Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My Mando Concept. Interesting Idea too.

• 5 Replies

Rekr

My Mando Concept. Interesting Idea too.
« on: Jan 31, 2018, 04:56 AM »
My Mando concept.

I have played around with some color and I don't think I like having anything but greys, black, and white.  What do you think is the grey too much?  I want to go for an Assassin, 267th, or city environmental.  I might put some white symbols or tick marks in certain spots to break up the large areas of grey.

I want to make the chest diamond white or have the the center of it or the edges of it white, either or.  The concept has a skull on the shoulder but I would have a different symbol, one on each shoulder I think but all in black.  The gauntlets would be different than the concept too, I want the inner sides to be grey like the chest plates, and then the outer sides that have the weapons mounts will be white and possibly some black outlines.  The thick belt might be white, grey, or black, but I haven't decided for sure.  The shins won't actually be armor but I have tall black boots and I wanted to see how the colors would play with each other.  I will probably have a black neck seal.

I want to carry a Westar 35 (like clan Vizsla uses) on my right thigh which will go in a black holster, a knife on the left hip, and maybe some grenades on my left thigh.  If I go for a 267th I might make a carbine of my own design.

I really want to incorporate a poncho which I made a while back, it is a very thin black gauze poncho which I easily wrap around my shoulders so that it looks like a hooded cape or drop over one shoulder to show off your armor but still hide that you have your hand on your sidearm.  The hood is big enough to sit on a helmet and still be flowy, which I think would look really cool for photos and really fits my assassin character I'm thinking up so he could be extra discreet when people are on the lookout for a Mando or if he needs to be sneaky about what he is doing with his hands.  I know assassins are supposed to only use heavy fabrics for capes but strongly think that a thin fabric is the way to go because if it got caught up on something or was wrapped around your neck to choke you then you could rip through it.  In other words the fabric is tactical for a close range fighter/assassin.

I'd love to know what you guys think.  Feel free to suggest stuff or say you don't like something.

Barrise Tisa

• Mother of nexu
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Celebration Orlando 2017 Donated four quarters of 2023. EnviroOps
Re: My Mando Concept. Interesting Idea too.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2018, 11:41 AM »
Hi there I love the idea. I feel like maybe adding a but more white or silver (dulled down) might be great.

I am a big fan of westars. Since you don't have thigh plates to being with your going to want to think about where your hostlers lay and how to stream line the holsters if your going assassin at some point.

I like the idea of a good but it could look really earthly if not careful. For any brigade your now required to have cod and backplate.

I feel that maybe a white sinch belt would help pull everything together.

Now this is totally my thoughts I feel the skull is way over used there are so many different emblems out there.

Hope my thoughts help. Feel free to Ask anything.

The mother of nexus
MMCC #1735. Brigade #251,392.  QMU #065. M5 #84.  M.P.C.S. #004. Aran Wolves Oyula Ori'tsad #05. Mir'Shebse #14. L.O.B #36. M.A.R.S. #69 O.O.P.S #56 M.V.S #074 Vode Be Vhekad #19
https://i.imgur.com/dHQt60n.jpeg

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2018, 12:06 PM »
It's a good idea to build with brigade in mind, but keep in mind it's also a good idea to focus on the OM thing before doing all the additions to make brigade. 

Designs evolve as we build.   Your 3 brigade options have pretty different mindsets.  If I'm an assassin, I don't want to be readily identifiable, so emblems would be disguised or discreet.  Less of an issue for city environmental.   You have a lot of good ideas right now, you might even have 2 kits worth :) I think one key that sometimes people forget is editing down a bit so that things don't get too busy.   I don't see anything on your list that isn't doable, or is ill-advised, but if ALL of it were on the kit, it might be a bit much. 

Will be watching your build Vod!  Exciting time!

Rekr

« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2018, 05:30 PM »
I appreciate the feedback.

I like the idea of a good but it could look really earthly if not careful. For any brigade your now required to have cod and backplate.

Now this is totally my thoughts I feel the skull is way over used there are so many different emblems out there.

I was planning on having the same color backplate as the chest plates.  I was gonna have the cod piece be black so it doesn't get too lost in the greys of the flight suit but I don't know if it would make it stand out too much since it would be the only piece of all black armor and it would be right on my crotch.  You can see how the colors would be in the concept where the cod is black.

Dha'werd

• Dha'werd Oya'karir
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2018, 05:37 PM »
I like the concept, the poncho could paint words in mando'a.
the plates would paint them gray not so dark, that way contrasts with the dark flight suit
good luck ;)

regards

Thel Ihveen

• Stirring the concept pot.
« Reply #5 on: Feb 26, 2018, 12:36 AM »
I think the gray works well! :) Since you have both black, white, dark gray and light gray you have enough value range that it'll be visually interesting, especially with the symbols added. The gauze sounds like a great idea, too - I'm partial to the stuff, since that's what my sash is made from. It tatters beautifully and has good texture. It would look great as a hood/poncho but I don't know as it would pass for a cape through brigades. Echoing what Sep said - having 3 different brigade ideas will certainly make things messy, to say the least. I'd pick maybe one and go from there. As for the cod - it actually looks really cool, since it matches the black of the vest and gives it contrast. Even if it's the only black armor on your kit, it's not the only black, period, so it doesn't look out of place at all.
Good luck on your build!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!