Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Comments/Quesions on CRL's

• 132 Replies

Aden be orar

• Laughing, always laughing from the void
Re: Comments/Quesions on CRL's
« Reply #120 on: May 12, 2017, 05:06 PM »
What about making an Arg'garok?

Have you ever been lost in space? The silence is almost..... MADDENING HAHAHAHA!!!

Naran Baatar

• Formerly 'Ghosthammer54'
  • "The Khan"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 267th Rapid Assault Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Special Weapons
« Reply #121 on: May 12, 2017, 10:13 PM »
Yep, you could make one of those. Just make sure it is the old republic era version and not the modern era one.

Tomar Laval

• Formerly 'Hflagman'
  • I am a total Shiny but I'll learn.
« Reply #122 on: Jul 08, 2017, 11:40 AM »
Does this antenna seem to fit the helmet ok?

« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2017, 12:43 PM by Tomar Laval » Logged
Good....Bad.....I'm the man with a blaster...

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 267th Rapid Assault Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Special Weapons
« Reply #123 on: Jul 08, 2017, 12:58 PM »
Yep, that is an era appropriate antenna

« Reply #124 on: Oct 04, 2017, 06:32 AM »
Hello,

i have a Question about the Crusader Chestplate, would a Shoretrooper Chestplate be approved?

I think it looks like a SWTOR Mando Chestplate.

Thanks for Answers.

Best Regards
Abesh

Who let the Troops out?!

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
« Reply #125 on: Oct 04, 2017, 07:04 AM »
You would need to modify it in such a way that it no longer looked like a Shoretrooper chest plate, and looked more like a Crusader era Mandalorian chest plate. But in theory it could work. I would suggest working up a concept first and submitting it via the Mandalorian Q&A board for review. Last thing anyone wants is for you to drop the money on a shore trooper chest plate if the concept you have in mind isn't going to work.

That board is located here: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?board=420.0

The issue really comes down to the fact that you are starting with something that is both not Mandalorian and from the wrong era. Like I said in theory it is doable, but it will require work to modify to make it approval. It is doable, but it would be an expense way to go with. Just something to keep in mind.

Jennari

• "A warrior is more than one's armor."
« Reply #126 on: Feb 24, 2018, 10:30 PM »
I've got a few questions concerning Neo-Crusader builds. Sorry if they might seem stupid, or they may already have been asked. I've looked at the CRLs, but sometimes you need to check in with the experts.

Would this helmet work? It specifically says it's Mercs-approved, but I had to ask.       

When it says capes and kamas are acceptable, does that include these?       

Would it be possible to use either of these guns?

Three things regarding this pic. In the CRLs, it specifically states that you need back armor, and that your kit needs
white detailing. But judging by this picture, that armor has no back covering (unless the jet pack counts), and the white detailing is more gray; which, yes, would probably be the result of weathering. But the detailing isn't always pure white, and I've even seen some in-universe characters whose detailing has just been a paler shade of their armor's main color. So if anyone can shed some light on that, I'd appreciate it. And this answer may be obvious, but is that jet pack acceptable?

And finally, are armor plates on the arms acceptable?                 

These pics (except for the helmet) are all taken from comics featuring Neo-Crusaders, so these questions may have obvious answers, but I wanted to be sure about them. Thanks.

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
« Reply #127 on: Feb 24, 2018, 10:59 PM »
So the helmet is approvable for a neo-crusader, as are the weapons. The other stuff not so much, neo crusaders have a rather strict set of CRLs in terms of what can and cannot be customize and like with all non-modern era builds it is a very good idea to have reference pictures on hand. Now if you did want to use the pictures from the comics you post the best way to make armor in those style would be to instead make a Crusader era kit. But then you couldn't use the weapon.

Dekan Korr

• Shebs Buy'ce
« Reply #128 on: May 10, 2018, 06:04 PM »
Probably should have asked here rather than starting a new thread. My next build is probably going to be late Crusader Era, heavily inspired by the current load out on my SWTOR Bounty Hunter. I do have a concern with the chest plates, though. They're layered and cut in a way that leaves the distinct impression of a diamond. I really like the way this armor looks, to include the cutout, but am not sure whether or not it would be approvable.

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing. By orders of magnitude. || Me on Thingiverse || Invasions: 9

Kol Hokan

• No one calls me the Wolf. I've been lying. :P
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #129 on: Sep 05, 2018, 06:03 PM »
Probably should have asked here rather than starting a new thread. My next build is probably going to be late Crusader Era, heavily inspired by the current load out on my SWTOR Bounty Hunter. I do have a concern with the chest plates, though. They're layered and cut in a way that leaves the distinct impression of a diamond. I really like the way this armor looks, to include the cutout, but am not sure whether or not it would be approvable.

Has this question been answered?  There are several different styles of Mandalorian armor in SWTOR that sport a variation of the chest diamond (some of which are not true "diamond" shape), typically they are recessed.  SWTOR armor has been classified as Crusader era armor, so is the App Team taking this into account when judging current apps despite the outdated CRL?

Alex Cole .... Clan: Concordia .... CAT#: 0787
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor (North End) 2018-present
Concordia Clan Alor'ad 2013-2016
Brigade Marshal 2014-2016
501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175

Bowfanny

• GENERAL SHINANIGATOR
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #130 on: Sep 05, 2018, 07:31 PM »
My understanding is that thereís no actual diamond itís simply a cutout.

Dekan Korr

• Shebs Buy'ce
« Reply #131 on: Sep 05, 2018, 07:36 PM »
Outstanding!

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing. By orders of magnitude. || Me on Thingiverse || Invasions: 9

Kol Hokan

• No one calls me the Wolf. I've been lying. :P
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #132 on: Sep 10, 2018, 07:12 PM »

Great to know! Thanks for the update, Bow.

Alex Cole .... Clan: Concordia .... CAT#: 0787
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor (North End) 2018-present
Concordia Clan Alor'ad 2013-2016
Brigade Marshal 2014-2016
501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!