Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Comments/Quesions on CRL's

• 153 Replies

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Comments/Quesions on CRL's
« Reply #25 on: Jul 17, 2009, 04:37 AM »
in the game, canderous had out of armor appearances. i believe he was working as hired security at that time,

anyway, yes that set would be acceptable as a neo crusader era mandalorian. you could apply as canderous ordo with that set. again, we would be using compiled artwork of that set to judge the submission. so, it would need to be spot on!

good luck with your build!  8)

« Reply #26 on: Jul 17, 2009, 04:49 AM »
 ;D
Thanks for your answers ^^
I'm very happy to know that it would be acceptable. I'm thinking of this armor kit for a long time and I finally begin it in the hope I could wear it as an official member.

Thanks again, soon I'll post a topic with WIP shots  ;)

Regards

Steve (DZ3862)

EDIT : is the Merc's CRL the same as 501st's one ? Or will I asked the 501st LMO to approve my armor when it will be finished ?

« Last Edit: Jul 17, 2009, 08:17 AM by stevechewbacca » Logged

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #27 on: Jul 17, 2009, 02:39 PM »
Unless you'rebuilding a Boba Fett, Jango Fett, Jaster Mereel or Jodo Kast anything you bui9ld for Mercs will not be approved by the 501st.

If you do a canon character with 3 canon references, you could petition for membership but, none of what we do here is allowed in the 501st, hence the creation of this club.

« Reply #28 on: Jul 17, 2009, 03:38 PM »
OK thanks for this precision ^^
i think I'll make it approvable to the merc's and ask for the 501st as it's a particular character.

Thx again

steve

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #29 on: Jul 17, 2009, 04:31 PM »
I don't believe the 501st has approved any other Mandalorian character other than Jodo Kast, Boba Fett, Jango Fett (both versions) and Jaster Mereel.  Even though we use the term "canon" with Canderous Ordo, we're referring to the fact that he's a specific character and not just some random Mando fodder.

It's highly doubtful that the 501st would approve a Canderous Ordo costume.  But as long as the Mercs CRLs are followed it should be no problem here.

« Reply #30 on: Jul 18, 2009, 03:58 AM »
So... where does this guy fit in?

Metal plates made to look like bone, with a hybrid bone-metal helmet, some kinda breathing tubes... and lots of spikes!  ;D

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Hondo Karr

« Reply #31 on: Jul 18, 2009, 05:13 AM »
i would call that a sith wars era mandalorian. although there are aspects about it that could make it late or kotor era, it screams taung to me!

« Reply #32 on: Jul 18, 2009, 06:11 AM »
Can we just say that he's a KOTOR-era Mandalorian who's a lot into history and prefers his armor to look archaic? Hehehe... ;D

Apparently, it screams Taung to the Big Boss too!

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Hondo Karr

« Reply #33 on: Jul 18, 2009, 06:44 AM »
if you'd like to consider it late crusader rather than early crusader, that's fine. i think there are aspects of both and i think it could go either way. however, bone armor would be more consistent with early crusader as the late/kotor era theyd move more to beskar and away from mythosaur bone.

it really reminds me of this guy, who is an early era:

but, as i stated, i personally wouldnt quibble either way.

« Reply #34 on: Jul 19, 2009, 09:18 AM »
Well, Ad'ika, I'm just wondering if his armor looks like bone enough to pass it for early crusader? I may need to do some cosmetics to it to remove all the silver scratches... ;D

« Reply #35 on: Sep 03, 2009, 05:45 PM »
hey I am going to build a neo crusader and I hear that any color within reason will be accepted but what about black? I haven't hear anything about if different colors on the same suit will be accepted. I would like to know this before I start my build, as soon as some one can answer these questins the happer I will be.  ;D

« Last Edit: Sep 03, 2009, 05:46 PM by Silas Jasheen » Logged
'Once I was told that there is a star in the heaven for every hero that ever lived, and when you see a shooting star you know that a hero is coming back down to earth to help some one. If that is true then I know alot of stars.'

Quote from author Christopher S. Horton.

Hondo Karr

« Reply #36 on: Sep 03, 2009, 05:57 PM »
If ou check with the CRL's, you will see that Yellow, Red, Blue and Green are th only colors we will accept for Official Membership for Neo Crusaders.

The CRL's and the Reference library should be well studied and often referenced during you Neo build to make sure you stay within the requirements for our club.

Also, Jaiden Turr'n Verda, a member here is currently prepping molds for Vac Formed Neo Crusader armor and helmets. Might want to check those out!

« Reply #37 on: Sep 03, 2009, 06:05 PM »
Thanks vod I guess I will have to stick to red then. I am going to shoot for the stars with this build and try to build it out of metal.  ;) do you know any one who can help me with that?

