Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Finding / getting a mounting system

• 2 Replies
Finding / getting a mounting system
« on: Jan 02, 2018, 06:54 PM »
Hi, I am a first time maker and I have my plates generally lined out but I am trying to figure out how I will mount them. I've read that in canon they wore armorweave flight suits and I'm not sure how I would find / make one to fit me.

So what I'm asking is does anyone have tips on how to go about mounting them and a suit to mount them on. Plus is it possible to do a lower body system based in military BDUs(Battle Dress Uniform, the cargo pants looking things) as I have found them incredibly comfortable and durable. The BDU system also brings into question upper body.

Sorry that it is rambley, I will be making a general thread that goes over the actual armor plates as well. Ask if you have any more details you need from me.
-- UniXsolvent

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Finding / getting a mounting system
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2018, 08:03 PM »
To meet the CRL's for approval, you'll need to make a vest to mount your plates to that you'll wear on top of your flight suit.   There are various tutorials ont he board for how to make a vest, or you can check out the supply depot if you're interested in buying one.  People mount the plates to the vest in various ways -- velcro, bolts, magnets -- I have legacy plates and they're all strapped together and drop over my vest. 

Plus is it possible to do a lower body system based in military BDUs(Battle Dress Uniform, the cargo pants looking things) as I have found them incredibly comfortable and durable. The BDU system also brings into question upper body.

2 piece flight suits are allowed, but your top would need to be the same fabric as the pants.  Exposed pockets (With the exception of the Boba-style front --not side like bdus-- of upper thigh pocket)  are NOT allowed, so they would either need to be removed, or covered with armor. 

Re: Finding / getting a mounting system
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2018, 03:38 PM »
Awesome, thank you for the advice

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!