Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Invasion request: Capital City Comic Con - Victoria, BC - 03/16/18

• 7 Replies

Ciryc Ca'tra

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 40% increase or more
Looking for volunteers for this event!

I will need to know by Jan 10th who is interested and what your availability is like so that i can make up a schedule. Thank you!

Info here:

Event Name: Capital City Comic Con
Event Location:
Victoria
BC
Canada

Event Date(s):03/16/18 to 03/18/18

Start time: 3pm - Friday
End time: 5pm - Sunday

Event Description:
Victoria has always had a vibrant fan culture scene. From award-winning graphic novel and vintage comic book stores, popular gaming shops, a booming technology sector, Hollywood film locations and The National Toy Museum of Canada, Victoria attracts the creatively inclined of all ages from across the Pacific Northwest. As a hub of innovation and exploring new frontiers, Victoria prides itself it being an open, inspired and welcoming community.

Capital City Comic Con will be dedicated to comics, toys, games, family fun, science fiction, special guests and pop culture of all kinds. Victoria, B.C. will play host to three days of panels, signings, cosplay, vendors and more in the Victoria Conference Centre and Crystal Gardens.

Capital City Comic Con will feature three days of fun with the largest comic convention on Vancouver Island.

This extensive Comic Con programming schedule spans 73,000 square feet of event space, 19 multi-purpose meeting rooms including a large exhibit hall and a 400-seat lecture theatre in the Victoria Convention Centre, as well as events in The Crystal Garden, formerly an iconic 1920ís swimming pool and tea garden, now offering 25,000 square feet of event space.

Number of attendees: 12,000-15,000

Can provide a safe and secure changing area?: Yes

Wasu'ran Clan/ Alo'rad/ MMCC#1851/ V.O.T.S. #78

WolfofWinter

• Sho'cye Buurenaar-
  • Awards 40% increase or more
Im in as OM in kit for all  days
My fiancee (Tracyn Burenaar) is in as UM (hopefully OM by then) and can help out as a photographer/handler.
My verd'ika will also be attending but obviously not as a helper!  :D

Hunt or  be Hunted
MMCC# 1971
Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #126
New Death Watch Order #45

Ciryc Ca'tra

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 40% increase or more
Im in as OM in kit for all  days
My fiancee (Tracyn Burenaar) is in as UM (hopefully OM by then) and can help out as a photographer/handler.
My verd'ika will also be attending but obviously not as a helper!  :D

Sounds great, thank you!

I am available for all days as OM (barring acceptance of upgraded kit, and work schedule)
minus maybe a couple hours in a Tusken to meet trooping requirments in the other 2 groups.
Time and days are flexible.
I can also bring weapons, equipment, manequins, and other fluff for booth  decoration.

TRM-MMCC-0117
Strength an Honour

I'M NOT RETIRED!!  just upgrading!..... again!
Sector Victoria BC

http://mandalorianmercs.org/who-we-are/club-charter/mercs-codex/

http://mandalorianmercs.org/who-we-are/mission-history/

Ciryc Ca'tra

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
I am available for all days as OM (barring acceptance of upgraded kit, and work schedule)
minus maybe a couple hours in a Tusken to meet trooping requirments in the other 2 groups.
Time and days are flexible.
I can also bring weapons, equipment, manequins, and other fluff for booth  decoration.

That's great, thank you! I'll add you in as handler for now, and if you're kit is ready by then, we'll have you at the photo booth!

Talren Adira

• Awards 40% increase or more Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
Assuming all goes to plan, I should be there saturday all day, likely with either the Husbeast, or the roomate who is in the process of making a kit. 

I was wondering what plans we may have for table setup?

Haven't seen much discussion on the event.

As the local guy an to reduce stuff that out of towners need to bring in I offer to;

-  Print up binders of fluff Ie. the codex, costume requirements etc. 
-  I have a few blasters to have at the table,
-  Could probably set up a wire cage to hold helmets an mando gear
(willing to go out an purchase I think Lowe's has the cage stock) 
-  I have some various crafty stuff for kids to color (somewhere else) that we could put on the table.

-  If we have any press kits I can purchase one of those off a holding member and they can bring it (or pass to a member attending) to the con from Van.

-  I have plans to make 2 patch banners but have yet to put stitch to cloth,
-  I have a generic red and black color, booth frame backdrop, you can Velcro stuff onto it, the thing you see at industry conventions

-  I'm not much of a techy so I'm limited in that area, maybe have an electronic picture frame going, laptop with recruitment videos playing.

Any thoughts?

TRM-MMCC-0117
Strength an Honour

I'M NOT RETIRED!!  just upgrading!..... again!
Sector Victoria BC

http://mandalorianmercs.org/who-we-are/club-charter/mercs-codex/

http://mandalorianmercs.org/who-we-are/mission-history/

Ciryc Ca'tra

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
I was wondering what plans we may have for table setup?

Haven't seen much discussion on the event.

As the local guy an to reduce stuff that out of towners need to bring in I offer to;

-  Print up binders of fluff Ie. the codex, costume requirements etc. 
-  I have a few blasters to have at the table,
-  Could probably set up a wire cage to hold helmets an mando gear
(willing to go out an purchase I think Lowe's has the cage stock) 
-  I have some various crafty stuff for kids to color (somewhere else) that we could put on the table.

-  If we have any press kits I can purchase one of those off a holding member and they can bring it (or pass to a member attending) to the con from Van.

-  I have plans to make 2 patch banners but have yet to put stitch to cloth,
-  I have a generic red and black color, booth frame backdrop, you can Velcro stuff onto it, the thing you see at industry conventions

-  I'm not much of a techy so I'm limited in that area, maybe have an electronic picture frame going, laptop with recruitment videos playing.

Any thoughts?

You have some great ideas and seem to be on the same page as i am with planning!

We would definitely appreciate any coloring pages you would like to bring, we will be bringing some as well.

We have a con kit we can bring, but thank you for offering!

As far as the binder for CRLs- afaik, Brendan was going to get that started. If you two would like to work together to get a binder organized, i would greatly appreciate that (he might have it all finished though, so i will have to ask him).

Alaina will be bringing props, however, the more the merrier ;)

We are hoping to have a backdrop printed soon to bring to the convention and i will keep you posted on that :D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!