Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP - Valkyrie's First Kit

• 2 Replies

theValkyrie

• "Some girls just want to be warlords..."
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Beastmaster Brigade Member
WIP - Valkyrie's First Kit
« on: Feb 14, 2018, 10:10 AM »
Hello everyone, Just wanting to post this here for some tips.
I'm making my first ever kit out of 3mm sintra in black - I've darted the breastplates to make them fit better but I'm worried about placement.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance!

“The quickest way to a man's heart is through the fourth and fifth ribs.”
OM since May 26, 2018

wmmbuzzkill

• Awards 40% increase or more Special Operations Brigade Member Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: WIP - Valkyrie's First Kit
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2018, 10:26 AM »
from what I can see your chest plates look a little bit too wide, your placement of the chest diamond should really be centered on the flat of the inside of the plates, and your collar plate looks like it needs to be cut slightly more angled to follow the profile of your upper chest plates but i cant tell from the photo. your maximum plate gap is 1/2" and it appears to be more than that in this photo. I always suggest tightening up your gaps to less than 1/2" just to make things easier on yourself in the long run.

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: WIP - Valkyrie's First Kit
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2018, 12:09 PM »
I would recommend taking a full picture from further back so we can assess scale better. It'll make seeing what needs to be done a little bit easier  :D

The greatest act of deception I ever pulled was convincing people I knew what I was doing.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!