Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Alrighty. how's this?

• 3 Replies
Alrighty. how's this?
« on: Apr 10, 2018, 05:18 PM »
I got this plastic from work (for 25 cents, too) and I decided to try my luck finally and see how this would work for armor. I'm not 100% certain, yet I think it's PVC, if not something similar. It was a display sign once. It's 3mm, and I had to try this at least twice because it was easy to cut in the wrong place. What do you think? would this hold up? or break to easily? (because it can if you hit it right) And I know you guys are hesitant to click outside links, yet photobucket doesn't work like it should anymore so I used a different image host service, and this should be ok.

https://ibb.co/ezyL6c
https://ibb.co/mSGUzx

« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2018, 05:23 PM by InfraFett » Logged

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Alrighty. how's this?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 12, 2018, 07:43 PM »
If you hit 'Embed Codes' on that site and use the BB code, you can embed the pic on the thread, like so:

If it was a display sign, it's pretty definitely PVC, as that's by far the most common sign plastic. Even if not, as long as it's smooth finished or can be smoothed, and can be shaped with heat it'll do the job. At 3mm, if shapeable it oughtta work out well for you.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144
« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2018, 12:21 AM »
Oh, didn't see that. Thanks. and yeah, thanks for the info. this stuff still cracks relatively easy so I'll be getting plastidip or flex seal and hopefully that will solve that. Thanks again

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Apr 13, 2018, 12:24 AM »
If it was an old sign, may have gone brittle from UV exposure.  Would recommend bondo over plasti dip, for the cracks.  If you're going to plasti-dip or flex seal anything, do a test piece all the way to your finished paint and post a pic here to make sure it'll work out.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!