Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

W.I.P. I have been gone for a bit....

• 145 Replies

Tal Akaan

• “Death...he comes for us all. Greet him fiercely.”
W.I.P. I have been gone for a bit....
« on: Jan 17, 2018, 07:58 PM »
It has been a while and everything put on hold, but we are back in the saddle again and ready to get back at it. Here is where I had left off and I am reposting these pics because apparently photobucket wants all of my money.

Helmet Pics

Boots

Gloves

Blaster (Built off a Steyr AUG)

4” PVC Gauntlet Bases

Anyway, this is where I am in the build. I am currently working on the gauntlets, I will post more pics as I go. Let me know what you guys think so far.

« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2018, 04:13 PM by VampireHunterD » Logged

Torolf Goran

• Take what you can, give nothing back.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member
Re: W.I.P. I have been gone for a bit....
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2018, 08:03 PM »
It's all looking great so far. The weathering and damage on the handplate looks amazing and I love the paint scheme on the helmet.

Bes'uliik Clan - Arkansas   OM #1545  
Brigade Member - Striker Division, Privateer / Heavy Melee
501st Diamond Garrison - TA 15450
M.M.R.S. - 001 (founder), W.B. - 003, QMU - 055, L.O.B. - 015, O.S.B.A. - 004, B.o.B.B. - 015, N.O.S. - 018

If you're new to the club and in Arkansas go here.
Official Invasions: 18

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2018, 08:51 PM »
Definitely looking nice, vod.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Mavik

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. EnviroOps Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2018, 12:42 AM »
Very nice job so far

Tal Akaan

« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2018, 04:23 PM »
I was thinking about using this bag in my kit, it would be a great place to put my voice amp, wallet, phone, ect. I know I’ll have to modify it and cover up the logo.

Having never used a sewing machine, this is my first go, brought in the legs of my coveralls so they weren’t so baggy.

Jenga

• Shiloh - Kyrimorut
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2018, 08:58 PM »
Nice work! Flightsuit looks like it fits nicely, overall. The back might be a tad baggy, but that should be covered by the vest so I think you'll be ok.

Great progress, Vod.

#1732 | He/Him | Kyrimorut Clan | Official Invasions: 39 | Event Team 2022-current | App Team 2018-2021 | Art Team 2019-2021

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #6 on: Jan 29, 2018, 01:34 PM »
Looking good so far vod

Armor does not make a Mandalorian. The armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassailable heart.

Tal Akaan

« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2018, 06:50 PM »
Thank You Vode for all of the encouraging words! So this is a small update on what we have going on at the moment.

Soft parts:
Picked up my girth belt

Painted it OD green and made it dingy

Here it is with some of my soft parts

And then my Incredible Wife got me an amazing Valentines Day Present!!!!!

Here it is next to my blaster rifle

Anyway that is where I’m at right now, I will post more as I get more completed.

Havelock

• Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #8 on: Feb 13, 2018, 07:41 PM »
That's a pretty nice conglomeration of awesome!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett

Tal Akaan

« Reply #9 on: Feb 13, 2018, 08:18 PM »
Thanks Havelock! I remember keeping tabs on your build, I was so glad when you completed your build and got your kill stripes, if anyone deserved it, it was you! Usually the first friendly face to greet anyone on here....Havelock has your back!

trashcanmando

• This is all Karen Traviss' fault. they/them
« Reply #10 on: Feb 13, 2018, 08:23 PM »
This is looking awesome so far! I've been wanting one of those hip bag things for a while. Love the rifle!

Havelock

« Reply #11 on: Feb 13, 2018, 08:26 PM »
Thanks, Hunter, I really appreciate that.   ;D  I'm looking forward to seeing you get your stripes, too.  So hurry it up, already!   :P

Tal Akaan

« Reply #12 on: Feb 13, 2018, 08:39 PM »
Bahahahaha!!!! Yeah, nothing....NOTHING about this whole thing has been fast. It’s like a test of patience and failure and self hatred that somehow turns into something amazing.

