Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Design for my Late Era Crusader

• 16 Replies
Design for my Late Era Crusader
« on: Jul 06, 2009, 03:58 PM »
Would this design be appropriate for the regulations regarding this being accepted as an official Late Era Crusader, please tell me what needs changing, sory about the bad drawing.

I will be securing all leg and arm plates with brown leather type belts/straps.
Colour scheme is not final, final design will probably be mainly black brown and a dark matte shade of green.

Any advice or critics welcome

Dar'ramaanyc adol kyr'am. Ori'mirdala.
Immortality through Death. How ironic.

V2 Armour progress Thread: Here

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Design for my Late Era Crusader
« Reply #1 on: Jul 06, 2009, 04:12 PM »
yes, that looks good from the thighs up. the knee's down look too boba/jango. also, the the helmet, i would varying the rangefinder and stalk some, they also look to fett.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #2 on: Jul 07, 2009, 12:18 AM »
I pretty much agree with A'den. The rangefinder definitely needs changing, and the knees. I'd say the shins would probably look okay as long as you don't do the layered strip on the front, but you'd probably want to go without the spats. I can't think off the top of my head that if they show much in the way of boots of the late crusaders, I'll have to look back over the comics.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144
« Reply #3 on: Jul 07, 2009, 05:45 AM »
Waist down was just quickly thrown together, it will get a complete overhaul when i perfect my design. Range finder is being changed alot.

Would the mandolorian comando bucket by Ick'tan Wesdar be acceptable by the rules? obviously modified.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Jul 07, 2009, 11:49 AM »
I feel that his helmet, even stock, would be acceptable for this era.

« Reply #5 on: Jul 07, 2009, 12:23 PM »
Great, seeing as i have paid him already. 

I know that no "modern" plates should be used, is this just visually.
for example if i buy jango armour, like chest and everything, but i only use it as a base in which to mount other armour on to or if i cut it into different shapes, that should be okay shouldnt it?

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #6 on: Jul 07, 2009, 12:31 PM »
As long as you modify enough that it's not really noticeable as Jango plates, it shouldn't be much of a problem. Using it as a base to mount more armor onto might be best, as Crusaders are shown almost exclusively with solid chest plates, rather than the split plates. Then again, if you want to have your Crusader's era be closer to modern times, you could go with the latter.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Kebii'tra Verda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Jul 07, 2009, 01:04 PM »
That helmet looks very familiar...

Imitation is the best form of flattery. ;)

David.

#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
267th Brigade "Remo's Raiders"
Above and Beyond
« Reply #8 on: Jul 07, 2009, 02:06 PM »
Oh cool, never seen that before i dont think. Mine will be different as its using the commando bucket.
Also i dont know if i will keep that grill at the bottom of the helmet as i have the tubes for breathing, maybe it could be an exhaust vent or something.

i came up with the idea after looking at these pics.

« Last Edit: Jul 07, 2009, 02:12 PM by Druan JetBird » Logged

Hondo Karr

« Reply #9 on: Jul 07, 2009, 02:29 PM »
You could use Fett plates as a base. Again, they need to be trimmed and covered as to not be recognizable. That being the case, you can get a whole 4X8 sheet of sintra shipped to you for probably 1/2 the cost of the prefabbed plates. With it, you scratchbuild your whole set.

Or, if you have any cardboard boxes laying around (free) you could cut your plates from them. Use tape to shape them, add layers, hold them together etc. Then, using probably 2-3 cans of fiberglass resin (at $10.00 per can) you coat them and they're ready to paint. That's cheaper than sintra and you'd have fiberglass plates! That's how I plan to do my Neo Crusader armor.

Kebii'tra Verda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: Jul 07, 2009, 05:45 PM »
Yep, those are two of the same pics I used to design mine. That's cool though. I look forward to seeing yours when it's done!

David.

#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
267th Brigade "Remo's Raiders"
Above and Beyond
« Reply #11 on: Jul 09, 2009, 05:40 PM »
just looked around and found this, under neo crusader reference pics, i know its wrong era, but looks alot like my design.
is it supposed to be neo crusader, it doesnt have the "mask with hood" helmet that all others have.
its a perfect reference for my design, so am i   late or neo?

« Last Edit: Jul 09, 2009, 05:56 PM by Druan JetBird » Logged

Hondo Karr

« Reply #12 on: Jul 09, 2009, 05:50 PM »
the pix showing as deleted?

One thing with the past era Mandalorians, for Official Membership, we are requiring that the applicant be era specific.We will deny applications that mix era's.

Hondo Karr

« Reply #13 on: Jul 09, 2009, 07:05 PM »
if it's in the neo thread, it was an error. it should have been in kotor.

Hagen Nor'ak

• More then credits
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #14 on: Jul 10, 2009, 05:15 AM »
No that's Neo shock trooper. Neo crusader era would be the correct place for it. Shock troops were used for the hazardous missions where the enviroment was unknown or ship sieges, where one wrong blaster shot could change the enviroment real quick.

Have a good one,
Hagen

« Reply #15 on: Jan 05, 2016, 10:38 AM »
No that's Neo shock trooper. Neo crusader era would be the correct place for it. Shock troops were used for the hazardous missions where the enviroment was unknown or ship sieges, where one wrong blaster shot could change the enviroment real quick.

Have a good one,
Hagen

your right, it is a definite shock trooper design, but still not a shock trooper helmet seen as the cheeks are the more traditional style than closer to the shock trooper style, atm there is actually not a shock trooper helmet or kit made so far, but I do like the helmet. and idk if it would be accepted as late crusader, more just as a neo crusador

"Ni narir va gaanader mando jibr, mando jibr gaanader ni"-Jalkaryr jag

(I didn't choose the mandalorian life, the mandalorian life chose me)-(my name)

Sulkon88

• Mandalorian Bounty Hunter
« Reply #16 on: Jan 05, 2016, 08:03 PM »
Props for a late crusader build. Love seeing more of the crazy unique fashions from the kotor comic.

"Blast them, beat them burn them I don't care. Just get them off my ship!" - Jorean Bosch

My Scratchbuild http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=75521.15

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!