

Edit 12/30: There was another livestream today, so my thighs, cod and one shin are formed, getting there!

« Last Edit: Dec 30, 2017, 07:05 PM by Mashukir Prudiise » Logged

Ran

• Not the crown makes the king.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 2017, 02:36 PM »
Metalll armorrrrrrrr!...

Scratch Build WIP
Art Thread
"Can your science explain the magic of rainbows?"
"Light defraction through moisture in the atmosphere."
"... It's a sad world you live in."

Mashukir Prudiise

« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2017, 04:03 PM »
part of my lower body....  it is so sexy...  Cant wait till it is here.

Metalll armorrrrrrrr!...

Second set of metal.... I can't be trusted with Sintra, I'm kinda clumsy.

« Last Edit: Jan 01, 2018, 02:59 PM by Mashukir Prudiise » Logged

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #6 on: Jan 01, 2018, 02:29 PM »
I can't wait to see everything put together!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Mashukir Prudiise

« Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2018, 04:29 PM »
So.....my armour continues, the backplate is done (sadly no pictures), and gauntlets started on today’s livestream.

As for paint..... well, I know it will be white and grey, probably black, but I’m letting the actual scheme be a surprise.

Sorry for the non-update.

Mashukir Prudiise

« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2018, 12:32 PM »
New question.... Can I use this as a girth belt?  (It'll have a proper closure) I'll have a pouch belt as well...

Havelock

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2018, 03:28 PM »
Is it going to  be wide enough to cover the gap between your cod and ab?  If so, I'd think that would work.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett

Mashukir Prudiise

« Reply #10 on: Jan 24, 2018, 03:36 PM »
Is it going to  be wide enough to cover the gap between your cod and ab?  If so, I'd think that would work.

I won’t be sure till it gets here, but I can’t see why it shouldn’t. It won’t be like my current 6” girthbelt, but it is a good 4” side track.

Den Barren

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #11 on: Jan 24, 2018, 03:48 PM »
The girth for my first kit is about 4” wide. With proper placement it should cover the right amount of space. Should look pretty awesome vod!

Ran

• Not the crown makes the king.
« Reply #12 on: Jan 24, 2018, 04:12 PM »
Either way it's fleeping cool!

Scratch Build WIP
Art Thread
"Can your science explain the magic of rainbows?"
"Light defraction through moisture in the atmosphere."
"... It's a sad world you live in."

Havelock

« Reply #13 on: Jan 24, 2018, 04:36 PM »
^^ That ^^   :P

Draceline

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Special Weapons
« Reply #14 on: Feb 02, 2018, 12:06 AM »
I can't wait to see this beauty in person!

"As Mandalorians, we don't need the Force.
But should you ever want it on your side, don't give it a choice:
Make the Force be with you."

Armor - Soft Parts - Buy'ce - Armory
MARS #47 | NOS #02 | LOB #18 | Draluram #8 | MAJIC #161

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!