Thanks Akaleh! The blaster rifle was the first thing I made, I told myself if I can build a decent blaster, then I’m buying a helmet and going all in.

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #13 on: Feb 14, 2018, 01:31 PM »
Your build is coming along fantastic! I WANT that pistol!!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #14 on: Feb 14, 2018, 02:03 PM »
Nice progress so far!

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Arkham

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #15 on: Feb 14, 2018, 02:45 PM »
Looking good. Excited to see this coming together!

Arkham's WIP

Tra'cor Clan // G.O.M.O.L # 032 // M.V.S #68 // O.O.P.S.! #52 // L.O.B #49

John Precal

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #16 on: Feb 19, 2018, 05:54 PM »
Working on getting my Preapp pics done now, a lot of the self lotheing comes in goes, and the stress levels get high. But then I look as to why I'm doing it, and the community thats around me and it makes it all worth it.

I gotta say I LOVE your blaster rifle. The AUG is a rally good base for this look and it's really frickin cool.
As for the Ukoala bag (I'm assuming that's what it is) be sure it's something you're willing to dirty up and make it look used. It's coming along nice, and the green with yellow trim is always a solid combo, keep at it, and when you feel that resistance pushing you back, bring your shoulder in and plow through it. You got this.

Tal Akaan

« Reply #17 on: Feb 20, 2018, 06:02 PM »
To John Precal and my Vode out there! Thank You! Yes pushing forward, and why am I doing this?!? When I was about 6-7 Spider-Man came to our local department store (don’t know if anyone remembers Hills Department Store) and me and my brother got a Polaroid picture taken with him, I still have it. I have a huge smile on my face and have always remembered that day. I want to make some other kid feel that same way, I want to do some good in this world, and I want to be Mandalorian!!! Hope you all have a great day!!! Thank you all again!

Tal Akaan

« Reply #18 on: Feb 26, 2018, 05:40 PM »
Okay, before I go any farther on my vest I want to get your guys input. I still have to hem the bottom and install a zipper on the side and attach the shoulder armor flaps. What do you think?

On the right track or scrap it and start over?

Also I am going to add a red Sith Kyber crystal trophy to my blaster.(want to be a Force Hunter eventually) Installed a lanyard loop on the butt of my pistol.

« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2018, 08:06 PM by VampireHunterD » Logged

Jenga

• Shiloh - Kyrimorut
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #19 on: Feb 26, 2018, 09:04 PM »
Vest is looking good! It's got a really nice fit.  :D

#1732 | He/Him | Kyrimorut Clan | Official Invasions: 39 | Event Team 2022-current | App Team 2018-2021 | Art Team 2019-2021

Tal Akaan

« Reply #20 on: Feb 26, 2018, 09:24 PM »
Thank You Vod, that’s what I needed to hear, I will finish it up!

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #21 on: Feb 26, 2018, 10:13 PM »
Looks great vod!

Armor does not make a Mandalorian. The armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassailable heart.

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #22 on: Feb 27, 2018, 12:17 AM »
Vest looks solid. Nice work.

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

John Precal

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #23 on: Feb 28, 2018, 05:58 PM »
the vest is looking rather good. 2 things I'dd suggest are maybe try to add a flap top of shoulder thing (look at boba and jangos vest at the shoulder) to attach the bells to, its not a requirement to have that flap, but IMO it damn sure looks good. The other thing is you dont have to hem the vest, you can actually tuck it under your girth belt like jango's is and it can give a good sharp appearance, That depends entirely on what your aesthetic is.
although, you are on the right track and it looks good so far, cant wait to see what comes out of this.

Tal Akaan

« Reply #24 on: Feb 28, 2018, 07:22 PM »
Definitely planning on doing the shoulder attachment flap things.  :P
I do however have a question for you guys, I was looking to buy a backplate, any suggestions? Thanks Vode!

***edit***
Was eyeing the basic backplate from the Mandalorian Arsenal for $40, I might just go with that one, seems like quite a few people have used them in the past.

« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2018, 07:38 PM by VampireHunterD » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!