Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My Late Crusader

• 37 Replies

reguillet

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
My Late Crusader
« on: Dec 12, 2017, 05:32 PM »
I am working on splitting my current OM Kit into 2 kits. I will have a modern and a late crusader,

I have my Concept Boba Helmet here with my knees and elbows.
based on the reference picture bleow I figure the layer directly under the chest plate is some kind of fabric or leather

I am working on a "flack vest" -ish layer to mount my armor on.

in my current shoulders I have a stylized mythosaur skull, but I want to remove it and go with something from
that era. (My first child was born this year, which Is when I added the rose and the text "lita" on the grey shoulder. I was given the green light before, but if it needs to change let me know.)

« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2018, 12:23 PM by reguillet » Logged

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions 267th Rapid Assault
Re: My Late Crusader
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2017, 11:33 AM »
The rose and the letter shouldn't be an issue, there are rose like flowers in star wars and mando'a is mando'a even in the crusader era so you are fine in that regards.

As for the other shoulder armor sigil, I would suggest going with the crusader symbol or one of the other symbols from that era.

Another thing to keep in mind and this is key with the non-modern era builds is that you cannot have ANYTHING modern on your kit, that means weapons, sigils, the shape of plates and so on. So that is something to be mindful of as you build your kit, just be careful not cross that line. The closer you stick to your reference images the better off you will be in the long run.

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2017, 08:47 PM »
On my Rohlan kit (your crusader reference) I’ll be doing a leather/vinyl vest with pleats on the side to get those side details like that photo. I’m doing the layered sintra look. Seriously the ab section will have two small plates mounted over the larger ab section.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

reguillet

« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2017, 09:13 AM »
thanks for the input guys!
I have a question about the flack vest, does it have to be the same color as the armor?
I want to make a flack vest out of quilted material, and my chest plates to be grey, but they don't make grey quilting. I might try to dye white material but in the event that it doesn't go well, I want to make sure I can use black material.

this is what I have so far.

I plan to make my chest plates like these.

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2017, 09:50 AM »
Your armor vest color doesn't have to match your plates, you don't even have to have an armor vest per the Crusader CRLs. So there is that as well  :laugh:

reguillet

« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2017, 11:28 AM »
I understand, but I would like to. I also know the CRL says the cod can be a soft cod with armor on it. Is my current “combination” cod going to be an issue? I will be using a very dark blue jump suit.

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2017, 11:40 AM »
There are no issues with "combination" cods, also on the topic just saying that there is no color restrictions related to an armor vest :)

reguillet

« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 2017, 11:53 AM »
I am just trying to be thurough. In most of the references the cod unit (and chest armor) seems to be all one color. If i find it to be too astetically displeasing I will consider painting the cod plate black or something. A certain amount of contrast is what I want in my design, but maybe not there.

reguillet

« Reply #8 on: Jan 30, 2018, 01:43 PM »
I want to make a personal shield generator to wear on my belt. this is my modern reference:

here is a special edition computer mouse that is SWTOR themed:

and here is my concept:

I wanted to make a blaster aswell, I have this reference photo of a blaster that I think is a modern era slug thrower:

and here is a blaster I want to emulate:

this is where I am at so far:

and here is my Rocket launcher progress:

and lastly, here is my armor progress:

« Last Edit: Feb 13, 2018, 09:26 AM by reguillet » Logged

reguillet

« Reply #9 on: Feb 14, 2018, 10:33 AM »
I have made some progress with mu shield generator and pistol (I will be shortening the grip by 3/4 inch

I suffered a setback on my back plate.

reguillet

« Reply #10 on: Feb 26, 2018, 12:23 PM »
3d printing can be a cruel mistress

once I got the pistol sanded, I made a holster mock up out of fun foam, I am now ready to cut my leather

then I made a new back plate:

update 2/28/18
I am almost done with my LC sidearm. I am trying to figure out color options

what do yall think?

« Last Edit: Mar 05, 2018, 09:11 AM by reguillet » Logged

reguillet

« Reply #11 on: Mar 05, 2018, 09:52 AM »

After the picture was taken, i cut an inch of off the ab plate and picked up the right shoulder, then I removed the Velcro for the elbows. I may put them back, but for now I took them off.

« Last Edit: Mar 05, 2018, 02:39 PM by reguillet » Logged

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
« Reply #12 on: Mar 05, 2018, 10:04 AM »
That is really starting to come together nicely  :D

reguillet

« Reply #13 on: Mar 07, 2018, 02:36 PM »

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
« Reply #14 on: Mar 07, 2018, 03:38 PM »
That has come together really nicely  :D

reguillet

« Reply #15 on: Mar 07, 2018, 05:49 PM »
I am adding studs to the left shoulder, a rose to the right, and

To the chest

Then I will finish the blaster. After that I think I am ready to apply. I will post pics here and in my regional “Pre app” page.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #16 on: Mar 17, 2018, 09:01 PM »
This looks dope! Your thighs and shins look a little bare compared to the otherwise relatively 'heavy' look of the armor, but overall it came out great. I particularly like the weathering; very distinct, but still light and leaving the look of a well-maintained suit of armor.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144
« Reply #17 on: Mar 28, 2018, 07:53 AM »
Fierfek! That's a beauty!
Great kit, ner vod!

Go and die lonely.

Karl Dha'Werda

• MMCC Karl & Rex Dha'Werda &RL/TDE Karl Darklighter
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Donated four quarters of 2023. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #18 on: Mar 28, 2018, 08:28 AM »
Fantastic looking LC kit Vod!

Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
OM Troops: 85
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit
B.E.A.R.D.S#137|Mando Rider#038|ALUMINATI#036 FMM|MLCS#026|Oribru Akaata#54|MVS#100

NiteWolf

• Rann Novon Cat#-2088
« Reply #19 on: Aug 05, 2018, 04:03 AM »
Kit looks great, the only thing I see that needs more work is the blaster cause I can tell that it is basicly a cosmos dragoon laser pistol from  space pirate captain Harlock.

Concordia Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc - 2020
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor - 2021

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #20 on: Aug 05, 2018, 03:00 PM »
Kit looks great, the only thing I see that needs more work is the blaster cause I can tell that it is basicly a cosmos dragoon laser pistol from  space pirate captain Harlock.
Look up cad banes blasters.

QMU#084

reguillet

« Reply #21 on: Aug 06, 2018, 07:19 AM »
Could that be used in a Late Crusader build?

Bowfanny

« Reply #22 on: Aug 06, 2018, 02:03 PM »
Could that be used in a Late Crusader build?
Unfortunately not backwards compatible but yours look very similar.

QMU#084

reguillet

« Reply #23 on: Sep 24, 2020, 10:59 AM »
its been a while, this is my approved LC
https://imgur.com/KuDaMDK

https://imgur.com/hn5cAHz

upgraded visor:
https://imgur.com/xNCFwyP

blaster project BL-28 inspired build:
https://imgur.com/p9yxgFb

going to modify this
[Imgur]http://(https://i.imgur.com/w9BfpUL.jpg)

« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2020, 02:13 PM by reguillet » Logged

Karl Dha'Werda

• MMCC Karl & Rex Dha'Werda &RL/TDE Karl Darklighter
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Donated four quarters of 2023. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #24 on: Sep 25, 2020, 08:17 AM »
Nice Job Vod!

Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
OM Troops: 85
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit
B.E.A.R.D.S#137|Mando Rider#038|ALUMINATI#036 FMM|MLCS#026|Oribru Akaata#54|MVS#100

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!