Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Examples of 'rough stamped metal'

• 3 Replies

Verd Tracinya

• Monsters don't always walk on all fours.
Examples of 'rough stamped metal'
« on: Dec 14, 2017, 08:28 PM »
So in the EC guidelines it says metal is allowed but it has to be rough stamped metal. As i live in a small apt and will most likely be getting most of my kit off amazon i was looking for metal parts and found these.

I like the style and i could modify them for EC fairly easily, but my question is on what exactly does 'rough stamped metal' look like?

Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #116
V.A.B.S. #???

"If that's what needs to be sacrificed to save the world, it's better to let that world die."

Sep Ho'ban

• Formerly 'Quingin'
Re: Examples of 'rough stamped metal'
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2017, 09:24 AM »
go to town on those with a hammer to make them look more "barbarian" and less "knight of the table round."   In general for EC, "Space Barbarian" is a pretty good guideline. 

Verd Tracinya

• Monsters don't always walk on all fours.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2017, 02:22 PM »
Perfect. As long as i can use things like this and just beat them like crazy i'm all set for my concept. Thanks!

Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #116
V.A.B.S. #???

"If that's what needs to be sacrificed to save the world, it's better to let that world die."

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2017, 06:14 PM »
Also dirt. I add a layer of clear lacquer and then acrylic blackwash over the entire thing. If it scratches off it just looks like a fresh mark that's newer than the dirt and grime.

I find that putting metal against something like gravel and then softly hammering from the inside can give enough of a scratched and dinged surface without adjusting the shaping of plates.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

WIP's: EC, Twi'lek, Demolitions

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!