Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Firstimers soft parts WIP

• 1 Replies
Firstimers soft parts WIP
« on: Jan 03, 2018, 03:41 PM »
Hi, I'm making my first mandalorian costume and hopefully will be one day a member.

As I don't have any history of making armoured costume or mandalorian, just one jedi for rebel legion, all tips, hints and obsevations are more than wellcome.

Edit: Just bought a girth belt and security blade and an other from a fellow costumer who had them extra. Will do fine.

I have a green old military flight/jumpsuit which I'm using. I remowed those flagpatches and reflector stripes and figured that I also have to hide zippers from lower hip and ankle pockets and hide also side zippers from ankles. Do I need to hide that main zipper and chest pocket zippers or is it okay if they are hidden under vest, sash etc?

My plan is to make vest from green military shirt which is quite sturdy cotton. I also have a black tactical vest which is made of even thicker fabric but it's model or shape doesn't work well for chest armour. Maybe I could make it work backwards but I also kinda don't like the idea of black vest.

For neck collar my idea was to use green tube balaclava but I'm not sure is it acceptable?

For shoes I found green ankle boots which work quite well as I hide those side zippers somehow.

As my plan is to make mainly white armour with some green, yellow and maybe red detailing I was thinking to make a white cape with thin green stripes from a canvas I happened to come by.

For ammo and grenade pouches I have old military pouches made from real sturdy leather which I think are going to work fine.

Here are some pics of the stuff. Your ideas and thoughts are highly appreciated!

Forgot my pouches and cloves. Here goes.
And I forgot to ask is it allowed for a mandalorian to have an "earthly" belt buckle or should it be a "plate" like Luke's and Han's?

Pouches

Cloves

« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2018, 05:19 PM by Novarider » Logged

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Firstimers soft parts WIP
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2018, 11:46 PM »

As part of my moderation duties I must request that you please avoid Double Posting in the forums.  This is against forum rules as documented HERE.

Double Posts - Please refrain from posting immediately after yourself, also known as 'double posting'.
If no one has replied use the "modify" button to update your post.
WIP threads and other similar threads that have new content being added are exempt from this rule, provided the posts have useful new posts being added.
In such exemptions, replies to multiple questions when attempting to catch up should still be combined into single posts.
Moderators will exercise their best judgement, if you feel an error was made please contact the Moderator Lead and Tech Officer via PM.

The posts have been combined.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!