Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

using a X-wing pilots flak vest

• 2 Replies

Buir Be An Vheh'ade

• CMDR Flavor Fleet, Wampa Squadron SBYL-17-01
using a X-wing pilots flak vest
« on: Feb 10, 2018, 03:46 AM »
ok i did a search first  and found nothing on the subject.
as im going to be  finishing up my kit this year . Yay its only been like 5 years since ive joined the mercs. and i will be sanding and beinging to shape my legacy armor that has been cut out for the  last 3 years sitting in my closet.  well i have allways loved the look of the origional triologys  xwing flak vest. and want to use it. for my flak vest. is there anything that would keep me from using the xwing style flak for my legacy kit
i do plan on adding  shoulder wings for the  shoulder pieces of the armor. but reallly like the look of the  flak vest. would the app team deny the using  of it. and to preempt the  concern and question. My bucket will have full seal neck seal thats attached to the bottom of the bucket that extends into the banded neck of the flight suit top.

Chef A'lor -"Fear is the path that leads to the burnt side", B.O.M.B.#6 Cmdr PacificPastramiPacking fleet
Wrangalorian#002, M.A.#179,  Draluram (mandalorian chef society)#018, Mando wraps#003 Oribru Akaata (Emergency Battalion)#25
I AM THE BEAST MASTER - "Wampa it's whats for dinner"
W.I.P. http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=130851.0

OriKad

• Cat#: 0233
  • Awards Special Weapons Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: using a X-wing pilots flak vest
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2018, 11:51 PM »
If the plates hold themselves on, which is the usual case with Legacy, I don't see a problem using an X-wing vest to fulfill the requirements of having a vest.  See my avatar picture?  That kit's got an x-wing style vest, so I'm a precedent for approvability.

Buir Be An Vheh'ade

• CMDR Flavor Fleet, Wampa Squadron SBYL-17-01
Re: using a X-wing pilots flak vest
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2018, 07:03 PM »
See my avatar picture?  That kit's got an x-wing style vest, so I'm a precedent for approvability.

right on that answers my question fully then hahaha.  im looking at going full on X-wing flak but of course, mine will be  a very dirty, weathered flak . sort of the well i needed a flak vest and well the pilot had the one that i liked  on so i took his.
ok so i left out the part that he gave it up willingly because well, he was the bounty i was after  hahahaha.
plusi like the ribbing on the  x-wing flak which will help keep me cooler on the  warmer days by helping to kit a n air space between me and my armor plates

Chef A'lor -"Fear is the path that leads to the burnt side", B.O.M.B.#6 Cmdr PacificPastramiPacking fleet
Wrangalorian#002, M.A.#179,  Draluram (mandalorian chef society)#018, Mando wraps#003 Oribru Akaata (Emergency Battalion)#25
I AM THE BEAST MASTER - "Wampa it's whats for dinner"
W.I.P. http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=130851.0

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!