Thanks Silas

'Once I was told that there is a star in the heaven for every hero that ever lived, and when you see a shooting star you know that a hero is coming back down to earth to help some one. If that is true then I know alot of stars.'

Quote from author Christopher S. Horton.

Hondo Karr

« Reply #38 on: Sep 03, 2009, 07:19 PM »
at this point, no one's successfully built a neo crusader. jaidens helme mask cowl 3 piece combo was designed with alot of input from members and reference sources and is the best i've seen built. as for the armor, slade tried to build the chest plate from armor but neo armor has so many angkes and shape changes in it it's ner'impossible to do with a single piece of metal. you'd likely need to cut pieces and weld them together to get the angles right. the sets jaiden is offering are my armor build as the base. i built it all from posterboard and tape and then fiberglassed and bondo'd it it's not true to any 1 source or style of neo armor but i borrowed concepts and shapes from various reference material for the design. anyway, he's going to be vacforming them from 1.5mm styrene/hips... the same stuff mx armor is made of. should be pretty sturdy stuff. i dont want to quote the prices as i didnt memrize them but, a complete set can be purchased, when he;s ready to start selling for around $200.00.

Kebii'tra Verda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #39 on: Sep 04, 2009, 10:26 PM »
Yep, you've just about got it.

Here's the thread with the prices: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=16118.0 Look for reply #12.

NEW TRIMMED $250/full set - $325/with 2pc helmet and mask (I'm reworking the helmet to be a 1-piece shell!) NO VISORS & NO HOOD!!!
ROUGH CUT $175/full set - $250/with 2pc helmet and mask

Back on topic... ;)

David.

#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
267th Brigade "Remo's Raiders"
Above and Beyond

Jagen Ordo

• Chirp-chirp-chirp...KABLOEY!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #40 on: Oct 16, 2009, 05:12 PM »
So basically, for a Crusader armour, I could just take the KotOR comics, my imagination, and go nuts?
I know my sister thinks about creating a KotOR era Jedi character for herself (she likes Jedi and Mandos), and I (finding Jedi idiotic, but really liking Mandos) thought about a new Mando character from the same period.
And as I don't like Neo Crusaders (same colours and shapes, could get a Stormy kit for that), I opted for a Crusader.
Would beskar shins, forearms, and chest/back with leather and cloth on the other parts be okay?

Feelings? Look vod, you know who has a lot of feelings? Emo darksiders choking their wives with the Force.
Professionals have standards. Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Hondo Karr

« Reply #41 on: Oct 16, 2009, 06:25 PM »
sounds like youre on track with your idea. use the reference pix on how they should appear to be in universe and in era. also, read over the crl's for late/kotor era crusaders so you know what is and isnt required and what materials are suggested or disallowed. then, start posting your ideas plans and wip's and we'll line you out as you go.

Jagen Ordo

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #42 on: Oct 17, 2009, 04:35 AM »
Roger that.
CRL...
Where are the CRL...

Feelings? Look vod, you know who has a lot of feelings? Emo darksiders choking their wives with the Force.
Professionals have standards. Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Jagen Ordo

« Reply #44 on: Oct 17, 2009, 01:06 PM »
Thanks, vod!
Hm, interesting stuff.

« Reply #45 on: Jul 08, 2010, 01:58 PM »
I have a set of Leather boots with a lug sole and tie up sides that might look right, I just need to remember how to post a picture in here so you all can look at them and say yay or nay

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #47 on: Jul 27, 2010, 01:04 AM »
I'm curious looking through the reference pix for neo-crusaders I've noticed that along with the hard face plate some of them had a fabric cowl instead of the stiffer material that I saw so much through kotor (which was my inspiration) is it acceptable to use the fabic cowl instead of the other material and still fall within the set standards?

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #48 on: Jul 27, 2010, 01:16 AM »
From the Neo-crusader CRL:
1. Full helmet of Neo Crusader type required. Helmet should have a hard face plate and a hard helmet, the helmet should be covered by a same color cowl extending to the neck with the face plate exposed. The cowl should be of a soft material that allows for felxation and head turning.

So pretty much yes, you can use fabric for the cowl, but it has to be over a hard helmet and mask. Jaiden Turr'n Verda's helmet, seen here is pretty much the perfect example of how it should be built.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

scifi4112

• Live for nothing. Or die for somthing.
« Reply #49 on: Dec 18, 2010, 10:20 AM »
can late crusaders have a pauldron? always liked the way they look. and is rohlan dyre a late crusader?

" Come on legless Pouch lets go."
" I'f you call me legless Pouch one more time you're gonna be headless Jensen."
" come on i like it. Makes you sound like a pirate. "
" Your mommas a pirate."

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!